TheInnocentFool
TheInnocentFool
Omega+
IGN:
TheInnocentFool or MedicalRP

DATE:
11/29/2021

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest that the sounds for the phones (such as the music you can play) and sounds such as the school bell to be changed on how the sound is played to the server or to certain people.

|

When the playsound command is executed (which I assume is how they play the sound, in one way or another, whether it be using the default command of /playsound or it uses some different way within the plugin, it most likely still uses the different sound sources that you can use to play the sound through internally.

|

This specifies the music category and options the sound falls under. Must be master, music, record, weather, block, hostile, neutral, player, ambient, or voice.

unknow6tryfgn.png

Both the music from phones and the school bell are listed under master. This means, it doesn't matter what percentage you place any of the other categories, the songs and the bell are blazingly loud if you keep the master volume up. Yet, if you reduce the master volume, you slowly lose the other sounds.

|

I suggest placing the sounds of those two (and any other sounds that are not vanilla and artificially added by SRP plugins), into the Voice/Speech category.

|

The Voice/Speech category was added in 1.9 (which means it's old enough that everyone who playing SRP within the recommended versions will have it) and it was added for map makers to add voice acting into their storylines, yet since there obviously isn't any in SRP, it's a free sound slider to use.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I believe this will benefit the server/community because I know for at least me, people spamming phone music in large crowds can be annoying, I like having sounds up to hear footsteps and water flowing and rain to make it immersive, just for a school bell to blare into my ears.

I hope others agree as much as I do on this suggestion.​

Kenzo

Level 9
TheInnocentFool
TheInnocentFool
Omega+
Most likely the SRP developers could go into the code of the plugins used and find it, the hard part should just be locating it, easy part is changing the name and saving.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I don't think this is that important, but if the devs aren't busy then go for it ig.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We can't change this at the moment. We're slowly re-making our plugins to be compatible with 1.17, so this will be something we'll add onto the list for the plugin this belongs to & will eventually be updated. An update will be posted on the thread at a later date, thank you for your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread