Changes in High School Age Progression

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
IGN: ganguh
DATE: 26 December 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Slight changes to the system of progression for grades 7-12.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: After recently logging on a new alt account and having to sit through the age progression process, I believe some changes should be made to the way in which grade progression occurs. Long story short, seeing as Grade 7 is already unavailable for age change requests, it is the standard role for new players to the server. However, while after someone passes grade 7, they often are automatically given grade 8, an option should be provided to decide which grade they wish to have for their character (this would not included college and above, strictly grades 8-12, which are already available via /help requests). Grades below 12 are not giveaway signs that a player may be new, but having a grade below 12 for a more experienced player tends to be relatively uncommon because of a preconceived notion that lower grades suggest inexperience. Roleplaying as younger characters is, accidentally, discouraged by the way in which the age progression system functions right now.

tl;dr, after the time as passed for a grade-7 progression, grant players the option to choose the grade for their character, encouraging experienced players to use lower grades and maintaining retention for newer players who may feel frustrated about the grade progression process.

Gazt0n_

Level 7

I get what you are saying and i like the idea. But the problem is, grades are being treated as irrelevant and just to say that they are just a highschooler.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
+1
Maybe after a certain amount of time has passed (just like how it is), the option to age up will be given and it will keep doing that until you reach Grade-12. So maybe something like a /ageup command after the required amount of time condition has been met.

grades are being treated as irrelevant and just to say that they are just a highschooler.
Also it’s not just the grade. It’s also the age. This is probably a good option for trying to keep characters young for family type purposes or to actually allow peoples character to “normally” grow instead of having to rely on the timer.

Gazt0n_

Level 7
Also it’s not just the grade. It’s also the age. This is probably a good option for trying to keep characters young for family type purposes or to actually allow peoples character to “normally” grow instead of having to rely on the timer.
i see your point

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
+1
Maybe after a certain amount of time has passed (just like how it is), the option to age up will be given and it will keep doing that until you reach Grade-12. So maybe something like a /ageup command after the required amount of time condition has been met.

exactly how i was thinking !!! i like how u worded it, defo better than i did

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
My homie it will be a thing in the future check the weird link with srp updates-> in the future it will be poasible to changw the age eveey 2 weeka

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
My homie it will be a thing in the future check the weird link with srp updates-> in the future it will be poasible to changw the age eveey 2 weeka
yeahyeah, trust me, i've seen that !!! i'm talking about the issue of grade progression itself though, and not age changes

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback, however after discussing this with the rest of the staff team we have come to the decision to partially deny this.

- We won't be changing the way our current grading system works (progressing through grades 7-12 via playtime) as it's something to work towards as a new player.​
- As @HATOLA mentioned above, we'll be adding a feature to allow you to change your in-game age, this means that if you have obtained Grade-12 (or have the playtime to qualify for it), you can choose to age & grade down to a lower grade (e.g. /setage 14 would set me to Grade-8).​

Users who are viewing this thread