Changing the fishing system

KiwiDrinksWater

Level 1
KiwiDrinksWater
KiwiDrinksWater
Notable
IGN: KiwiDrinksWater
DATE:March 2nd
This new update is so frustrating. Everyone at the pond is mad now that there's been a close to impossible way to fish peacefully.
(UPDATE)
Alright,after this new new update is alot better,this new one is perfect, it's something that I seem that can satisfy everyone. It's alot more understanding and still has a realistic feel that can be used better for RP. I love the way there's colors and it's not always the same bar so it gives the immersion of having to stay alarm to real,and on top of that having to pay attention what to real into depending on rarity. Sorry for seeming frustrated with the previous one. I was just thinking it was gonna be permanent.

Last edited:

Ace!

Level 6
IsAce_V
IsAce_V
Fundraiser+
+1 the old fishing was peaceful and fun. this new one sucks and is not fun. please bring back the old one or make something better.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
-1/Neutral
Fishing isn't a simple task, hence the change. Instead, I'd personally just increase the amount of XP gained as well as the NPC sell price

Alternatively, it could be made so that you don't have to right click when a fish baits, meaning that you only have to click once during the bar quick-time event

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
It took me about 10 seconds to figure out how this works, I really don't see what the problem is. And that isn't an exaggeration, either; from the moment I cast my line in the water to me catching a fish, it really was about 10 seconds. This is WAY better than the vanilla fishing, where you'd have to wait ages, listen to the cue, and just click twice.

Though, I'm not a super huge fan that you NEED to fish in certain locations now. A lot of players fish based on sound cues, so now that you're limited to only fishing at hotspots like the pond (with other players fishing, meaning sounds overlap), it kind of screws us over.
(I don't actually know how true this is. It could be based on the size of the water, I haven't used anything other than the small river below the shrine. Still, even that far is kind of annoying, since you can only sell fish at the pond.)

Last edited:

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
I believe that the whole point of the new update to the fishing was to develop roleplay more. Realistically, fishing isn't easy and must be learned, hence the new plugin to make roleplay more realistic.

Novuscraft

Level 8
Neutral
My only complaint of this new update is the rainbow mini game as if you get red you would instantly lose if you don’t move fast enough.
other than that I am pretty cool with the update

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Please note this update hasn’t even been released for a full 24 hours. I recommend taking some genuine time with the plug-in and learn how it works before commenting. Treat it as learning how to play a new game :D

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 I love the new fishing update, it stops players from being able to just use an autofishing mod to fish infinitely & now requires actual engagement. The mi****mes are not difficult & if you struggle with lag it can be easy to compensate by simply clicking slightly earlier than normal

Mialyansa

Level 64
-1 I said before, that I didn't like the new fishing but now I discovered that the texture pack hadnt been updated to my minecraft. I think the new fishing is cool but I would like for more fishing places to be added. Maybe the sewers could have a higher chance of giving you junk and random materials.

Users who are viewing this thread