Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
IGN: atjayy
DATE:
12/3/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A little ". . is typing." / "Typing. ." icon.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: ok hear me out yall (Im not 100% sure if this is a thing that's been brought up or not, but it sorta just socked me in the back of the brain.)

Are you sick of waiting for your roleplay partner(s) to finish their actions, but you have NO idea if they're actually.. Y'know.. Typing? Well.. Same.

I believe, not just me (totally only me), that there should be some sort of icon displayed next to a character's name to show if their typing or not. Why? It's the simple things that count! Let's say you weren't in a VC with said player (could be a new friend), and you really want to know if they're actually talking to you (and not just ghosting you.. its happened to me..), it would be SUCH a cool little thing to add in.

I, personally, have come across multiple players who take their time to send out actions. I get that people like to DetailRP (while some spend 5 minutes on a single 5 word action), but we can't keep going to DMs to ask them CONSTANTLY if they're actioning. (Again this is mostly for people who're making new friends, BUT it's still a cool feature.)

I don't have a screenshot to show the exact spot at where I think it should be at.. But anywhere near the character's display name would work honestly.​

I hope this made sense.. Or sorta did. Im sick asf- i cant process whats going on rn LOL​

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
Neutral.

It's a cool idea; however, implementing this would not be possible. Additionally, if it is, it'd be challenging to do so.

atjayy

Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
Neutral.

It's a cool idea; however, implementing this would not be possible. Additionally, if it is, it'd be challenging to do so.
i think ive seen it before, but im not sure. It does seem challenging tho

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This wouldn't be possible with the way minecraft messages work. The server doesn't know that you're sending a message until you hit the enter button, there's no way for them to understand that you're typing a message.

Just communicate with the people that you're roleplaying with that you're typing a long action, or ask them in looc. If you're typing in the minecraft chat window, just CTRL+A to select everything, CTRL+C to copy, then type whatever in /looc (this won't mess with appended messages, if you use those.)

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
If it's possible yeah +1, however I don't really think it is unfortunately :(

However it'd be so cool to be able to right click people and see if they're typing

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
If it's possible yeah +1, however I don't really think it is unfortunately :(

However it'd be so cool to be able to right click people and see if they're typing
That's a good idea, it does get annoying if people go AFK and you think they're typing but their not, so you're held hostage in their hands.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
+1
Would be best server in da world hands down if they could implement this. My attention span to wait for people is crazy. But that’s the risk you must conquer when role playing with people for the first time.

lilripx471

Level 15
RewindRP
RewindRP
Notable+
Neutral.

I couldnt agree more. Although it would give you a heads up when you are going to get a message.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
-1 not possible, and even if it was, that’d make a lot of people uncomfortable when they’re writing. People already try to cut their rp short without giving it any thought, if they know ppl see them type the entire time it’ll cause a lot of stress. As a writer myself (someone who is considering it in a professional field), feeling rushed only creates bad writing

atjayy

Level 29
phvntombride
phvntombride
Omega+
-1 not possible, and even if it was, that’d make a lot of people uncomfortable when they’re writing. People already try to cut their rp short without giving it any thought, if they know ppl see them type the entire time it’ll cause a lot of stress. As a writer myself (someone who is considering it in a professional field), feeling rushed only creates bad writing
Really valid point, honestly.

I can see it being useful, if even possible -
As a heavy DetailRPer myself, I can see why this would be stressful as well.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
^ Originally I thought this would be fun but if someone didn't want to be bothered and was f-msgin someone it would show (because it's not like the chat can tell what you are typing) and it might start when you open chat. I for one tab out by opening chat and would find this a rather large annoyance also as a writer

Users who are viewing this thread