players online

Cheer Pom Pom's Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

violentgrl

Level 6
IGN: lesqian
DATE: 7/4/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Remodel the pom pom's, similar to the old ones.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I'd like to start by saying, I understand why the pom pom's were re-shaded: one, to fit the new shading style and two, the file size. However, the old model is preferred by both teams, from those I've spoken to.

- The colours were far more appropriate and matched our uniforms.
- The pom pom's themselves were far more visible to players watching the performances we do. When you look at the new, re-shaded pom pom's straight on, they don't look visible at all and in all honesty, receiving your pom pom's was one of the most exciting things about joining the team.
- Respectfully, they just look like plants but we appreciate the work you do.

This is hardly a vital suggestion but the old design are just easier on the eye. Some may argue that they don't look realistic but we are playing a minecraft server and things are expected to look blocky.

If they were to return/be remodelled, the only adjustment I'd say is to make them slightly smaller so they don't cover a cheerleaders screen when they're in-hand.

Thank youuu!

Last edited:

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+10000000
PLEASE WHY ARE MY CHEERLEADERS HOLDING DEAD BUSHES DYED RED AND BLACK
PLEASE IM BEGGING. Or maybe re-edited so they look fluffier and cute :3

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
+1 When you look at the new pom poms straight on they literally disappear. pls give us some new blocky ones ty

Last edited:

dollflies

Level 3
1+
This was a change that was not even run by the cheerleaders that HAS TO HOLD THEM, I appreciate the work you guys put out but please, you could've at least checked in with the users of the pom-pom to make sure they were gonna be liked.

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+1 (coming from an ex cheer leader) !!!
I am almost certain that the pompom's could be retextured to be more 3D on top of match with uniforms color/palette wise.
Do change the way the item looks while in hand, it covers almost your entire screen and you cant see anything when holding them...

Tourning

Level 8
Tourning
Tourning
Rich
+1!!!!!!!!!!

I get that this probably isn't on top of anyone at staff's priorities, and it doesn't need to be, but PLEASE look into this eventually.. No disrespect to whoever made the current one but it was such a downgrade to what was once had, and I do not wish for any future cheerleaders to go through what I and others had experienced, or have been currently experiencing.

(The old model did have it's issues, of course, namely the amount of space it took up on your screen, but I feel like this could be remedied in a potential revamp.)

Last edited:

lola✮

Level 7
+1 all the waaaaaaay
The new ones are fine coming from someone who holds them but like I MISS THE BLOCKY ONES. They just had that cheer-y volume to them, like proper pompoms. Im glad the new ones don't take up 100% of my screen but I just think the old ones were cuter. GIVE US BACK THE VOLUMEEE THE FLUFF please

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
- To keep it short, the old model is deleted and not returning. It was way too over-modelled and just a bunch of cubes sitting on top of another which doesn't even make it look like a pompom.
- The colors of the new model were color-picked from the old model so I'm not sure what's the complaint about it and I'm unsure if the uniform shading has changed though that shouldn't really be an issue with the model
- Lastly we had a modeller recreate a 3D version of the pompom while keeping it simple and we don't think it looks any better

1680890785405.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread