godsfavourite
Notable
INFORMATION

IGN of Club Leader
: vetelas

RPName of Club Leader: Jiro Nysai

Discord Tag: Ayouub#5449

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:
Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I believe I should become a club leader due to my extensive experience and passion for chess. With several years of playing and studying the game, I have developed a deep understanding of chess strategy and tactics. As a club leader, I can share my knowledge and help club members improve their skills. Additionally, I am good at organizing events and fostering a welcoming environment. I have ideas for organizing regular tournaments, inviting guest speakers, and conducting training sessions to benefit all club members. And chess in SRP should be a very unique and new idea that could be quite fun and full of activities.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club
:
Chess club
Your current members RPName & IGN:
Sqwishy | Dal H. Hatake
Ikuzushi | Eyvindur V. Nørgaard
erheiurthopirttd | Nicolai V. Nørgaard
Lazeas | Loofy Dee
KingSaiko | Kon Koji
Teikko | Kiyoshi Saiki
lustinn | Michael Kaiser
Adorish | Santi Xera
The club supervisor's RPName & IGN:
DumpsterDawg | Kinoko T. Yokuna
What is your motivation for creating this club:
This chess club stems from a deep belief in the transformative power of chess as an educational and social tool. Chess is not just a game; it is a mental exercise that cultivates critical thinking, strategic planning, and decision-making skills. I am driven by the desire to provide a platform within our school where students can embrace the intellectual challenges and enriching experiences that chess offers. By creating this club, I aim to foster an inclusive and vibrant community where students can come together, learn from one another, and embark on a journey of self-improvement through chess. Chess develops important life skills such as logical reasoning, creativity, and the ability to think ahead, enhancing problem-solving abilities in academics and real-life scenarios. The club will also serve as a bridge, bringing together students from different backgrounds and fostering camaraderie and sportsmanship. Establishing a chess club in our school will showcase the school's commitment to providing diverse extracurricular opportunities that cater to the intellectual and personal development of its students. My motivation for creating this chess club is driven by the belief in the educational and social benefits that chess can bring to our school community. I am committed to fostering an inclusive and intellectually stimulating environment where students can develop their skills, form connections, and experience personal growth through the captivating game of chess.

What activities and events will your club do?:
  1. For club members-only event:
  • Monthly club tournaments exclusively for members, allowing them to showcase their skills and compete in a friendly atmosphere.
  • Organize chess workshops and training sessions led by experienced players, where members can learn advanced strategies and improve their gameplay.
2. For school-wide club events:
  • Host a school-wide chess exhibition where members of the club showcase their skills and provide demonstrations to other students.
  • Collaborate with the debate club to organize a "Chess and Debate" event, combining intellectual pursuits to foster critical thinking and communication skills.
  • Organize a school-wide chess championship tournament, inviting participants from all grade levels to compete for the title of school champion.

How could your club benefit the School?:
  1. The chess club can bring several benefits to the school community:
  • Promotes critical thinking, strategic planning, and decision-making skills among students, helping them excel academically.
  • Fosters a sense of healthy competition, sportsmanship, and teamwork among students.
  • Provides an intellectual and constructive activity for students during their free time, reducing idle behaviors and promoting personal growth.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?
  1. The club room will serve as a hub for chess-related activities and a welcoming space for club members:
  • The club room will be furnished with chess boards, and a collection of chess books and resources for members to utilize.
  • We will hold regular club meetings in the room, providing opportunities for members to play friendly matches, discuss strategies, and learn from each other.
  • The room will be decorated with chess-themed artwork and posters, creating an inspiring and immersive environment for all members.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:

1. To ensure an inclusive and supportive environment, the requirements for future members will be as follows:
  • Open to all students, regardless of their chess skill level, with a focus on promoting diversity and inclusivity within the club.
  • Encourage regular attendance at club meetings to foster a sense of community and continuity.
  • Encourage active participation in club activities and events, such as tournaments and workshops.
  • Promote a respectful and friendly atmosphere where members treat each other with kindness, respect, and good sportsmanship.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, I have decided to deny this application as others have stood out to me more.

I would suggest looking more into using the mechanics on schoolRP for clubs, whilst external tools as long as they are easy to use are welcome, it's much less inclusive to the server.​

If you have any questions, please contact @customable on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread