cho0ii
Rich+
IGN:
Chooi_

DATE:

30/07/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Adding a Whitelisting system to SRP.
When I joined the FRP server I was immediately greeted with the fact I am not actually playing, I was placed in spectator mode and told by using the FRP forums I could whitelist to actually play. I think this would do well in SRP, as it would increase the chances of new players being more aware of the rules, also giving them access to guides, applications, support, and much more. Usually when I new player joins they are completely unaware of the rules, what SRP is, and only received a small briefing of it with the small pop ups placed around where you first spawn. Yes I am aware there is a link to the forums, however not many new players click it, thinking they will be fine without, and immediately going into the server, inexperienced in the rules and how to properly roleplay. By adding this, it encourages the new players to read the rules, do a little research on SRP, and makes materials that everyday players use. The Whitelist would include questions on definitions, information on SRP, questions about rules, and a question about if they have read the rules. When I first joined SRP, I didn't even know how to action, I was very confused, unaware of valuable information such as the rolling system, so upon joining and playing for about 2 weeks, I was already grade-12, and when you see a grade-12 you assume they know the rules, but I didn't, so I was immediately met with a situation involving rolling which could've resulted in my ban. If we had a whitelist system, it would mean I would've been aware of the rules and more, making it more likely I would understand the game.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

- more enjoyable roleplay
- newer players are less likely to failrp
- would improve the overall qaulity of the server
- no new players are put in a situation involving their ban, because they are inexperienced with the rules.

Whitelist format example:

IGN:

Discord:

Have you read the server rules?:

What are 3 jobs you can apply for on SRP?:

What does "FailRP" mean?:

What is "power gaming"?:

What is the rolling system and how does it work?:

Do you understand that upon joining, if you break a rule it could result in a warning or ban?:

Do you have anything to add about your application?:

Lizalopod

Level 130
Massive -1

While yes a whitelist ensures quality, it also restricts new players from joining. Most won't be interested in filling out a whitelist application, leading to a dramatic decrease of new players. I doubt this would help SRP at all. Considering FRP is undergoing discussions to remove the whitelist aswell-

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
FRP has a whitelist and is thinking about removing it due to it turning new players away that find interest in the server but don't want to make an application nad have to wait days -1

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
The main reason players are invested in SchoolRP and our community is generally more prominent than FantasyRP's is because there are no restrictions preventing you from starting to roleplay the moment you log on. That is mainly what invests people into Slice-Of-Life roleplay. Otherwise, most players would look at SchoolRP, see that they need to fill in an application, and think it's some sort of private server that is too complex for them

Although it is true that FantasyRP's community tends to be more responsible due to the fact that their members are more invested from the moment they join the server, I don't think lowering our player base for that would be worth it

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
The main reason players are invested in SchoolRP and our community is generally more prominent than FantasyRP's is because there are no restrictions preventing you from starting to roleplay the moment you log on. That is mainly what invests people into Slice-Of-Life roleplay. Otherwise, most players would look at SchoolRP, see that they need to fill in an application, and think it's some sort of private server that is too complex for them
That's why I joined SRP instead of FRP
so, -1 :(

Cencres

Level 11
new players have a tutorial its their choice to read through it ...if they don't they will face the consequences of failrping

whitelisting could have worked if it was decided upon srps creation, but too many systems would need to be replaced and added...

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
As of recently the FRP community has actually taken a vote to remove said whitelist for a multitude of reasons!

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

While I am personally in support of whitelisted RP servers, SRP would've had to whitelist itself from the beginning to make this work. The community is too far in now for such a dramatic change.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
SRP does not need to have closed gates. The premise of the roleplay is incredibly simple, and that means it's pretty welcoming! It's a great place to learn how to roleplay, and in my opinion, it's perfectly fine if not everyone can roleplay super well right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread