Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
IGN:
Love_In_Space
DATE:
11/08/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Classes closing automatically after a certain amount of time.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will benefit teachers/professors if they forget to close their class and it stops people from joining classes last minute just to get another on their record.

markoos

Level 28
-1 sometimes teachers go over the time to finish a dodgeball game, or to finish a part of their planned put lesson.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If teachers forget, that's their problem. It's just something they should learn to do, it's one simple command that barely takes a few seconds to type. It's also not really necessary, since there (usually) isn't any detriment to students joining late; and let's be honest, a plus one class on somebody's record really doesn't mean that much, especially considering that above a certain amount of classes, your join number means nothing.

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
For classes (at least professors) are encouraged to not close classes. This is because these classes often get 4 to 10 people at most, and rarely ever full, getting the professors to close the classes means less people are able to join. Even if it's towards to end of a class say 5 OOC minutes left, if someone can join and contribute towards to the class and make it more enjoyable that is what matters. If a player is abusing this and joining classes at the very end they should report it to their faction lead. This would also creative problems for field trip, classes that go over 2 periods.

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
I have my classes open for all but the last 5 minutes for this reason, and wouldn't want my class just randomly closing... When I don't want it to

sir meow

Level 38
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
-1, as a teacher your allowed to close your classes but if your a professor than its not encouraged since those classes are mandatory. this also just seems pointless. plus, if its the last mintue why should we care? i dont, personally. just aslong as people get to class

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Teachers should be responsible for their stuff, it's their fault if they forget and so far I haven't had this problem and don't remember anyone else having such. If you HAVE to close your class, you'll recognize that and can do /class close
It isn't that hard!

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Faculty are encouraged to keep classes open to allow players to join throughout the day, this is especially true for College classes which are mandatory in-character​

Users who are viewing this thread