mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Classes | Feedback

Sakuranekos

Level 2
Adacat_2
Adacat_2
3/22/2022
| Idea: Automatic class starting | We have npc and servers but what about some classes start automatic? So if you join as a teacher they can just join the class and be like oh I'm late sorry.
How it will effect | Well for starters there will be more roleplays as classes are already there! and second of all teachers don't really need to be on all the time so that we can to classes! There does not need to be a npc that teaches but I think we need to do the classes so that we have real roleplays even when its just a few people in a server!

Last edited:

Hamburger

Level 189
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
This was a pretty quick decision. First, you should probably use the format. Two, try elaborating on your topic and what you're trying to get at. Also, it might just generally be really hard to make bots to host classes, and I think there are already enough teachers for the job.
Don't expect a class every day! Sometimes there will be no classes! You should respect faculty for the job they already have and don't expect any more!

Sakuranekos

Level 2
Adacat_2
Adacat_2
I don't mean this here to be rude but you understand almost everyday there are no classes?

Hamburger

Level 189
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I don't mean this here to be rude but you understand almost everyday there are no classes?
That's mainly not true, saying as a teacher myself. That's because I look through the discord and stuff and realize that there are actually classes almost everyday when it comes to school days. I think it's mainly based on one's player activity and when they're on, it could be when there's a class or not!

Sakuranekos

Level 2
Adacat_2
Adacat_2
Well when I am on | 30 mins to an hour there are never classes not at 7am not at 5pm not at 7:30pm never.

Hamburger

Level 189
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Well when I am on | 30 mins to an hour there are never classes not at 7am not at 5pm not at 7:30pm never.
There's no 5pm in this server. Also, try being on a little longer and see if there's a class! Just need patience!

GINGYZ

Level 88
MarriedtoEmma
MarriedtoEmma
Notable
I will say this, you can not expect there to always be classes. A lot of teachers still need training, time to plan classes, and etc. A lot of teachers have different time zones. If you are on and there are not classes then sorry to say it but... get over it? There will never be a day where everyone gets to go to classes.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
teachers have life.........I don't understand your suggestion so much as well

justsimba

Level 60
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+

I will admit the server is mostly active during the American time zones of activity, but that's due to the player base mostly being in the American time zones or somewhere close to it. So during those times where American players aren't so active, aka what my friends call "The Asian hour" (they are Asian themselves and we call it this all the time) not too many classes may be held. I noticed in a different message that you said you are normally on for 30 mins to an hour, a school day icly is just over 2 ooc hours (7:30 gates open, 8:30 is when everyone is required to be on school grounds, and hour 15 is when hometime begins) There is also a limitation to how many classes per school day and oocly month (at least last I checked, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) a teacher and/or professor can host a class. So classes are most likely to happen earlier in the month than say more in the middle or late into the month. Not only that but behind each character (minus from the very very very few NPC's the server has, none of which are teachers other than in the tutorial room.) is a person sitting at a screen. That person has more then just video games to worry about, as they have their own personal real life lives that should be/are their top priority between the two, so you cannot expect for there to always be a teacher or professor on at all times.

to summarize/pin point what I said:
-If you aren't within an American time zone (most popular to my notice is EST, which is my time zone) classes are held less often within that time and seem to happen less.
-Ones activity may make it seem like there are either lots of classes, just enough classes, or no/little classes.
-Professors' and teachers' are limited on how many classes they can hold per icly school day and oocly month.
-Professors' and teachers' have a life oocly that comes before video games.

Rebel

Level 53

This feels would be not needed and would remove a lot of the Roleplay and roles from the teacher faction if you are implying they replace some of the teachers with bots, but bots would make no sense as well and would limit of what we can actually do. If most of the teachers were bots teaching there would not be several spots open for around 10 to 20 teachers to teach. Plus as a teacher myself and like others are saying in this suggestion would be not needed and most of the teachers do have a life outside of teaching on the server and time zones do play a part, but my main concern is the bots but not quite sure if that is what you meant as the suggestion itself is quite confusing without the format and not really elaborating on the suggestion further.

DarkEclipic

Level 161
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

Coming from a SRP Teacher that host's classes in the twilight hours of the USA; I will be honest, there are not a lot of faculty in this time zone. But I don't think making a bot will help the roleplay aspect, since most students don't attend classes or attend very few classes when certain teacher/professor are on.

-Making a teaching bot for the server will be pointless for not only the teacher/professor role, but it will not roleplay with you as a normal teacher would. What if you are in, as you stated above, Science and the bot is talking about a subject you know nothing about. Let's say you try to roleplay raising your hand, the bot will ignore you as its only programed to do is teach from XX to XX time. Plus the more NPC's we have in the server, the laggier the server might become. Which is why most things are player-ran than NPC-ran

-Teachers/Professors have lesson plans we make, so that would require of said topic research. I do that along with working a real life job in the same hours I am able to teach. We have lives outside of video games, so not all the time teachers can host class. The weekends on SRP are already speedup faster than weekday classes to make sure there is time for roleplay at school.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I'm just gonna throw this out there, when professors like iPhone and TwerkingJesusRP host classes in the later hours only like 3 people come out of 30, yes this is college but it's very similar to highschool classes as well. Teachers and professors don't have the drive to host a class in the later hours due to the simple fact that barely anyone is going to attend and it'll be a waste of a lesson plus the timezones - either way, half the player base is afk in later hours when it's at the lowest player count.

Hamburger

Level 189
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Still -1 on the updates
Having a class start automatically can disturb what a teacher is already doing, like if they're dealing with a bad student and have to join a class that they're apparently "hosting", therefore that would be AvoidRP. But, that's not the only reason. What if there's a serious situation going on with a student and they have to be rushed to the hospital or something? You never know what will happen. Therefore, it could be a disturbance to property and activity

But that's not all. If this existed, anyway, this would be really hard to figure out, saying as a teacher myself. I know that because I know what's going on in-game and discord when it comes to this. It would be really hard to figure out, so I'm gonna have to drop another -1 on the changes, sorry.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- At the moment there are plenty of Teachers/Professors available during peak times, if you'd like to give it a try, feel free to apply
- As this is a mostly player-ran roleplay server, AI or NPCs that can perform roleplay tasks won't be added.​

Users who are viewing this thread