players online

Denied clemetinee | Librarian Application

clenetine

Level 3
clenetine
clenetine
Omega+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: clemetinee (Main account; clenetine)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): clenetine

How old are you? (Optional): 18!

What is your time zone?: CST

Describe your activity on the server:
On average I play for 6-10 hours a day depending on my plans for the day. If I have a work shift that day(4-8 ½ hrs) I will be online before or after depending on when I am scheduled.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes I do.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

As a Librarian it is important to help Highschool and College students whenever they need it. They keep the library at peace and quiet for the students who are studying and enjoying a nice book. They are the ones you go to when purchasing a library card and checking out a library book. They have the means for disciplinary action when needed. Other tasks they provide are printing papers for teachers, joining classes for collaborations with said teachers and giving reward tokens to the future writers of Karakura. They answer their employees who need help and are available for students with questions.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Before I started SRP, I was on Amino for six whole years! I gained a lot of DetailRP there (or LiteratureRP) and have used that RolePlay knowledge to join this server. I am engaged in DetailRP and SportRp for the swim team, RomanceRP and FamilyRP for my main character alone.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

It would give me something fun to enjoy and have diversity amongst my RolePlaying style. I’d get to interact with more people and have another character to go to. Being a grade-12 and on a sports team is fun, but being a faculty character looks very appealing to me as well! Having another character to play around on during school hours would be a blast for me.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

clenetine apps;
Russian Lang App {Denied}
Russian Lang App redo! {Accepted}
French Lang App {Accepted}
Inactive Apt. App {Accepted}
clemetinee apps;
French Lang App {N/A}

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Aurelie C. DuPont [Grade-12] [HS-Swim] : clenetine
Joan O.M. Laurant [Grade-8] : clemetinee (Account I am applying on)
────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Joan looked at the student with a sympathizing face. Biting the inside of her cheek, she let her shoulders rise and settle after a short sigh. She took a step forward, only a few steps resting in between her and the student. She lifted her chin up and placed her hands in her skirts pockets, the many wonderful things she loved about her outfit. With a soft voice, she began with- “I do not know when or what I did to upset you, but that is never okay.” Pausing, her glossed lips shutting. Giving the student her full attention. “However, please talk to a trusted staff member about what caused your temper, as I will not like to see you with the SLT’s in an office where everyone is yelling.” She looked down. She gave them a nice smile, even if they were still tense. “If you would like to be in a more quiet environment, come to the library and let your emotions rest. We can see if you’d like a book even, just remember to check it back into the library before school lets out.” She let her chin fall, looking at the student with forgiving eyes. Letting them off with a warning. If the student did not comply, she would reach for the detention slip in her skirt’s left pocket and use the red gel pen in her shirt’s pocket.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Joan knew she would not be able to handle the two alone. She called only one other staff member and began to hustle over to the fight. She looked at the two students, making note of which one seemed to be weaker or losing the fight.. She called out “Hey! Stop it right now!” before other faculty showed themselves she would not put her hands on the students. If it was not going anywhere she pulled the stronger one away as best she could. Her eyebrows would crease and her nose scrunched up in frustration at the two. She could scold them both if she wanted to, but without knowing what was happening, her words seemed useless. “Alright, tell me- and don’t mumble it- why you two fought.” Her words are stern and clear. The two knuckle-heads would get the appropriate punishment from how serious the fight was. She would walk with the student(s) to the nurse’s office for any treatment if needed.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Joan looked at her co-worker. Giving them a glare, eyebrows furrowed and body straight. “What are you doing?” She said- in a not so soft voice- “This is a workplace, you cannot be doing that.” She stated, stepping towards the faculty member acting dangerously. She’d ask them to stop what they are doing and bring them somewhere more private. Her questions started to fill the tense air around them “Why were you doing that? What are you gaining? What’s the reason you are doing it?” The questions being answered- depending on the answer- would follow with a warning. But if she caught them again, she would call the SLT for a meeting. She knows how important a job is, but for the safety of everyone else she will not let it be swept under the rug.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
She is quiet, enjoying a book and taking sips of her coffee. She will talk with anyone who says a simple ‘Hello!’ and has no problem answering any questions or doing something with her co-workers. She is happy to help and a quiet person. Her expression is focused, her eyes always have mascara and eyeliner, making her seem more awake. Because everyone has their off-days she is more willing to do something, anything to get herself back into action and help her focus on work. She does her best to not over-print work and organize the shelves of the library. But she always has a coffee in her hand.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me heels itched at the back of her tights. Her fingers twirling a piece of her hair as she looked amongst the library for something to do. Listening at the bell and announcements for the day, her eyes shutting as she smiled. All was quiet in the library and Joan was happy.

/me Looked at the student ahead of her, giving them a welcoming expression. “Welcome to the library, just those today?” She looked at the books the student held. Smiling at the student’s interest in them. “Library card please.” She processed their check-out. Handing their card back after a minute. Giving them a warm smile. “Enjoy your reading and let me know of anything else you need.” Her smooth voice barely broke the silence of the library, giving them a small wave as the student began their book adventure.

/me Began to pick up her purse, sliding it into her elbow as she began the closing process of the library. Looking for any stray books on the shelves and placing them where they rightfully belong. Setting chairs and other strayed objects back where they were in the beginning of the day. Picking up any trash and putting it into the bin. Dusting her hands off she took one last look at the room and pridefully smiled for just a second, before heading home.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Joan Laurant
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.
Preferred Name: Joan

Age (Minimum is 25): 26

Academic Degree: Masters
Major(s): Science of Information
Minors: History and Journalism

Nationality: French
Known Languages:
French, and I will be picking up any other languages needed to help students.

Backstory
Early life
Joan was born on February 18th, into a loving family. Her mother was a strong caring Dutch woman who could cook a great family dinner in a day's worth, and her father an older French History professor at the University she attended. Her mother was surprised to see the positive test, both her parents in their mid-thirties when Joan made her warm and surprising welcome. Her parents whispered with a sleeping baby in their embrace “Joan Odette Marie Laurant.”
The only Laurant child, Joan was a spoiled little girl. Her parents gave her love and attention and endless gifts for being well-behaved. She grew up comfortably, having play dates with her mother and helping her cook any chance she could.
Her toddler years included many running around in her backyard chasing her dog and giggles under a flashlight reading her stories with ‘Mama’. Her father brought many gifts and a variety of knowledge within their home. Throughout her school years Joan passed every class, with exceptional numbers in reading and writing. Her father was always watching her grades, which she found fair. But always helped her in history. When she began year 9 she gained interest in Journalism, writing stories and covering news for her school and as the years went by, she minored in it at University.

Pre-Karakura.
University was a slow time for Joan. She studied like a dog, working hard and making her parents proud. With little friends and unlimited research, her finals in her classes all passed with outstanding marks and she graduated. Getting a job at a local Newspaper developing building. Exploring the world of reporting and gaining more interest in the history of the world. Reading of what was happening because of what we had done in the past sparked a bright light of interest. She picked up History as a Minor, going to her local and school’s library almost daily and just reading and studying. Revolutions and Wars were memorized. Timelines mapped in her head. Her eyes read the words a million times over, entrapped in the past, her final project is still saved on her computer from how proud she is of it.

With the advancement of technology and local News becoming increasingly unpopular, Joan sought out for other jobs. Going to her school's library and applying there. She found it a good time to enjoy her own worlds within the pages and skim through the quiet halls of books. Skimming through books she had already read and enjoying new books, Joan thought hard about where else she would like to work, if she would continue her career somewhere with more potential. She set her sights out, talking with her parents about new places. With her love life going nowhere, and more and more people becoming uninteresting, she found an old town, a frequent family vacation for her; Karakura.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I want to put my knowledge to use and have answers to students' questions. They are the next generation and it is dire to me that they get the knowledge they deserve. And the library, in my days, has answered my questions and given me more information than I ever could ask for. I want to help the new writers blossom into the next authors on our shelves, give teachers a helping hand and enjoy the peace of mind in the books here. What the pages have to offer and the stories to be told.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

I worked as a student in my University’s library after the Newspapers started to run dry. I helped stack, count, and replenish damaged books. I often found myself engrossed in the book at the desk as other students studied. I kept this job until just a little bit ago. Moving here after some goodbyes from my family and enjoying the moderate temperatures here, I would like to get back to where I left off on a job I know how to do. I've had experience with students needing cards and finding their needed knowledge.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I understand what I have to do, and what I can do to help others around me. I have experience in this field and am willing to grow into it. I love to help others, and taking this knowledge and expanding it into something else, I’ve heard the teachers are lovely here and collaborating with them would give me insight to what this town has to offer. The students are what I want to inspire to do great things, what interests they want to grow into. Making the next generation of writers makes me giddy, because someday a student would be in the palm of my hands, telling me their story.

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
In the Lang applications, I changed my IGN if there is any confusion. Also thank you so much for reading!
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread