clenetine
clenetine
Omega+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

clemetinee [Applying]
clenetine [Main account!]

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

I do! clenetine, unless addressed I'm relatively quiet.

List your time-zone and country:

The USA and CST.

Describe your activity:

On a normal day I play for almost 10 hours max, with my work days I play for only around 3 or 4 depending on the time I get out of work and if I’m scheduled the next day.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:

I have no bans

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

Librarian - Roles filled up
What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

I know a lot about news coverage, I have been interested in the role for a while and could use it to do something outside of ICLY school hours and find interesting topics. I have always wanted a Journalism character as I am going into college for Journalism! It will be a nice way to see what topics interest people and expand my talent for it.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

I love writing! I write my own actions and DetailRp because of my Swim-team account. I have written a ton of essays in fifteen minutes and could go on and on about topics for hours.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

I am aware of the rules set and apply to me.

Why should we accept you over others?:

Learning topics that are interesting to others while covering recent events and letting people know what has happened has always interested me. I covered the school news in my Highschool days and was even the president of the class! I would like to expand my knowledge and get news out there again. Even if it’s only correlated to this server.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):

I understand

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

Yes

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:

Working as a reporter is going to events and getting all the details of what led up to this, what happened, and what will be the causes and effects. Going around and asking the community of what they think about a topic, and being welcome to all opinions and letting people know what the importance of these moments are.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:

Joan Odette Marie Laurant

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)

Ms. Joan, Joanie, Joan.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:

Newspaper printer and Librarian at University.

Degree/qualifications:

Masters: Science of Information / Minors: Journalism and History.

Nationality and born location:

French born and raised in Marseille, France

Phone Number:

030-714-8921

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

Ready to work and always nose deep into a book. I enjoy History and covering recent significant topics and writing about them! I have my History final from college still saved on my laptop.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

I am interested in writing about crises and feedback from others. What the KPD is going to do to enforce the safety of the innocent people of Karakura and what the average person goes through in a week of life. Unemployed adults and students who are looking for jobs is something I have always found fascinating.

What are your expectations for the job?:

My expectations are that I can come in and discuss topics with my co-workers. Finding what they are interested in and how it affects Karakura.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

I am a clean sheet.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

French, Japanese

PROMPTS:

Money, the world's way of getting you a roof over your head and food to put in your fridge. Karakura has many viable ways to make sure you have some way to get money. Some get a paycheck, working like a dog to earn for their family and pay off bills. But what about the few who struggle? The few who live with their families wishing to find a new home, and a job that they will enjoy?

The average citizen here in Karakura in ratio from adult to a student at the school is outstanding. The students take up more than half of the population, meaning they occupy more in the job factor than regular adults. With the factor of most of them being in sports and clubs. Clubs- like Club Umbra- have more of a chance for the unemployed, as the age requirement to even attend is 21 and over.

Of course with the exception of EMS and KPD, most adults have a job as a school faculty member and those spots fill quickly. So I do wonder when the next shop will open for hiring and how many adults will be able to earn a living. Paychecks may vary, but it is a way to make money. Popular stores like Tokki-yo have recently added Bodyguards to the front of the store. Making sure no-one is trying to steal. Offering more opportunities and still finding a way to make sure no one is going to get hurt.

More stores will come and grow, and others will move their business elsewhere. Offering an easy walk to work in a town where most do not have a car, no one will be late and everyone will have a fair shot in Karakura. Maybe more volunteering work will occur, just for an easy summer job and getting enough money to still search for other work to do while feeding themselves. Many people living off the allowance they receive cannot be easy, as even the grocery mart can drain your wallet fast.

It’s not just the 11/7 right behind the school, the Auction House has offers so much higher than retail, how can one comfortably live selling item after item just to end up doing it all over again before rent is due? Some came to Karakura with no family, starting up by themself. No one to support them and still wandering the streets and stores looking for something- someone even- to offer them a chance.

[!] A video tape would begin to roll, in the center was a young girl. She sat in a chair that seemed to be engulfing her whole. [!]

Joan; “Alright, please state your name and occupation.”

Mist; “Mist Kamodo Helvete , I am a student and member of the High school swim team!”

Joan; “Alright, nice to meet you Mist–” [!] The sound of a paper being written on and a little hum came from behind the camera. [!] “–What do you do when you are not busy?”

Mist; “Well, normally I am lounging around my apartment or the Swim house watching movies or hanging out with my friends.”
[!] A small uncomfortable shuffling noise was heard. The click of a pen in concentration. It stopped [!]

Joan; “So you're on the Swim Team, what’s that like?”

Mist; “Relatively chaotic... seeing as there is beef with the bobcats and spartans, I always seem to find myself in some drama with somebody.”

Joan; “I see, [!] She’d clear her throat. [!] When did you join the Swim team?”

Mist; “mmm I believe it was about six months ago..”

Joan; “Wow, What is Highschool like for you?”

Mist; “High school life is relatively moderate I suppose. Between drama and attending classes regularly I find it quite easy to manage my work and sports. I know some find it hard but compared to other things school is quite easy.”

Joan; “Last question, when your friends want to go out, where do you recommend?”

Mist; “Seeing as we are in a big group I would normally recommend going ghost hunting in the abandoned train station, or poking around the forest on the lookout for ghosts and other nonsensical ghouls.”

[!] An uncomfortable silence, but a Ghost-Buster logo appeared next to the Mist’s head. [!]

Joan; “Alright, didn’t expect that and I might have to swing by for a whole new interview. Thank you so much for answering these questions. Do you have anything else to say?”

Mist; “Can I cuss in this interview?”

[!] The tape swiftly ended, tiny credits rolling from the bottom and fading into the top. The faint theme of Ghost-Buster’s playing. [!]

[OOC]
Additional Information:
None! thank you so much for reading!​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @Aania if you have any queries about the application

- Next time, try putting in a bit more effort! Your application is short and lackluster

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread