mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

closednot's Professor Application

zodiac

Level 4
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: closednot

How old are you?: I am 15

Do you have any previous bans?: Yes, unfortunately however I have gone on a plan that means any more wrongdoings would result into immediate Unappealable Permanent so expect me to be on best behavior.

What Country are you from?: Belgium

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): zodiac#7993

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Of course, inactivity is not beneficial to anyone and I would understand completely if I was to be demoted due to it.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Normally on the server, I would be playing around 8 hours daily at some points, I can't promise anything but I know that I will be playing for at least 2 hours daily from now on and will make sure that I get playtime in. On the forums I'm somewhat inactive but I'm willing to increase my activity if needed.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Police Application - Denied

http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/closednot-police-application.23349/

Prosthetic Arm Application - Denied

http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/closednots-prosthetic-arm-application.24019/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?: Personally, I want to go through new aspects of RP and a productive one. I think being a Professor is extremely productive and has a positive vibe to it, and I'd enjoy teaching students information that I love to know about myself. Alongside many other things, I have a sort of passion for education and knowledge, knowing things sparks to me and teaching them would be better. I know that being a Professor would help teach me and other people and would be a key role in the SchoolRP community and seeing as there are so few Professors, I would love to take a role in it and help the School.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I do. I am used to Roleplaying and understand how to RP casually. Although I'm used to GangRP, I am adaptable towards other things and have experienced them and therefore I am more than capable of Roleplaying adequately for the role of a Professor.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are reports on your class which explain what you did and what happened in the class/lesson. I’d say it’s mainly important since it keeps the staff and senior teachers updated on the School’s education and how well students are getting on.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

For basics, no one should be having any sort of distractions in class, for example: Mobile phones, toys, and food.

There shouldn’t be any distractions in the class such as talking and just being obnoxious, simply ruining the other kid’s education. Also, prioritise not being distracted yourself, ignore any sort of distractions and keep your focus on the professor.

Be respectful and have manners when speaking (with permission). You shouldn’t take the chance to speak to joke about but rather utilise it to the fullest and make sure that you answer questions appropriately.

Refrain from using any sort of illegitimate methods during tests or questions and depend on your own studies. If found doing this, you’d be removed from the class immediately and sent to detention, where you will do another test paper.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): I have roleplayed before on games like Garry’s Mod and GTA V however they don’t compare to the level of roleplay on SchoolRP. I’ve got a decent level of skill when it comes to roleplay and I am used to casual RP situations.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete? What is a College-Professor's salary?: A College Professor's salary is dependent on the amount of classes they have done, the minimum being 15. For every class after that you gain an additional 50.000 yen

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Gabriel Oliver Brady would be a man in his late 20’s, 29 to be exact. His hair would be brown and curly, falling over his light skinned forehead and peaking to his black pitched eyes. He’d have a stern face with a sharp jawline. His lips would seem large under his thin beard. He’d stand at 5’10 with a slightly average bodybuild. Nothing would really peak his interest but he’d have an extreme passion and determination to get the things that he wants done. Normally he wouldn’t have any sort of disproportional behaviours but when someone in his class would begin to disturb or do anything that he wouldn’t allow, Mr. Brady wouldn’t allow such behaviour and would be quick to withdraw them from the class. He would see massive loads of potential in students and continuously attempt to help them with their studies to become great adults in the future, seeing them as nothing but equal to himself when he was a young teenager himself. Although he’d respect his colleagues, he would still have a few pet peeves and small things he didn’t like about some things that certain teachers would do but would mostly keep it to himself. It never stumbled to Brady what he would want in the future but when asked the question he’d answer that he wanted a cozy home with a small family, living off of their own gains, without any economic system, just free to do what he’d like whenever he wanted.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

In the situation, I would begin by asking them politely to quiet down and leave everyone with the peace that they deserve. If they don’t comply, I’d simply ask them once more with a bit more force, however if the behavior persists and there's nothing I can tell them that will stop them, I’d request their names and if they deny it, I’d simply threaten them with a detention if they don’t answer me. I’d give it to the Dean, requesting permission for a detention or further punishment to make sure that they learn their lesson.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

Firstly, I’d make sure that they are withdrawn from the lesson for a bit before finding time to bring them back in so they don’t miss out on their learning opportunities. If they don’t stop disturbing the class I’d have to send him outside and hand him a detention note, making sure that they come to the detention without any excuses. If they do end up failing to arrive at my detention, the situation would be handed to the Dean and made certain that he’d face another punishment.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would pick up the chalkboard and begin scraping it roughly against the blackboard, writing elegantly the chemical formula for Methane in a quick motion before drawing next to it a small diagram

/me would extend his arm quickly and rashly towards the student, signalling to them to leave the classroom immediately before yelling “I will not tolerate any more of your disruption, withdraw yourself now!”

/me would nod towards the student raising his hand, non verbally signifying to him that he has permission to answer his previous question.

/me would begin to clap his hands for the brilliant performance he’d witness alongside the class, feeling a surge of profoundness for his student causing goosebumps to appear on his arms.

/me would step forwards quietly towards his desk before picking up the beaker and pouring its contents into the conical flask containing a small amount of hydrochloric acid, which would cause a chemical reaction inside the glass, beginning to bubble the mixture before placing a thin plate of magnesium above the Bunsen burner during the reaction to display to the class. Of course he’d be wearing safety equipment to make sure he’d be safe from the chemistry class experiments.

Backstory

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life.
Gabriel would have been raised in a sort of broken home, living without any siblings and his father and mother, two people who were far too incompetent to raise a child. Although he’d be fond of his mother, she knew that she could never give him the life he needs in the countryside. Without education and proper resources, he would have been dependent on scavenging meals and learning from his mother, a novice parent and an even worse teacher. With a basic insight on education, Gab would seem to have neglected the main subjects such as Maths and English but later on in his life when he moved to London, he was able to go to a School and he began to excel in his studies, becoming an exemplary student for everyone else in his school. At the age of 13, he’d been taking GCSE papers for practice and ended up leaving school early at 15 with an almost perfect mark. A’s in every subject but P.E and Maths.

When Gabriel became 17 he finished his A levels in college with a similar score to his GSCE’s and began scouting for Universities to attain his masters. He attended the University of Cambridge for 3 years, obtaining a Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Chemistry being the subject he would be most fond of and had a particular passion for. Before leaving University, he began studying Japanese for plans to go work at multiple Japanese Colleges where he had been offered Chemistry places with a decent pay. His mother and late father were somewhat proud of him but they didn’t have the time or patience to wait for the money and ended up kicking him out of his own house to go and work. For 2 years where he had been perfecting Japanese, he was working on his own in London at a small market and sold various items, barely making it off for his own. When Gabriel was finally accomplished with himself he departed for a Japanese College in Tokyo.

Whilst in Tokyo, the newly “Mr. Brady” was enjoying his job there, but to his demise, he realised that the expenses to live in such a populated city were far too much for him. He started to go to different cities oftenly and found new jobs in Academics, but after 5 years of teaching, he went to a small city in Japan called Karakura, where he applied for becoming a Chemistry teacher.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Gabriel Oliver Brady

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Gab

Preferred Name: Mr. Brady

Religious Denomination: Agnostic

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: English

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5

Working Experience (# of years): 7

Academic Degree: Chemistry, Physic, Maths and Japanese studies.

Year of Graduation: 22 when he graduated from University.

Major(s): Chemistry, Maths.

Minors: Physics and Japanese Studies.

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Preferred Teaching Subject: Chemistry

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): None at the moment

Do you have any questions?: No questions.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
DENIED

- Although your application is actually quite well done, I am going to have to deny you due to your history [RECENTLY]. This doesn't mean you can't apply in the future but I just want to see how well you get with SRP being away from GangRP. If you look like you've gotten better I'd be more than happy to let you become a Professor. Again, amazing application.​

Users who are viewing this thread