mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Coffeeccubus | Student Council Application

Coffeeccubus

Level 18
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: Coffeeccubus
How old are you?: 24
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?: Two expired warns, but I'm clean.
What Country are you from?: California (United States)
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username?): Coffeeccubus#8008
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
Student Council Application (accepted)
French (Valencia) - Accepted
Corsican (Valencia) - Accepted
Arabic (Asfa) - Accepted
Chinese/Mandarin Chinese (Asfa) - Accepted
Russian (Namgyal) - Accepted
Mongolian/Kalmyk Oirat (Namgyal) - Accepted

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I previously used to be very inactive, but recently, I had a spurge in activity, so now I am very active.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Considering I actually resigned before, yes.

Trivia

What is the Student Council?: The Student Council is a representative body of the school that is involved in various of activities that help shape the school for the better for the teachers and students present there. They are sort of like the parliament of the school, and are made up of some of the most responsible and intelligent students. They are well respected, and should always be shown as mature and strongly encourage positivist. They also help make decisions that are otherwise better for the school.

What happens in the School Council?: The Student Council will always meet every single week and discuss things such as current issues in the school, plan events, check the budget, and find out what needs to be fixed. They also discuss about the major concerns of the school and what needs to be changed. Every single week, a decision is made and voted on. If it passes, it happens and the school will do it. Ordinances are usually run by the council and proposed, and everyone can contribute.

Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?: I used to prefer to work alone, but now I had discovered that working in a group is much more preferable. Considering I was on the council at the point, working in a group has taught me that things are better done with other people rather than shying away and not doing things alone. Everyone should strive to work in groups should it require it, as the Student Council is a team effort.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I have plenty of experience in roleplaying! I had roleplayed before most people on the server, since 2004, all starting in a MSN chatroom, and moved on to IRC, then to forums and several other platforms. I am pretty much a veteran in roleplaying. I even got into Dungeons and Dragons, so I obviously enjoy it a bunch, thus making me quite experienced.

Roleplay Scenario

You are on the Student Council and the chairman submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
The most mature thing to do is to overview the awful idea and try to politely propose an idea that would benefit all parties. If it's that bad, then I would give constructive criticism about it, and suggest other lines into the idea, and make it look much better. It's hard to just say "Your idea is REALLY bad" out loud, for it is unprofessional, and is not what a rolemodel does! You need to always give constructive feedback to the work, otherwise, you'll make yourself look bad.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
Sometimes, my ideas aren't the best, and I do admit it. But if everyone absolutely despises it, then I would ask questions on why they do not like it, take everyone's feedback, and try to work together with them to come up with a better idea by pitching in suggestions and feedback. If all else fails, consider their complaints, revise the idea on paper, and keep pushing it until everyone likes it. To get anywhere with your idea, you must be persistent, and never give up.

There is a split decision on an idea. The Councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
Now this one is rather tricky. To prevent an argument, peacefully try to have both sides calm down, and have them both explain what ideas they had, and how they are disputing it, and try to find away with the higher-ups and other Councillors not involved in the argument to come up with an idea that can benefit both parties, and have them come to an agreement and shake hands on it. If they both shake hands, then it is a sign that the argument has been patched up. If all else fails, have the two separated for a while, and calm themselves, and come back on the idea next meeting, take time with both of them to hear their complaints, note it down, and present it to the other members outside of the argument or not taking sides.

In-Character Information

Characters name:
Valencia Pasquier
Characters gender: Female
Characters age: 17
What Student Council position are you applying for?: Councillor
Why do you want this position? :
I feel that with more time on my hands, and the fact that I am not far more active than I was the first time I applied, I think I am ready to once more ready to come back onto the council as a Councillor. I believe that I am ready to face the responsibilities to be on the Student Council. It would be nice to have good ol' Valencia on the council again because, well, positivity and wisdom is what this school needs right now, and a strong, ambitious political leader who is passionate is needed on the council.

With a better understanding of the community, and a better understanding of the school, as well as several teachers (well two) even saying that I should aim for this position, I feel that I am ready to come back to the arms of the Student Council. I feel that it's important for a good responsible Student Council member to have responsibility, a sense of community, and always be honest and acceptable toward other members of this great school that is Karakura.

The Council carries a strong sense of pride, just like how political leaders are in real life. To represent the school, is a high honor, even if one is a Councillor, it means that you had made it to the top, one of the highly respected and talented peoples of the school. There is no denying that even if you are not a Secretary or the Vice President, that you don't hold a sense of power, influence and pride. I would change this school for the better in meetings, and would help contribute to events that would happen regarding the school, and I think this time, I am prepared for the responsibilities that are laid in front of me.

Extra

Any additional information you would like to add to your application?: No, I think I said everything I wanted to say.
Do you have any questions?: I am not sure if I am allowed to apply again for the council if I had resigned from it voluntarily. Am I?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread