Accepted COLLEGE COUNCIL APPLICATION | _T4URUS_

Darkwolf5116

Level 7
OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

T4URUS

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

banned once a very long time ago about a disagreement with staff all is good now

What is your timezone?:

BST- British Summer Time (United Kingdom)

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):

T4URUS#7149 (Discord Identifier no longer a thing!)

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Geezzzz

Korean Application - REJECTED
JSL Application - REJECTED
2nd JSL Application - ACCEPTED
Vietnamese - REJECTED
2nd Vietnamese - REJECTED
3rd Vietnamese- ACCEPTED
Italian Application - ACCEPTED
Korean Application - ACCEPTED
3rd Language Authorization - ACCEPTED
Russian Application - ACCEPTED
Chinese Replacement - ACCEPTED

Describe your activity on the server:

Daily activity. I pretty much tend to play more towards the later hours of the day and occasionally during mid-day hours as well. This means hours at a time as I have my own active family and friend groups to be around, especially towards school

List your accounts and roles on this server:

T4URUS- Col and Hs

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:

I am indeed!

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is the median between faculty and students. Some can think of this as an aid, however, they are tasked with maintaining a standard of discipline, self-control and professionalism. The Student Council helps organize events, monitor the halls, and set an example for other students, This is all to help the faculty so chaos does not break out. Not to mention working events, helping in or even hosting detentions, and making sure fellow college students do their duties and get to class When lessons start to take place, The student council also controls the halls of the school to help students get to where they need to be and too certainly keep them out of trouble

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):

I've considered joining the Councillors since the character I am applying with is one of the most responsible people you would ever come across in the halls of the school, This position would benefit his personality along with the school as well, To add is being one of the councillors brothers I have gained a lot of information about how the council works, Also to add he has been friends with councillors since he came to the school and always took an interest in joining the council, And for this reason I know this is a good fit for me and my character

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):

Yes! This is one of the reasons I want to join, so I can help with events, work with others and get to meet more in the councillors section and make new friends!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

Well, there are the Councillors, overall who protect and serve almost like the police force of the student body representation. To break this down into sections

New Councilors - who are fresh off the boat into the program and are learning the ropes and getting acclimated. Along with the main councillors, these make up the most of the council population and how they would normally function

Training Committee - They pretty much do as their name says and help in training the new councillors. Basically like a coach and those who prep the incoming councillors and turn them into an amazing councillor

VP and President - The lead the councillors and stand as the top leaders of the student government. They are the ones who submit the plans for events lay down the plans for how each will be run and guide their fellow councillors on what to do.

School Faculty - The adults who handle a lot of the heavy work. These are your teachers, professors, chefs, nurses etc. Anyone who makes up the school employee lists that the councillors are meant to help out in times of need and chaos.

Student Leadership Team - The highest branch of the school faction. This is the Vice Dean/Principal and the Dean and Principals.

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

The correct way to go about this is to give verbal warnings. If I were patrolling the school and witnessed two girls verbally harassing each other, I would approach them calmly and respectfully. I would try to de-escalate the situation and encourage them to resolve their conflict peacefully. If necessary, I would issue a detention if they have not resolved the issues. It's important to address such issues promptly and promote a safe and respectful environment for everyone.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

Radio it to my fellow council members, let a faculty know via direct confrontation, or if none of the above is applicable, make a report to SLT. There has to be at least one camera that would have spotted them put it on or take it off after all. Not to mention wearing any form of mask in school is not the best idea, Another way I would go by it is that if a student refuses to take their mask off and runs away after I mention detention, I would inform a teacher or school administrator about the situation. They can take appropriate action and address the issue further. It's important to prioritize the safety and well-being of all students

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?

Approach said councillor. If a councillor is abusing their powers and being mean to a student, it's important to intervene and ensure the student's well-being. I would speak to said counsellor and make them aware of their incident not to mention having accountability is important and I am required to listen to what they did wrong themselves, If that does not work and said councillor does it again, I would report the situation to a trusted teacher or school administrator who can address the issue and provide support to the student. No one should be subjected to mistreatment, and it's crucial to create a safe and respectful environment for everyone.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?

Ask questions after the meeting's conclusion by pulling the speaker to the side for confirmation of what has been said in case there was so much information to take in, another way to solve this is to get pen and paper and write down keywords that will be in use further on. Also If I missed some information during a meeting, I would politely ask for clarification or follow up with the relevant individuals to fill in the gaps. It's important to be proactive in seeking information to ensure a complete understanding of the discussion.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

This depends on the situation:

If I was told to.. stop a fight or argument and ended up having to give detention, I would inform said faculty member that I was doing as I was trained, I would tell them, from my point of view and how we were taught to deal with situations like this

Now if they are correct in judgement/ incident, I am a person of accountability/responsibility like I said. I will apologize to everyone I have affected and allow any punishment given to me. After all, I am in a place of leadership and have to display that at all times wherever that may be, especially when confronted with my own wrong doings.

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

A good event would be a day where faculty can take a break and become a student for a day and see how the students who wanted to be a trial faculty handle the hard task awaiting them, and also at break and dinner time faculty can take part in sport's if they feel up too it against the students alongside them

The Time and Location:
This would be located throughout the different classrooms inside the school, for the sports event we would be using the dodgeball area and the track course to see who Is the fittest staff in the faculty This would all take place on a Friday from the morning to the end of school at 3 pm to give the student's the longest day in the week the best day they can have
The layout:

This would be just like a normal classroom with the HS/Col faculty sitting down and learning from the students this time and seeing what ways they have in teaching said different topics available which would be maths, English, history etc..and to make it even special faculty get to sit at the front of the class.

College Side:
The college side will be more different such as more interesting topics and some fun activities that both students and faculty can take part in and work in a team to complete the activity to help both sides learn what teamwork and communication are all about. to get to know each other well this can be really good for the faculty of the college and students alike

High School Side:
This will be pointing in the same direction for the Col side both students and faculty have a day to get to know each other more and to create a better relationship with them, This can be really good in the way more students would love to go to class due to the fav teacher is teaching and can point the student's in the right direction

Sport's event
This would be towards the end of the day, both college faculty and students vs high school faculty and students come together and to see Will Spartan or Bobcat take the trophy with them, This event is not to just have fun, It is also to bring people closer to each other and have a bit of fun whilst doing it, The school will have 3 sports to choose from, This would be Football, basketball, dodgeball

Personal Information
(in character)

Name:

Saeko
Jökull

Male

Phone number:

(030)-101-3298

How would you describe your personality?:

From what I have been told I am a more.. serious type of person, I have patience/handle most things to a certain point unless it's something major that is very serious to me. When it comes to an argument I rather listen to both sides first to gain an understanding of the event that took place, I am also an active listener, You may see someone talking a whole book to me and I will still be interested, I also like helping people who are in need and cannot function in away most people could.

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
1697724120986.png1697724194276.png1697724501505.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I value professionalism over anything. Though I understand many do as well, I am a believer that being professional is the best step in the right direction for this application, As a councillor, there is a standard to uphold throughout the whole school and to uphold whenever that be needed, And to protect and help out the school faculty as best as I possibly can. I am always looking to improve my skills. I don't want to become a councillor just because it looks fun. I want to be president of the council and even lead as I can possibly can

Why do you want this position?:

I want this position because I want to showcase my leadership and strengthen my judgment abilities. I want this position as a college counsellor because I enjoy helping students navigate through their educational journey, offering guidance, and supporting their personal and academic growth. It's fulfilling to make a positive impact on their lives. Not to mention I want to use this as a pathway where I can show the best version of myself in the long run, And show how I have improved since being in the council

What interests you the most about student council?:

What interests me the most I'd have to say are the connections to faculty and to students. being the Bridge between them both has given me the passion to join this position that needs the responsibility to perform under stress and with ease whilst also working at 100%. Personally, the work environment would be for both students and the school faction, I would be able to give new ideas to the table and create a better space for the fellow school faction and the students inside it

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

By showing the entire school that just skipping classes and playing sports in lesson time is not the right way to go. Also by helping enforce the rules and work harder to bring about a better community between staff and students. This means well-planned and thought-out events, better communication between both parties of staff and students and overall leadership that proves college is not just a come-and-sit-in class, but an experience in which students have a sense of belonging inside the school and could be inspired to join the councillors program

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the College Council! Please ping me in #help in the KA discord for your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread