mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

College entrance exams

Zaropz

Level 8
What's your Minecraft Username?: Athenuss
What's the title of your suggestion?: College entrance exams

What's your suggestion?:
To enter college, you have to apply through the forums. I heard that the college entrance was like this before.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Since not everyone who plays SRP is in the same time zone, it could be better for everyone and another plus is that to enter college it won't include crashing the whole server and exams to be postponed

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
There's an IC exam, it defeats the purpose on having it if we allow applications.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
They had it like that at one point I believe, and was removed… for a reason of course.

Barbie_

Level 26
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
They will not implement back applications, they said that they're re-working the system of exams however

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
And... What is the reason?
I don’t believe I was even playing SRP at the time, but it might be due to troll applications and with that comes it much more easy to get into college if we had another application system. With college being easier to get into in that matter, a lot more trouble would happen around, mainly because your average college student has no empathy for some people. I want to keep college a hard enough thing to get into because they know more about lore and school subjects, applications don’t seem necessary.

CakeRPiscool

Level 53
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1 I used to apply for college I liked the applications but I just wasn’t good at applications and I don’t want them to come back. Ic exams are honestly better they just need a fix to the crashing.

Zaropz

Level 8
I don’t believe I was even playing SRP at the time, but it might be due to troll applications and with that comes it much more easy to get into college if we had another application system. With college being easier to get into in that matter, a lot more trouble would happen around, mainly because your average college student has no empathy for some people. I want to keep college a hard enough thing to get into because they know more about lore and school subjects, applications don’t seem necessary.
I didn't play at that time too, however my offer would include 2 phases- forum application and then ic test which the one who got accepted decide when it happens. The test is individual alone and maybe staff could disable commands which may help the one making the test cheat

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
I understand that, however the exam from yesterday got cancelled because of the amount of people on the server at the same time
No, it was due to the exam plug-in breaking; exams can be returned to the manual sense of being simply in a book but remember that implementing these exams will result in them only occurring bi-manually. Take this from someone who both wrote exam questions and corrected them, the new plug-in is much easier for both SLT and players. Patience is virtue, and thus wait until they fix the exam plug-in

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- We are favouring a path of roleplay over applications, alongside releasing a new iteration of the exams which should hopefully improve performance. More will be announced soon.​

Users who are viewing this thread