mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

college suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cencres

Level 11
Not only spartan captains, it can also be literally anyone who has any kind of interest on reviving the college faction. It can be anything fun and inclusive, something that will give everyone a chance to prove their RP is good enough.
As Mike said, sororities and fraternities are not something Japanese schools do, so I feel that bringing back the sorofrat — taking into consideration what's been said, is not what college needs anymore. It is true that we need more activity, though... What are we, college students doing to change that? I'd suggest making some kind of server/group in discord where everyone can join and give away their very own ideas! Of course, without excluding. That's what we need.
Rush weeks give everyone a chance to prove themselves. The frat & sorority are inclusive in terms of events and the area in general, while still having a perk attached to it that gives people motivation to be apart of the commuinity

Already went over the realism thing. So many things aren't catering to realism in this server. RP should not be limited because of realism. College roleplay is incredibly limited right now
I'd suggest making some kind of server/group in discord where everyone can join and give away their very own ideas! Of course, without excluding. That's what we need.
1667449453580.png 0 excluding
The reality is that spartan students themselves have seriously done everything they can. Maybe no frat or sorority will be added, maybe they will. There needs to be a big change. You've (in terms of all college students) have been handed everything to make a difference, that's why it's not about that.

I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself in this thread, so that's ultimately what my opinion is

Cencres

Level 11
And again, what are we doing to change that? It's not the Captain's fault for sure, but the lack of activity from literally everyone in college.
I don't want there to be any drama in this thread so that it's not closed early, my suggestion is not supposed to be about the spartan inactivity. It's suggestions unrelated to make it better. Not for a debate to ensue about whos to blame

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
As you stated, I'm not intending to stir up drama either. Literally just came back after quitting SRP for half a year and for the time I've been back around, I truly have noticed the inactivity of college students... It really isn't fun to just run around the map, talk to someone, barely interact and say goodbye. We need more than that and the time is now.

flowersak

Level 121
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
A lot with people being or not being included comes down to the person though. If they want to get involved they need to step up and roleplay. And the same goes otherwise, allow people to join in on your roleplay as long as they aren't being disruptive. Give everyone a chance.

It's easy to say this when you were part of the group that benefitted and excluded other people. How were they meant to get involved when events were hosted and held by the owners and their friends and barely anyone was let in the loop? When you create an unwelcoming atmosphere, people don't want to get involved in that.

Though it's not like this has stopped with the sorofrat being gone. Just a month or so ago there was a situation with an entire gang breaking into the college football house holding weapons to us (They had the IC reasoning).

I didn't bring up the football team. I don't care about what happens with team houses because this suggestion is about the SOROFRAT and I mentioned how, at the time, it was a target for gangrp. Gangs didn't like the members of the sorofrat so they did it, but we were always being searched and had KPD there because of it. So, it would just happen again.

If there's OOC drama deal with it via talking to & removing the people causing drama if necessary. Literally just remove the problem & if stuff like that keeps happening, address it. Don't just leave it be until its overwhelming.

Once again, easy to make solutions when you're part of the problem. I made my post on this suggestion with a fair ground. I didn't mention specifically what happened or who was involved but since people don't want to admit. I'll say it. People have heard about the toxicity, passive aggression, bullying, harassment, tormenting and overall powerhungry behaviour from you and your friends when the Sorofrat was around. How do you remove the people who run it? Even if SLT did run it now, they can't monitor everything and people are AWARE of how toxic the sorofrat got before, and they are aware of how it can be now.

You could say staff can't monitor everything that goes on on SRP at all times, so the server should shut down. Have people who have the time to pay attention & run the place in charge.

Comparing these two things is really not the move you thought it was. The server, the WHOLE server isn't going to get shut down since we can't monitor everything. The Sorofrat is a BUILDING, something that everyone else seems fine without. Apart from the group who ran it. It was toxic, end of.

I wanted to make my posts on here be unbiased and not full of opinion and moreso facts. But seeing all of you denying the problem you all caused is sad. You guys literally let me in because I was friends with a couple of you when I attended Rush week. How did I get into the Sorofrat because I missed half of that rush week, I sat at a table and baited people out, that was it. I didn't even detailrp. Then, when we all had an issue, wasn't it all of you who made my experience SO BAD, I left the Sorofrat AND changed characters so you guys would leave me alone? It's not just about the fact these things happen everywhere on the server. It's the fact that when allowed into such a WANTED space, where everyone wanted to be, we wanted to actually BE there, but we were essentially chased out by OOC issues and didn't even get the chance to properly experience it. When we wanted to hang there, some of us had to stand AFK to avoid anything happening when all we wanted to do was enjoy the space we had worked to get into. You guys even called Saeko 'Sak' which just made it clear that you weren't just doing everything for IC motive. The house was a shitshow and was awful for anyone in there apart from your friend group and it seems, mainly, it's your group who wants it back.

Even when you guys made it completely hard to get involved, we were still threatened with being removed if we didn't take part. So, we had to stand there while your group did everything and just watch so we didn't get kicked out of the sorofrat even though it wasn't possible for us to get involved anyway. Yes, let SLT lead it but everyone knows what happened in there, people don't want to be a part of that again. SLT can't watch everything, as I said. They can't force people to not hang with their group of friends and they can't force you to include others, so it'll just be the same boat. We can say not to let the same group of friends lead it this time around but it's not going to pick up with the history the building had with it anyways. Let it die, it was toxic then and probably will be this time around.

but holy crap the group was awful and people got bullied for simply breathing different or disagreeing and none of that group myself included can defend themselves on that,
Says enough, really. Sorofrat reputation and fun was ruined, let it stay gone.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
you don't need a building to make roleplay more fun, you can go on any place of the map and call it your characters hang out spot and do that there. If I were a team captain again hell I'd take over the family store and hang out there with my team daily and call it our hangout spot. A building will not change your roleplay experience, it's you, your character and the people you're roleplaying with that will. Who cares if bobcat took over bowling alley, to me it's still a normal bowling place and not a "bobcat one"

damn, why did i type this

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
you don't need a building to make roleplay more fun, you can go on any place of the map and call it your characters hang out spot and do that there. If I were a team captain again hell I'd take over the family store and hang out there with my team daily and call it our hangout spot. A building will not change your roleplay experience, it's you, your character and the people you're roleplaying with that will. Who cares if bobcat took over bowling alley, to me it's still a normal bowling place and not a "bobcat one"

damn, why did i type this
Can't agree more

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Reviewed
- We have no plans of bringing back the fraternity and sorority.
- The exam plugin is near to completion, we will work on adding more questions you can answer by in game experience such as lore questions rather than questions that require OOC knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread