College testing: Adding more days / times

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN:
GemiLightning
DATE:
2 / 11 / 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest that we get more testing days for the college exams, or atleast different times on the same day for them.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I get the whole point of the exam system, and honestly I find it quite fun and engaging. But, in my opinion anyways, one of its main flaws is that there's only one opportunity for it every 3 months, most of the time on Saturday. I think that by having the exams on more than one day (Saturdays and Sundays for example) it will give a chance for people who couldn't make it on one if the days to simply come on the other, and have it be fairer!

Hirathex

Level 254
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1
I think some variation of this would be amazing, since I know the college exams are often at very bad times for my friends in other timezones.

deborah

Level 17
mcdonaldsbacon
mcdonaldsbacon
Notable+
IGN:
GemiLightning
DATE:
2 / 11 / 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest that we get more testing days for the college exams, or atleast different times on the same day for them.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I get the whole point of the exam system, and honestly I find it quite fun and engaging. But, in my opinion anyways, one of its main flaws is that there's only one opportunity for it every 3 months, most of the time on Saturday. I think that by having the exams on more than one day (Saturdays and Sundays for example) it will give a chance for people who couldn't make it on one if the days to simply come on the other, and have it be fairer!
+1 W suggestion

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I've met a lot of people that couldn't do exams because their parents made them leave the house that day, or they were sleeping, I believe this will make it fairer. You shouldn't have to wait 3 months for something because you were grocery shopping.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
yeah.
I'm lowkey sick of the whole "well, if you wanted it you would've been there!" type argument. it's such a ridiculous perspective.
People deserve the opportunity to actually do it, not cut them entirely out without the opportunity of even taking the test at all.
College should not be limited to people who happened to have the time to attend a test and pass, it is incredibly unfair and I do not want to watch my friends, who are extremely excited and want to work to get in, but are unable due to a unfortunate time selected for the test, one in which renders them incapable of attending to no fault of their own.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1
yeah.
I'm lowkey sick of the whole "well, if you wanted it you would've been there!" type argument. it's such a ridiculous perspective.
People deserve the opportunity to actually do it, not cut them entirely out without the opportunity of even taking the test at all.
College should not be limited to people who happened to have the time to attend a test and pass, it is incredibly unfair and I do not want to watch my friends, who are extremely excited and want to work to get in, but are unable due to a unfortunate time selected for the test, one in which renders them incapable of attending to no fault of their own.
I know right?

I miss most srp events because they're usually Saturdays, the one day I can't be on consistently. It's very frustrating to miss the tests because you just weren't capable of being there, and then just having to wait for another 3 months.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1
I think SRP staff forget that, just like them, we all have a life outside of SRP/Discord, and their responses being only "you have to wait until next exams happens" is really annoying. I would add to this suggestion: be more flexible with exams as there are many people that either have to work, go to school, visit parents. This is by no means hostile, but pointing out two of the biggest flaws I've seen of exams being a thing. It's not fair that many other people get no chances to take the test and trust me, no one will go to their bosses and say "hey I need the next Saturday free because I got to take an exam for a RP server". It would be nice if exams were done at least three days in different timezones so more people would get a chance to take the exam.

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
+1

Someone out here probably gonna use the same argument as events can only be happened on certain times or something
but
this isn't an event. its an exam that only people interested in college can apply for. or even those in college interested to go up to masters
its already bad enough that most people from asian timezones and some more struggle to attend events because they're always hosted at ungodly hours of the night- therefore having to skip or stay up. But even the exams tend to happen at 4 am at my time GMT+8, and the only way for me to even progress to college is to either stay up or hope that I don't oversleep if I do decide to take a 'nap'
even if its for the exams, please have more hours or days. give more chances to those that want to progress with their characters up to college

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback.

- As great as this sounds, we get over 150-200 players enter the exam, each exam needing to be marked by hand; this takes us at least 5 hours to do each time. After this next exam we'll work on creating a plugin/system to allow multiple choice examination questions to be automatically marked which will in turn enable us to host exams more often.​

Users who are viewing this thread