mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Condensing tab tags

ThyPyroNinja

Level 2
IGN: ThyPyroNinja
DATE: 3-12-2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
What if instead of having it "[13][Grade-7]John Smith" it was "[13][G-7]John Smith" or instead of the [College] Tag it was just [Col].
This would help with actually seeing peoples names on tab because some people have a long enough name that it goes off into the one next to them, especially people with sports tags. I'm not sure exactly if it would be wanted to reduce the size of sports teams tag but one could be for "[Volleyball-team]" it could be "[Vol-team]" , "[Volleyball]" , "[Volley]" so on.
Either way if he teams get reduced or not, I still feel like there would be no downside to changing the "[Grade-(7 to 12)]" tag to "[G-(7 to 12)]" and the "[College]" tag to '[Col]"​

qbigail

Level 77
I dislike this simply because I think the tags work just fine as they are. As well as this, your perception of new tags isn’t really aesthetically pleasing to look at and makes it hard to decipher.

ThyPyroNinja

Level 2
G-7 isn't that hard to decipher imo... expecially in the context of tab. It could be for other though so I understand your concern. And the issue isn't that they work fine, they do. Its just that with all the tags and the names of people almost every single one overlaps and its impossible to read. Finally it depends how you view things, for me its aesthetically pleasing to be able to read names when pressing tab.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

The tags have already been condensed in Early January of this year. They used to be much longer than they are now. (ex: [Officer] used to be [Police-Officer] or [Librarian] used to be [School-Librarian]). I think they should remain as they are now as they're already very simple and I don't think any more condensing is needed.

Plus, if your suggestion was to be applied, a lot of the tags wouldn't just make any sense. Let's say [Basketball-Team] was condensed to... [Basket-Team]....? Doesn't really make sense. Same with Baseball; [Baseball-Team] --> [Base-Team]..? Again, doesn't make sense. And I'm not only talking about teams here. Any tag on the server really. What about Officer? [Officer] --> [Off]? It simply just doesn't work that well.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

what @qbigail and @jeemay said

I dislike this simply because I think the tags work just fine as they are. As well as this, your perception of new tags isn’t really aesthetically pleasing to look at and makes it hard to decipher.

The tags have already been condensed in Early January of this year. They used to be much longer than they are now. (ex: [Officer] used to be [Police-Officer] or [Librarian] used to be [School-Librarian]). I think they should remain as they are now as they're already very simple and I don't think any more condensing is needed.

Plus, if your suggestion was to be applied, a lot of the tags wouldn't just make any sense. Let's say [Basketball-Team] was condensed to... [Basket-Team]....? Doesn't really make sense. Same with Baseball; [Baseball-Team] --> [Base-Team]..? Again, doesn't make sense. And I'm not only talking about teams here. Any tag on the server really. What about Officer? [Officer] --> [Off]? It simply just doesn't work that well.

Laur

Level 39

Just change your GUI settings if you cannot see names all that well, I’m sure you can find a way to find out long names with sports tags.

ThyPyroNinja

Level 2
Thank you for the suggestion babwy, I did check it out, and for me gui 1 is too small, 2 is big enough to read but half still goes off the edge and inventory + hot bar is too small and with other peoples resolution on the smallest setting most of them still overlap. Jeemay, you only talked about the thing I said didn't need to be added, then added onto it yourself. condensing the team tags was not the main point as stated at the beginning of this thread. I still dont see how no one else see's this as an issue but this will be the end of the thread since no one else agrees...

Attachments

• veryreadable.png
    veryreadable.png
    200 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread