lady_.23

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
PST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge that if I’m inactive I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am really active on the server, playing from around 3 hours a day to upwards of 6 hours. I spend a lot of that time roleplaying with my friends or meeting new people. I also spend some time on my alt account, where I have an animal whitelist to get more interaction. While I roleplay most of that time, I also spend time lurking on the server while waiting for something to happen. My schedule is pretty free, where I am able to play more if I put my mind to it.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:

Language Applications [All Accepted]:
(They're on different forum accounts. The original account I was logged out of and never reset the password. The second one I was logged out of and currently trying to reset the password.)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
On my main account, the primary profile is College Masters, and my secondary is Grade 12 for now.
On my alt account, the primary profile is a frog whitelist, and my secondary is empty right now but will have a Grade 12 character.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Physical Education.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is that I want to be able to have the chance to expand my roleplay experiences on SRP. Joining the school faction, specifically as a teacher could allow me to do so. If I were to be accepted, I would be able to interact more with other players in a new way. Giving me new opportunities to connect with other people in the same faction, as well as the students I could be teaching.

Since starting on SRP, I was restricted to certain types of roleplay due to the people I hang out with. I finally want to branch out and be able to experience the server in a new light. The teacher faction has started to seem more appealing to me the more I join classes. I've observed how some of the teachers teach, and now feel I might be able to try to make things more interesting for players who attend classes on the regular. Or leave newer players wanting to come back over again for more roleplay experiences.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand that if I am accepted I may have to undergo training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are a way to make sure that teachers are reaching their monthly quota. It keeps track of any classes the teacher holds within the month, allowing paychecks to be correctly calculated. Logs also help to show which teachers are active within the faction, showing whether they deserve a promotion or demotion.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Always treat everyone else with the respect you want in return. This includes the teacher and your classmates. Failure to do so will result in punishment, how severe depends on the situation.

Raise your hand if you have questions or something to add to the discussion. Classes can and will become loud, this is just to ensure I can get around to helping anyone who needs it.

Phones are not allowed. While we are inside the class your phones are to be silent/off and out away. If we find ourselves with free time, you’ll be allowed to use your phones once again.

If/When we leave the classroom as a group, you are to stay close the entire time. We don’t want anyone getting separated and ending up hurt and/or lost.

Lastly, no food or drinks if we are within the classroom. If we are outside I don’t mind as long as you clean up any mess you may make.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for a few years now. It started on small servers my friends and I would stumble across. Over time, we stumbled across SRP. Though this was back in roughly 2017-2018. I hadn’t stayed longer than a week at a time, not really sure of how to go about properly being active on the server.

I kept up this pattern for awhile, every couple months my friends and I would log onto SRP for about a week and then go back to whatever we had been doing beforehand. Seeing as I kept coming back already, mid 2022 I decided to try to get more into the scene of SRP. I created my first proper character and the rest has been history.

I made a lot of friends through SRP, being able to properly roleplay for the first time in a while. We were focused on doing more lore related roleplay, developing our characters every chance we got. This is what has taken up my time on the server over the last year.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description:

The HD is given to a teacher who has shown over time that they are responsible. They’re someone who has exceeded expectations and has taken their job seriously. They help to train the new teachers, and help them to improve over time. Making sure no issues arise and that their fellow teachers are following the rules set in place.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:

Qualified Teachers are the teachers who have the most experience. They’ve been around for some time, and have shown that they understand the rules and know how to properly teach and handle students.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:

NQTs are teachers who have shown that they can handle hosting classes on their own. They’ve proved that they are willing to take the role as a teacher seriously and continue to improve their teaching.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:

They are the newly accepted teachers who have just joined the school faculty. They have to undergo training by the more experienced teachers. They are watched more closely to see if they’d continue to be a good fit as a teacher.

Teacher Knowledge
Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

[Teachers In-Game]
Teachers on SRP are here to provide roleplay to the students of the server. They’re what make SchoolRP SchoolRP. They host classes, give students activities, and help keep them safe. As well as making sure students are keeping themselves out of trouble during school hours. The salary they earn is based on the number of classes they host each month, as well as how experienced they are. Base pay for UQTs is ¥350,000 for a minimum of 10 classes. Base pay for QTs completing a minimum of 10 classes is ¥400,000. After they complete the minimum of 10 classes, teachers who continue to host more classes can earn an extra ¥50,000 per class, up to a maximum of ¥500,000 per month.

[Teachers Out-Of-Game]
Teacher’s Out-Of-Game are there to give students a safe and comfortable learning environment. Each teacher is different, so teaching styles and lessons will vary quite often. Taking into account the different groups of students, and how each student has different needs. Getting into higher years of education, teachers tend to focus on just one subject rather than all of them. In my area, teachers on average can make around $3,643 monthly, which adds up to around $43,726 annually.

[Methods of Teaching]
Teaching methods will differ from teacher to teacher, and what subject/age group they teach. A lot of teachers like to do hands-on activities. Giving the students projects of sorts, or fun activities in class that make it feel like a game. While other teachers prefer a more, straightforward method. Using worksheets and doing things straight out of textbooks.

[Free Time]
While many people, both ICly and OOCly, may think teachers don’t do much outside of school, they do in fact have their own lives. Though planning future classes and grading assignments does take up a lot of free time, teachers still will work towards a social life outside of their work. Most if not all have families they spend time with. Others will spend their free time making memories in other ways, whether it be traveling or just trying out a new restaurant around town.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server for one main reason. They’re the ones who help bring the school aspect to life on the server. The school is what the server is centered around. Teachers help to give a more genuine school experience within the server, ranging from hosting classes, to taking disciplinary actions when needed. Some even go the full length and form close bonds with students who may need a parental figure in their lives. The teachers help enhance what the server is about, making the ScoolRP well, more like school!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW: Must have, should have, could have, would have.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

[Looks/personality]
Elisa was a French woman who stood at 5’9. Her hair was dyed a light shade of purple, it seemed to compliment her brown eyes nicely. She had a light tan that covered her skin, it was clear she liked to spend a lot of time outside. Elisa almost always had a smile on her face, seemingly always excited to be wherever she was, doing whatever it was she was doing. Elisa always did her best to try to help anyone who needed it. Though we all have our days. An off day for Elisa may include her being less energetic, smiling less and not speaking unless she needed to. Elisa always seemed to bounce back after these days though, she wouldn’t let one simple bad day ruin her week!

[Outlook on Students/Teachers]
Elisa tries to always see the best in her peers and her students. She keeps an open mind when it comes to meeting everyone. She wants people to be able to trust her, she wants to be welcoming. In the past she’s formed close bonds with co-workers and students alike, and she wants to do so again in Karakura. She’ll always offer her hands to those who need help. Elisa wants to form an almost family-like atmosphere. She wants her students to know they’ll have someone to turn to, especially if they don’t outside of school.

[Future Plans]
Elisa has dreamed of a future where she could finally travel the world, maybe with a loved one or with friends she’s made over the years. Otherwise admittedly, Elisa doesn’t quite know what else she wants to do in the future. She’s always lived life as it comes and goes. All she wants is to be able to make a difference in the lives of her students. Hoping to make friends in the faculty along the way.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Coming across a group of students in the hall, Elisa would find they’re swearing a bit too much within their conversation. She would observe for a moment to figure out what was happening. Though she quickly would intervene, asking the students to not swear so much on school grounds. Should they continue, Elisa would hand them a detention slip after another warning or two.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If Elisa found her students not listening, she’d first try to simply clap loudly, perhaps in a fun beat to get their attention back. If this doesn’t work, Elisa would raise her voice slightly, not enough to seem upset, but enough to get the students to listen again.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Elisa would be friendly with any other faculty she found in the lounge. Over a cup of coffee, or maybe even a small breakfast, she would make small talk. Getting to know the people she works with is important to her! Elisa may also be found planning future classes during breaks in the lounge.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
waited for the students to settle into their seats. Once everyone was calm she offered a warm smile to the students! “Hello everyone and welcome in! Today we can either head to the basketball courts, or the volleyball courts. Let’s vote!” She waited a moment for people to decide what they wanted before continuing, “Alright! Raise your hands if you want volleyball!”

/me watched her students as they battled it out on the dodgeball court. Smiling at their banter amongst themselves. She turned her head when her name was called out. “How can I help dear, is everything okay?”

/me had a playful smile across her face as her students filed into the room after lunch. “Welcome everyone! I hope you all had a good lunch, I have something fun planned for this period!” She waited briefly for the whispers to fade out before she continued. “Alright! Everyone up and follow me out the doors! We’re heading to the roof to start a game of hide and seek!”

/me had directed the students to head to the track for this class period. Once everyone had gathered around by the track she began to speak. “Students! This period will be a bit more laid back and chill than the rest have been. Your options! Run around the track for however long you may want, try out the long jump if you so please, or just hang out around this general area!” She looked around at the students for a moment before continuing. “I just ask everyone to at least do some warm ups with me. So let’s begin! Start stretching!”

Backstory
It was a clear day in Nice, France. On leap day of 1996, Elisa was born to the Soyer family. The family had a quaint home, having enough room for the couple and their newborn. The mother, Celine Soyer was a preschool teacher, and the father, Damian Soyer, was a university professor. For the first year of Elisa’s life, she was taken care of primarily by her mother and the family’s nanny. However, once Celine’s maternity leave time ended, she was left in full care of the nanny, Clementine Mercier.

Despite the time spent away from their child, the Soyers continued to dote on their child, showing her unconditional love. They fostered her education as early as they could, playing educational music or reading her stories for her to go to bed. As she grew, this continued. She was taught to read and write when she was able to speak, and soon enough she was enrolled in preschool.

It was clear that the young Elisa was ahead of her peers due to the diligence of her parents. She mostly kept to herself, reading books to keep herself occupied if there was not a lesson going on. A few months into her first year of preschool, she was put into a gifted program to continue to foster her education at a faster rate. Without hesitation, Damian accepted the offer from the school.

For years, Elisa grew up with peers of her level or higher. This only caused her to strive to be better. She kept diligently studying, hoping to follow in her parent's footsteps to teach. This only continued as she grew up, however there was a slight change. In secondary school, she got into a friend group that was much more outdoorsy than she was used to. This would have made her nervous if she were younger, but she was older and already far ahead in her studies. Elisa continued to pester her parents to enroll her in sports, and after months of this, they relented. In her second year, she was in sports all year round.

The added athleticism had her change her mind about her career. Rather than teaching a specific subject indoors, she found her calling. She sought to get others physically active. Being a former introvert who preferred to keep to her studies and books, she knew how to reach that population of the school. While still in school, she introduced more of her peers into athletics as she did, and surprised many of the coaches with her actions.

When it was time for graduation, Elisa had put out many applications in hopes to be accepted to at least one big name one. She had many offers, but followed her heart and attended the University of Paris. She made a complete switch, returning to focus solely on her studies. She began on her journey to complete her degree in Physical Education. In the midst of this, she chose to double major in Nutrition, as well as complete a minor in Biology, where she accomplished her bachelor's degree. There was not much that was notable during these years.

Following the completion of her degree, she applied for a few different schools in hopes of getting the position. She was unsuccessful for the first year, so she took a few part time jobs around her home to make up for that. It was a year later, however, where she got her first position. The first place she had applied to had a new opening. She started her first day in the place it all started; her secondary school. Working there was wonderful, as she had already known a majority of the teachers. She also continued to live with her parents, following their wishes. For 5 years she remained there until she wished for something different. She had been learning more about Japanese culture and decided to apply for a few schools with open positions. One such school being Karakura High School.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Elisa Soyer

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Elisa

Preferred Name:
N/A

Age (Minimum is 25):

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
French

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Bachelors

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Physical Education
Nutrition

Minors:
Biology

Native Languages:
French

Other Languages:
Icelandic, JSL, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

N/A​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread