mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Cookie2quests Librarian Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?
:
Cookie2quests (other accounts; Cookieofquests, Cookielobo)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Cookieofquests

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
Pacific standard time (PST)

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm extremely active on weekends, mostly during the night on weekdays. I'm often on SRP for long chunks of time, though; I play a little less during the active OOC school year.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge that if I'm inactive I'll be demoted from my position.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I am applying for the role of the Librarian.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The role of the Librarian is to keep the peace and quiet within the library. They are an adult for students to consult when locating books or gaining a library card. It's the librarian's job just as any other faculty to take disciplinary action when necessary, and to maintain the library as a safe study or reading space for every student. They have a thorough understanding of their profession and stand as an able helper within the library. The librarian may also perform tasks for other teachers, such as collaborating in their class or printing papers for them. They keep track of of books and their return dates, making sure books are in when they are due. The librarians hand out reward tokens to students who have submitted their own writings, which go through the head of department, who checks the book before allowing it to be public to other students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I started roleplaying on small minecraft servers back in 2020, when me and my first close online friends worked on a towny server and built up a lore for our town and it's characters. Then moving on to another modded private server with the same group to explore the lore of the world more as a group and having fun RPing for the first time. In the beginning of summer 2022 I encountered SRP, I have engaged in CrimeRP, GangRP and other forms of RP! I learned the ropes of SRP at a rapid pace and started CriminalRP 2 months after I began playing. I used to do little mini RP events with close friends in our little group, such as killing off a 'well known' character or someone that is relatively popular. Our small group of friends started a gang that ended just as fast as It'd started, then I moved on to another gang called 'Raijin' in another friend group, leading to me joining Adobansu and participating in only a little P2l before it disbanded, joining more gangs in the future though I never stuck with any for very long and eventually founding my own. I tend to make quite a few characters with different personalities, traits and difficulties. Now more than ever I wish I'd been applying for factions like School Employee and KPD because I'd have gained more experience in those fields as well!

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I'd love to expand my experience in RP as school faculty. I've observed the faculty members on SRP, most of which I find very fun to interact with! The faculty can be full of personality and memorable. I'd appreciate being able to be another memorable figure and offer those enjoyable RP experiences with students and faculty alike. Previously I had little interest in being a member of faculty, but now I'm ready to broaden my roleplay experience and try something new.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

[ACCEPTED]
[ACCEPTED]
[ACCEPTED]
[ACCEPTED]
[DENIED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
IGN: Cookieofquests- College bachelors- Chiyo Dmitriev Drakos
IGN: Cookielobo- Grade-10- Tabitha Holiday
IGN: Cookie2quests- Grade 8

────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?
:
She remains collected and smiles at the student, offering one warning, remarking that the use of curses and disrespect towards faculty is against the rules. She begins to reason with the student, brows furrowed in a worried expression. The student continuing their harmful language receives a detention slip from her. If the student persists, Eulalie will threaten to bring SLT into the mix. With a sigh she makes good on the threat, calling SLT for further punishment.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Eulalie approaches the fighting group, immediately scanning the crowd and calling in other faculty as 'backup'. She places herself between the opposing sides, sternly reminding the students that fighting is explicitly against the school rules. All parties involved physically in the altercation receive a detention slip from her almost immediately. She questions the fighters and surrounding students for the full story, writing up a report and letting the spectators go off on their way. She then walked any injured students, most likely the fighters, to the nurse's office.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Eulalie approaches the employee and gently tugs them aside into a more secluded area. Inquiring with a collected, compassionate tone why they are acting in such a way. Eulalie ensures they're ok, having a calm conversation with them. When the conversation starts to conclude she begins to lecture them. Noting to the school employee that they are a role model and not only could this get them in serious trouble, but set a bad example that could be detrimental to the students. She informs them in an increasingly serious tone that if she sees them doing this again she'll have to take further measures. Such as involving SLT and other teachers. Letting them know up-front that they are an adult and need to act like the good role model they signed up to be. She pats them on the shoulder, walking off, going their separate ways for the time being.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Eulalie leans into a chair, relaxing and conversing lightheartedly with the other staff, starting some harmless banter. She reads her book, quietly eating lunch. She opens her phone, texting her son to ask how he's doing and confirm he's ok. After she's done with her food, she brings out a few new books, scanning the pages of each one, reading.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Eulalie sat with one elbow on the desk, resting her chin in her open hand. Her other arm folded in front of her on the table, head perking up at the sight of a student. She smiled warmly, "You wanted to check out a book? Oh! Of course-" Then retrieving the book from the student's hand and looking up their account, checking it out for them before handing it back. "Have a lovely day hun, be sure to bring that back."

/me Head perked up at the sound of yelling, striding over to the group of students. "Pardon me but you need to keep it down, this is a library." Smiling, she spoke with a casual tone, but turned her head towards them for another moment as if to remind them that she was serious before retreating back to her desk.

/me Tapped the rim of the coffee cup, waiting for something to do. As the student approached her she took a sip before responding. "You're returning these?" Checked the books back in, "Have a good day!" She stood, making her way to the shelves to tentatively place the book back where it belonged.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only)
:
Eulalie Bonneville
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Preferred Name:
Eulalie
Age (Minimum is 25):

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's degree
Major(s):
English, Liberal arts
Minors:
Communications

Nationality:
French-American
Known Languages:
Japanese, English and French

Backstory

Eulalie Bonneville was born into a strict catholic family as the youngest child. She spent most of her time trailing after her older brother, Dorian. In early life she found solace from her parents' quarrels and unusually strict tendencies by reading. While her parents barged through her lockless door, with an expectancy of mischief. She'd be reading, of course. Eula strayed from the deeper parts of her brother's life, in fact she was very separate from her family altogether. Spare for family dinners. When Eula graduated highschool she moved to America with her boyfriend, Sebastien.

Eula went to college in California, chasing the dream of becoming an author. She set off on early work in freelance journalism during her time in college, spending the bulk of her energy as a young adult studying and running around chasing news story after news story. This ended rather abruptly at only 21, the surprise came on her birthday when she found out she was expecting, not only that, she was expecting twins. Sebastien and Eulalie immediately rushed back to France to get married, letting the news be known after their wedding. Soon thereafter, her twins were born, and Eula graduates! Eulalie only took a year off of work before entrusting her childrens' care to her neighbor, who became his full-time nanny. Newly graduated she spent her time doing odd-jobs until finally a school accepted her application.

She began working at the local highschool as their librarian, making fast friends with the more soft-spoken students and offering them solace in the library. Starting as just the librarian, she found that much of her time was off, since the library closed early. So she became a part-time teacher's aide for the art teacher, dutifully cleaning paint brushes and organizing colored pencils on the regular. Her co-workers described her as a 'busybody', unable to stop working for long periods of time. She always needed a job to do, picking up the slack for her fledgeling family. Sebastien was almost never home, doing what? she didn't know. Whatever it was, it didn't make them much money.

Sebastien was just barely short of an alcoholic, and more than an avid smoker. She knew he wasn't healthy, but she wasn't going to stop him. He, like everyone else, was very detached from her. Still even then, it was a shock to her, when the hospital called and disclosed grimly that he'd had a stroke. He passed away before she got to the hospital, leaving her widowed at 29 years old. She became less of a busybody, less curious seeming, less inclinded to continue writing her always-half-finished book. Moving herself and her kids back to France for a year to live with her parents before returning to her home in America, continuing her work. She healed slowly, but surely. Around 35 years old, she received word that her brother's family was living in Karakura. She began studying Japanese at home and at work in her free time, finding a place to rent in the city. Two years later, she'd rented an apartment and was ready to move out and set off to Karakura with her twins. Who were now 16. .

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Karakura is a new environment, to say the least. I've seen problematic students, loud, quiet, nosy, kind. The lot of it. Despite this I truly beleive that there are some hidden gems in this school, people to learn about, guide and assist through challenges. I've seen students change for the better, I've been honored to be part of that process. I know I can help, and I know that this is a place where I can flourish. I want to see students succeed, talk with them, heck- Even talk with my coworkers, maybe help them out too? I miss my old job, which though has it's own tedious, menial tasks sometimes, is where I firmly beleive I belong. I hope I can find that sense of belonging here, back in the library!

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Yes, I took up the position of a the Librarian at our local public highschool very close to where I lived! The kids that came into the library, if any at all, were very sweet to me. Usually the reticent type who would come in to check out multiple books at a time. It was pretty often the louder type didn't bring the books back, or come back to the library at all, but the familiar faces always turned them in... Even if they were past due. During my free time, I discovered that the art teacher, a close friend of mine, had room for a Teacher's Aide. Since I had quite a lot of free time I took up the position, spending half my time in the art room cleaning and organizing and the other half in the library helping out students.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I have experience with this job and field of work, and I'm good at it! I want to help students grow, I'm motivated to make the school a better place. To be fun for the students, reliable. A familiar face that staff and students alike can lean on, I beleive wholeheartedly I can help the students thrive, keep the library safe and sound and help KHS be the incredible learning environment it's made out to be.

────────────
Extra

Additional notes about your application
:
I still need to apply for the french language on this account! The account I'm currently applying with (Cookie2quests) Is 8th grade at the time of writing this, however; It may change since I'll be active on it, so the role/grade might not be accurate later on during the reviewing of this application, have fun reading, mods! <3

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Users who are viewing this thread