mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Cqitliin's Geography Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cqitliin

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): My IGN is Cqitliin.
Previous bans: I have not had any previous bans.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the role play documents?: Yes, I understand that.

Describe your activity on the server: I am fairly active on this roleplay server, I love coming online as this is my favorite school server to roleplay on.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No, I do not have TeamSpeak3, but will be willing to get it.

Do you have a microphone? Yes, I do have a microphone.

List your current and past applications: My past application was to become a police officer, and that application was accepted.

What is your motivation for applying?: My motivation for applying is just for the fun of it. I get to teach students about my favorite subject in school when I was younger. It's a great opportunity to share some information about Geography to others.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes, I have read both of these megathreads.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? If I wanted to start a school field trip I must send a letter to the principal's office about the field trip, at least one fortnight before the actual trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
* Students will speak when spoken to.
* Students must remain seated unless told otherwise.
* Disruption during a lesson will result in a warning.
* Unfinished class work will be completed as homework.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
During my time RPing, I have learned that being a teacher is hard work. A teacher must act mature and be a role model to their students. They must be able to set a good example for all their students and be on their best behavior. Teachers must teach their students to the very best of their ability and always be there to help a student or another teacher in need.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top: 1. Trainee (Trainee)
2. Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
3. Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
4. Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? One thing I would change about the Teacher group is the way they teach. I would change that because some students may not understand what they are teaching, and when they receive homework e.g. an essay, they wouldn't know what to do which results in them failing.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. My knowledge about teachers in-game and out-of-game is that they're both here to teach. They're both here to provide information to the youth so they can understand more about that subject and gain more knowledge. Teachers take a lot of their time to plan lessons for their students to help them expand their vocabulary. Teachers can earn up to $86 000 a year in Australia. In a teacher's spare time they mostly create/mark work for the children's benefit.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because it wouldn't be a 'SchoolRP' without them. Teachers are not only making this server more fun to play on but they also teach us.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee- A trainee is a teacher in training. They observe teachers during class and help out.
Newly Qualified Teacher- These teachers are able to host classes as long as they have received permission from the HD.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills- These teachers can host classes without any issues.
Head of Department- HD must make sure others are following the COC, they are in-charge of a certain department.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The lesson planning system the school works on is the 'must have, should have, could have.'

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Caitlin is a brunette with healthy tan skin. She has brown-hazel-ish eyes and a cute button-like nose. Caitlin is a friendly, educated person with lots to teach others. She loves being around kids and has a few special skills, such as playing different sports and playing many different musical instruments. Caitlin loves interacting and communicating with other people, as it makes her feel happy. She is easy to talk to and very outgoing. Caitlin loves to meet new people and especially loves making new friends. She is funny, kind and very loving. She has a great aspect of the world and is eager to find out more of the secrets the earth holds. Her plan for the future is to land a great teaching job surrounded by many kids to teach and many friends. She wants to settle down in a nice, cozy house with her best friend, as that to her sounds like a dream come true.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would give them a warning, and ask them to calmly stop. If they do not follow these rules, I would find someone of higher authority to deal with them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would tell them all to be quiet so I can speak. If they do not listen, I would think of a suitable punishment for them to carry out.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Caitlin would be calm, drinking nice hot tea. She is often loud, but when around food or drinks you'd most likely find her eating or drinking away.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me glances across the room, eyeing those messing around until they stop.
/me sets up her paperwork in a neat pile, waiting for students to settle down.
/me types up some classwork for students to complete when class begins.
/me draws up a clear diagram of what students shall complete for homework.
/me moves distracted students away from disruptive friends/classmates.

BACKSTORY

Caitlin was always the loud one, the one getting in trouble, the one making noise when not meant to. She was always the 'bad girl'. Caitlin wasn't always like this, it started when her parents got divorced. It made her not care about, well, anything. She wasn't getting good grades in school, failing almost every class except for well, geography. She had a passion for it, it helped get her mind off things. Geography was her favorite subject. When she heard arguing almost every day, she read books about geography, it was never easy for her. When her parents re-married she was overjoyed. Her grades turned around, she was finally happy with herself, proud of herself. Caitlin was then known as the 'geek'. Almost everyday people asked her what happened, but she didn't care, she liked her new self. After college, she graduated with a master's degree in Geography. She went from job to job until she found a job that she found interesting. She then decided to move to Japan so she could teach geography there. She moved into a small house as she had money from her past jobs. Whilst Caitlin was strolling around her area, she saw a local school with positions available. Her eyes lit with excitement, she thought she had finally found the school and job of her dreams.

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Caitlin Rose Dawson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Caitlin
Preferred Name: Caitlin / Miss Caitlin / Miss Rose

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Australian/Spanish
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Master's Degree

Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Geography, History, Science
Minors: P.E, Music
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Geography.

Additional notes about your application (if any): I would be glad to meet many people, and teach many students what I know about Geography. :*)

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have been accepted to be a teacher
Notes:
"What is your motivation for applying?"
it may sound stupid but it is very stressful to teach lessons.
"You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?", you have to make a Field Trip Application on the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread