CraftyKanna

Level 0

Out-Of-Character
IGN:

(Main Account) CraftyKanna, (Alt Account) SleepyKanna

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:
Sleepy Kanna#3037

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
Im Pacific Time, 9:47PM on July 26 of 2020. My country I live in is the United States.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
Yes I have a microphone and a working headset, I'm able to use discord as well as other communication applications.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes I understand bad behavior will not be acceptable out of character and could jeopardize the reputation of the Lore Team itself.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
A few things could obstruct my progress into becoming an upcoming Lore Team member. One is which many writers have in common, Writer's block. Writer's block does get in my way as sometimes I do feel unmotivated to write on a daily basis. During my free times I do love writing and write as a hobby so this isn't too much of an issue. Another issue that could come into play is real life commitments. I have taken upon myself to do in the following few months I will be going to College as well, having a part time job to pay for some of the restricted items I need in order to do my classes. Other than these scenarios I will be fully committed to the Lore Team as well being a bigger part of the SchoolRP Community as a whole. I will be efficient in any tasks that's given to me, Finishing each one according to the time span. This also means attending every meeting and Event needed for the server. Writing has always been a passion and I will fulfill my duty as a creative writer having a chance to enter your team.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
I would say I'm different from other applicants because of dedication to writing and different writing styles. Writing was a big part of my life when I was younger and it has changed a part of me to be inspired as a writer and author. During high school in the years I was there I was the highest marked student in my class. I wrote many short stories that amused my teacher as well caught the eyes of many of my student peers. Recently going into College in a few months I will be taking writing and creative writing class to continue my hobby as a writer. With any prompt topic that's given I definitely would compliment myself on being able to write a story for that category, Writing has never been a challenge or stressors for me, it's been something for me to escape to. When writing I can do both brainstorming ideas as well thinking on the spot. Personally I rather make a brainstorming web or list before performing a story on paper. My work must be persistent and perfected before given out to the public.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I'm passionate about writing because of how much creativity you can add to a story. Creating a story by either a thought or topic gives you so much potential for where a story could lead. My favorite thing about writing is to develop the characters who will bring your story to life. It can get further into detail presenting a backstory for each known character who appears in your story you write. This brings many readers more connected to the character you created. The background and setting of a story is the main part of how these characters fit into play. Each scenario gives you a type of suspense as a reader of what will happen next to that character. Writing for me like I said earlier is a place for me to escape, Writing to me has been a safe haven to keep myself sane from the world around us. Writing has given me a home with unbelievable scenes and characters that I have created.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I have written many short stories in classes and outside of school as a hobby as stated earlier. I've had about 7 years of writing experience during my life to be fully accepted into becoming a Lore Team member. I'm also confident in my skills as a writer due to the support I've had from past friends and family. Writing was one expertise that I picked up on quite quickly and developed as a hobby. Since the Quarantine has started I've written a few poems over the months about my feelings in certain situations that I have been through. This is one way I can feel at peace with myself is by writing. Having to use my experience on a larger scale like the SchoolRP Lore Team would be an honor.

What is lore to you?:
Lore to me is something a story that pieces everything today. It's the glue that holds the aspect of the other family pieces together. It's something that every story needs to fulfill the backstory and character’s end goal to be completed. Lore adds flavor to the plot and setting. When having an adequate Lore it brings the reader curious of what to happen next in a tale. Simple Lore and background are a great importance of even a short story when written. It can evolve a character's journey throughout their world carrying out their duties as a protagonist or antagonist. Without having a lore it bores the readers without having spice to a story that isn't fully committed and developed.

WRITING PROMPTS
Write a 200-400 word story for a day in the world of Karakura

There would be a voice in the distance, my body seemed to draw closer to the noise as I tried to resist the strong force bringing me closer. Presented in front of me seemed like a blue figure of a girl, her hair was covering her face and before she could speak my alarm clock would pierce throughout my room as I would sit up rubbing my eyes before slamming my hand down to the button beside me. My heart would race as I was in a panic, My thoughts raced through my mind as to what that dream could even mean. I sighed heavily as I would begin my normal routine.

No one knew me really, I was just the girl who sat alone in the background. One would say the nerdy girl who did all her homework on time.

I would begin to brush my hair leaving it down as usual, My teeth would be brushed as well, rubbing my tired sleepy eyes once more before grabbing my backpack and heading to my kitchen. I would make a few toast slices before rushing outside as the clock would strike 8:22AM.

Heading off to school I would walk past this beautiful public garden in Karakura. The Akihito Public Zen Garden, It was such a famous attraction and many people found peace inside of it.
Everyday I would walk past this enchanting garden but today something felt different, I would look at the path ahead of me towards the school gate then to the entrance of the garden. I would find myself walking towards the entrance as I slip inside. Around me the birds would be singing a lovely song in their chirps as I noticed a small pond walking up the pavement. The pond was a bright blue color in a hidden part of the garden. I dropped my bag resting on my knees. I would find myself praying at the pond as well to the sky above.
The water would glow as I finished off my prayers as I fell back shocked at the sight of me. It was the same girl that I saw in my dream
“W-Who are you?!”

My voice was startled by her as she simply just giggled to the sight of me. She looked like a lost spirit in all the old tales people never believed. Her legs disappeared in her dress as she floated above the water then began to stare right at me. This time I could see her eyes, they looked through me as she would continue to stare up and down my body. She pulled over a small lily pad and sat as if she was now praying to me.
“My Apologies Miss If I startled you, you're Etaki Yuto? My only friend.”

I was confused by what she was saying but eventually calmed down listening to her words. She wasn't a lost spirit yet a water spirit. She told me her tale and how she ended up here. Many centuries ago two cheerleaders from Karakura took her here and drowned her. She has been stuck here ever since.. But she didn't want revenge all she wanted was a friend.. And my dream has connected her to me, and now she sees me as her only friend to speak with as no one else could see her. From then on after school I would visit the lonely spirit who would call herself “Mizu”. She would tell me many tales of her old life and how many people Just like me came here to pray for their love ones or lost ones that are now in heaven.

#2 Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?

There's a common place on the beach that has seek my attention for the longest time, It's the lighthouse. Many people know of its existence but hasn't shown much interest in it. This place has brought many tragedies to many memories of the citizens of Karakura. To the beautiful sunny days sitting on top of the lighthouse looking out towards the beautiful waves splashing against the sand. Then to the darker days where the rain would pour heavily against the building as the waves would hit against rocks surrounded by the lighthouse. The weather becomes so terrible, unable to avoid the tragic deaths of nearby travelers on their ship now sinking into the bottoms of the depths.

This location has been custom to many students who have been love struck by what they think a man is in Karakura. And as for me this is a place where you can close your eyes peacefully resting against the safety bars as the wind would go through your hair. The lighthouse is a quiet place full of screams unheard from the ocean waves coming in closer to the shore.

This place is special to me because one day I would hope for my character to be proposed here. Somewhere where it's quiet and private for my lover to confess their love to my character. A place where it can be seen but not touched by anyone else. In our moment we would be happy as well shine a happier light against the lighthouse and its hidden secrets below the ocean floor.

Thank you for your time to read my application!~

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
Denied
- As a team we've came to the conclusion to deny your application. Your first prompt brought up an interesting concept though.​

Users who are viewing this thread