Create a better car refund system.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 28th March 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Recently, a shift has been made to automobiles, as you are aware, cars are now unavailable to be traded/sold to another player & are being removed from every player inventory with no reasonable refund method.

This is fine and dandy, it's a little upsetting that it took so long, and that this is generally bad for the player base - but you want to cover your backs legally with Mojang and that itself is good for us in the long-term, what's not good, and what I & many others do not think is just is the lack of a rational compensation plan for the players who have currently have traded cars.

The current solution (if you could even call it one) is, if you have a car that was sold to you, you have to DM the person who you bought it from and ask for compensation, they are not forced to give you any type of compensation whatsoever.

Not even mentioning the fact that, the player is not obligated to refund you -- Nearly every Car gets sold multiple times, the car for all any player knows it has been sold 11 times. So it is in no way that refunder could get a refund from the person they themselves bought it to, it becomes a web of refunds. Of course, this is a silly system, a system that obviously wasn't meant to work. So far, everybody has lost out, and nobody is happy except for the players who suddenly get a car back that they already sold.

In my personal scenario, I used to make car-selling my bread and butter, it made me my millions - I'd buy a car, sell it, buy another and keep that going. Before I closed shop I had 8 cars in stock that were sitting in my inventory, I kept these as non-liquid cash incase I ever ran out of money, I was not expecting that there would be no reasonable way of refunding that money.

A lot of players who are in the same boat as me, or owned as little as 1 or 2 cars were also very reasonably upset by this. Their hard-earned yen being thrown away by a seemingly not well thought out & hastily rollout. I hope you (the staff team) can emphasise with the players, and see that this is clearly an issue that needs a solution, doesn't have to be my solution, but just a VIABLE solution.

What's my solution?

Make the current owner of the car the owner going forward and set a minimum date (say 30 days) for the original owner (donation purchasee) to ask for it back. If the original owner asks for it back, there will be a mandated amount (set by the staff team, say 3 million yen) for any cars for how much the original owner would have to pay to receive their car ownership back and by the end of the set date - all cars will belong to whoever owns them, fair and square with no car selling being allowed in the future. Anything past that 30 day period would be what is happening now, and all would be well.

Why have I come up with that solution?

1) The original owner already got their payday and going in, knew that they would lose their car
2) Currently, any person who has bought a car second hand is losing their car with no reasonable means of refund, despite the fact they paid usually over a million yen to get them.
2.1) A million+ is a lot of work in the SRP economy, you'd have to have 100+ hours of playtime to even get that amount via the basic system. Us, the People deserve to get their refund.
3) Does not require any money being spawned into the game.
4) Pleases literally everybody
5) Is a pretty tame solution.
6) You cover your legal bases with EULA.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Refer above.

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1 I really like this idea as its more fair for us multiple car owners, we put in alot of time & effort into getting multiple vehicles and its not only unfair for us, its demotivating and just annoying. When I learnt about this update I was so demotivated to even roleplay properly because I knew that 25% of the time I put in this server would now be for nothing. Whats more annoying is that some vehicles that I own are trophies for me, given by other players trusting me with their items that I wont sell those vehicles & use them until I stop playing SRP entirely.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+1+1+1+1+1

Please. I don't wanna lose my tiny car OR the bobcat truck; they quit the server and its all I have left from them. Please don't take my tiny car from me

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
-1. Yes it sounds lovely and all but I don’t see it being fair in the slightest. To have to change your server rules to fit Mojang’s ToS is no one’s fault. And receiving cars that originated from your account back does not make anyone have to forcefully pay compensation. This is something no one, not even staff could see coming and they did their best to correct the mistake that was made in allowing players to sell cars. In the end, players were the ones actively buying cars with OOC money and selling them for ic money. They should reap the consequences of breaking Mojang’s ToS. I myself will be losing several vehicles, as well as other friends I know. I can sympathize however with those who quit and wish to give their vehicles away. I suggest something moving forward where you can transfer vehicles, however you cannot earn any money from it. Just like the rules of custom copies.

That said there are several flaws with the suggestion in general. Players quit, most can’t ask for compensation. It’s overall extremely messy and cannot be handled in an organized manner.

Regardless this likely won’t get accepted for other replies above.

DylanDeNewb

Level 33
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
sounds like a whole load of pain to make something work in a plugin that already causes indescribable pain

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
-1. Yes it sounds lovely and all but I don’t see it being fair in the slightest. To have to change your server rules to fit Mojang’s ToS is no one’s fault. And receiving cars that originated from your account back does not make anyone have to forcefully pay compensation. This is something no one, not even staff could see coming and they did their best to correct the mistake that was made in allowing players to sell cars. In the end, players were the ones actively buying cars with OOC money and selling them for ic money. They should reap the consequences of breaking Mojang’s ToS. I myself will be losing several vehicles, as well as other friends I know. I can sympathize however with those who quit and wish to give their vehicles away. I suggest something moving forward where you can transfer vehicles, however you cannot earn any money from it. Just like the rules of custom copies.

That said there are several flaws with the suggestion in general. Players quit, most can’t ask for compensation. It’s overall extremely messy and cannot be handled in an organized manner.

Regardless this likely won’t get accepted for other replies above.
Please, suggest a better solution

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Please, suggest a better solution
I did in my reply, though it doesn’t directly offer a solution for compensation on players losing cars, I mentioned from now on disallowing players to sell their cars, however they have the ability to give them away if they choose just like normal custom items

BonBons

Level 30
+1 !!! Players who bought cars icly for millions of yen shouldn’t just have it taken away with no refund or money back. The idea u put Is so good.

Besides that Maybe have the screenshot evidence of how much you bought the car for and then u could have the money transferred back into your account, rather than just having your car taken away.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I did in my reply, though it doesn’t directly offer a solution for compensation on players losing cars, I mentioned from now on disallowing players to sell their cars, however they have the ability to give them away if they choose just like normal custom items
Well yeah, that's great and all and I agree but the post is talking about a solution to the problem at hand

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Well yeah, that's great and all and I agree but the post is talking about a solution to the problem at hand
Yeah I totally get that believe me, however it can’t really be compensated for. It’s simply an issue that needed fixing and there’s not much anyone can do. Forcing players to pay back for cars is not fair in the slightest as no one realistically saw this coming and it’s no one’s fault. Yet offering players to be able to request for their vehicle back from someone who has bought it from them is very messy because you would run into several problems of the car owner not being able to get in contact with the person that owns their car and vise versa.

Spawning in money to pay back everyone who gets a car taken from them is DEFINITELY not a solution and will crash the economy If millions of yen is spawned in for the 100+ cars getting moved around. It’s best if all car owners who spent their OOC money to purchase cars have their cars binded to their accounts. As Dylan said above it’s a headache and a half to move cars around the way players have been doing for years. It’s unfortunately not possible to fully compensate players for something that could not have been predicted as you’d have to track down everyone who has a car that doesn’t belong to their account (the way I see returning cars to their owners works by despawning all the cars and giving players with their transaction ID their cars. Don’t quote me on that tho)

I honestly don’t see any feasible solution though, I apologize

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Yeah I totally get that believe me, however it can’t really be compensated for. It’s simply an issue that needed fixing and there’s not much anyone can do. Forcing players to pay back for cars is not fair in the slightest as no one realistically saw this coming and it’s no one’s fault. Yet offering players to be able to request for their vehicle back from someone who has bought it from them is very messy because you would run into several problems of the car owner not being able to get in contact with the person that owns their car and vise versa.

Spawning in money to pay back everyone who gets a car taken from them is DEFINITELY not a solution and will crash the economy If millions of yen is spawned in for the 100+ cars getting moved around. It’s best if all car owners who spent their OOC money to purchase cars have their cars binded to their accounts. As Dylan said above it’s a headache and a half to move cars around the way players have been doing for years. It’s unfortunately not possible to fully compensate players for something that could not have been predicted as you’d have to track down everyone who has a car that doesn’t belong to their account (the way I see returning cars to their owners works by despawning all the cars and giving players with their transaction ID their cars. Don’t quote me on that tho)

I honestly don’t see any feasible solution though, I apologize
My solution doesn't require spawning in money..? My solution listed above is that all cars belong to the current owner that last purchased them In-game, and that they could be purchased by the original donation purchasee within a limited time (like 30 days) for a mandated amount (that is the same for ALL vehicles) and if the original donation purchasee doesn't wish to buy back their car, than going forward cars would be locked to the current item holders at the end of that limited time period.

The refund system is the ability for the current holders to be given a chance to hold onto their cars, and if not be refunded by the original purchasee via refer above mandated amount within a certain time frame before the car plugin is locked in.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
sounds like a whole load of pain to make something work in a plugin that already causes indescribable pain
I totally understand it, but I gotta +1
Due to the reason I got a wheelchair SO LONG TIME AGO, the former owner of the wheelchair wasnt on SRP for above a year and I paid kinda alot for this item, it is unfair. . .

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral/-1

At first I was going to give this a +1. Seems fair, however after looking at what Infi has stated, I'm leaning more to -1.

Users who are viewing this thread