mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Criminal Hotspot Suggestion | Junkyard

Yuji

Level 3
IGN: YVJ1

DATE: 22/11/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Karakura Scrapyard/Junkyard; A criminal hotspot.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
In SRP, there aren't many criminal hotspots, and all the current hotspots are hardly used and are heavily inactive due to how boring they are now. For example; Powerplant used to thrive with activeness, and it left a mark behind for the GangRP community, although now hardly any GangRPer uses it and they take to very public areas such as the streets to ComatRP or Majorly Assault people. I feel, adding a new criminal hotspot into SRP would bring life back to the GangRP community, as well as keeping it away from very public areas such as the streets, apartments and the sewers. I think adding a junkyard into SRP would fit the theme of eerie and threatening for a criminal hotspot, as well as fitting the theme for the city and all the scrapped parts of buildings, cars and cargo crates. This location would tuck away somewhere as most scrapyards in real life do, usually placed far from the public to keep the scenery and overall look of the rest of the city standard and prime. Alongside the theme, a junkyard would not only be a great place for CrimeRP/GangRP, but CasualRP and especially the KSR Community too: players could roleplay out them scrapping things such as tools or cars, as well as they could RP out a family member or friend getting lost and finding them in the junkyard or something of such, or they could RP salvaging out parts for cars. Junkyards are also very normal to have in Japanese cities as they do a lot of construction and are pretty overpopulated and many broken cars need to be disposed. To sum this all up, I feel adding a junkyard to be a new criminal hotspot into SRP would motivate many people and events for CrimeRP/GangRP situations, bringing more enjoyment into SRP in certain areas that have struggled lately.

REFERENCES:
A large piece of land full of junk or scrap, commonly used for dumping out-of-use cars. Work buildings or warehouses are also seen in these locations.
1669147096094.png1669147115790.png1669147281491.png1669147213834.png

EDIT:
I've seen people reply to this thread about there not being much room to do this, but I know a place that could inhabit the junkyard - behind powerplant, the path by the Furukawa Estate; there is a big open space beside and behind Powerplant, enough for an extension for a junkyard (seen below)
I feel this is a good place for the junkyard as it revolves around a similar theme and style to the Powerplant, if this area is too small, I think it would be very possible to shift the mountain a little back.
1669661653768.png1669661763997.png

Last edited:

Rczer

Level 0
IGN: YVJ1

DATE: 22/11/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Karakura Scrapyard/Junkyard; A criminal hotspot.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
In SRP, there aren't many criminal hotspots, and all the current hotspots are hardly used and are heavily inactive due to how boring they are now. For example; Powerplant used to thrive with activeness, and it left a mark behind for the GangRP community, although now hardly any GangRPer uses it and they take to very public areas such as the streets to ComatRP or Majorly Assault people. I feel, adding a new criminal hotspot into SRP would bring life back to the GangRP community, as well as keeping it away from very public areas such as the streets, apartments and the sewers. I think adding a junkyard into SRP would fit the theme of eerie and threatening for a criminal hotspot, as well as fitting the theme for the city and all the scrapped parts of buildings, cars and cargo crates. This location would tuck away somewhere as most scrapyards in real life do, usually placed far from the public to keep the scenery and overall look of the rest of the city standard and prime. Alongside the theme, a junkyard would not only be a great place for CrimeRP/GangRP, but CasualRP and especially the KSR Community too: players could roleplay out them scrapping things such as tools or cars, as well as they could RP out a family member or friend getting lost and finding them in the junkyard or something of such, or they could RP salvaging out parts for cars. Junkyards are also very normal to have in Japanese cities as they do a lot of construction and are pretty overpopulated and many broken cars need to be disposed. To sum this all up, I feel adding a junkyard to be a new criminal hotspot into SRP would motivate many people and events for CrimeRP/GangRP situations, bringing more enjoyment into SRP in certain areas that have struggled lately.

REFERENCES:
A large piece of land full of junk or scrap, commonly used for dumping out-of-use cars. Work buildings or warehouses are also seen in these locations.
View attachment 38252View attachment 38253View attachment 38256View attachment 38254
+1 would be cool

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL
There are plans on shifting most GangRP activities to the undergrounds (aka sewers), and make them criminal hotspots that aren't so "public" per se

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I personally don't care about crime so whether or not this gets implemented doesn't matter to me, but I would like to mention that even if you get a new area, you'll get bored of it eventually. Sure, it could be popular for some period of time, but just like the powerplant it will eventually fall into obscurity. If you want the powerplant to be more active, give people a reason for it to be. Unless the GangRP community learns to be persistently creative in how they use their designated areas, they're all just going to die out since people lose interest. At the end of the day, it's not the location that makes roleplay interesting, it's how the people utilize it.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

I'd rather everything, as Yonio said, be in the sewers as it's already been planned. I think the sewers as an undercity would be so cool and fitting for gangrp. Hell, I don't even like powerplant all that much.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Neutral
The idea is really cool! The issue I see with it is that people may treat it as another powerplant, where they won't roleplay out any scenarios you have explained. When people get automatic perms, they tend to use them, even if they don't have the best IC motive. However, if it isnt another criminal hotspot, the junkyard sounds like a very fun roleplaying spot, and the car community idea is very interesting! A spot for them to roleplay either scrapping cars or modifying their own brings more attention to that aspect of roleplay.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
Maybe instead of it beign a new location in the map, some company could buy out the remains of the powerplant property and turn it into the junkyard

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Certified GangRP builder here, also neutral. Negative in the respect that there isn’t room on the map for something like this unless it’s built over the current powerplant which I could see happening with some world edit magic. I like the idea however. As yonio said we’re all going to turn into sewer rats it’s only a matter of time before the government drives us underground (run)

Jtth_

Level 6
Jtth_
Jtth_
Notable
+1
It would be nice if mostly delinquent crimes happened there that involve mostly blunt weapons. Kinda like tokyo revengers. I could type a lot more but like yuji covered me and its honesty a really good suggestion.
I like

valenqv

Level 8
+1

i feel like this could be really cool !! not only could it be a spot for gangRP but the idea of a family member getting lost could be cool !!

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
Neutral.

This would be an excellent addition; however, there are no spots in karakura to build this.

BUT MAAAAAAYYYYBBBBEEEEEE, the event team could wreck the powerplant and make it into a junkyard.

please, I beg the event team, destroy that bitch

Last edited:

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

it would be nice to see the powerplant be changed into someone else or even just redone(ofc this wouldn't be a high-priority job for the builders)

cho0ii

Level 173
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral

It's a nice idea, but as yonio said I think gangRP would much more benefit from being based in the underground systems. I also feel like as DarkEclipic said it would be nice to have the powerplant redone (or if we didn't want to completely redo it edit it to fit with the recent Akihito event; add more crumbling debris, fire etc)

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable

Just make the Powerplant more active, or change parts of the powerplant, adding a new hotspot will die off after a month, and people will likely forget about it, just like the basketball spot at the beach.

Maybe make an event in the powerplant where gangs fight each other and one of them ruins the electricity, so it makes half of Karakura lights gone, or maybe start exploring other spots, such as the dead bear cave, and use that... Or the sewers where there are often 15 hidden spots or the ruined Train station

but CasualRP and especially the KSR Community too: players could roleplay out them scrapping things such as tools or cars, as well as they could RP out a family member or friend getting lost and finding them in the junkyard or something of such, or they could RP salvaging out parts for cars.
Yeah that's not going to happen, no family will look for their child that decided to go missing, and also 90% of citizens of Karakura do not own cars, and the people that do own vehicles are mostly way too rich to go out of their way to find scraps, also how would it work? Would people often roleplay there?

Also, the tools that people use in Karakura are cosmetics that will never break unless roleplayed, and most of the time they'll go to a shop or the auction house for a new one

This location would tuck away somewhere as most scrapyards in real life do, usually placed far from the public to keep the scenery and overall look of the rest of the city standard and prime

The thing is...There's barely any spot that is far away from the public unless you put the junkyard into the beach at the further end of the basketball courts which most likely happens/not happen really, while sure Karakura is part of Japan, it doesn't make much sense if there is a junkyard, after all, the whole population, like to keep their stuff even broken stuff with them...Especially the cars I doubt the Mayor IC will allow this junkyard.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Neutral
Cool idea, but I feel like the crime community shouldn't have the Event Team or Staff Team make their own turfs for them. Instead, they can roleplay out 'criminalizing' other areas of the map and start roleplaying there to make it a criminal turf.

Yuji

Level 3

EDIT:
I've seen people reply to this thread about there not being much room to do this, but I know a place that could inhabit the junkyard - behind powerplant, the path by the Furukawa Estate; there is a big open space beside and behind Powerplant, enough for an extension for a junkyard (seen below)
I feel this is a good place for the junkyard as it revolves around a similar theme and style to the Powerplant, if this area is too small, I think it would be very possible to shift the mountain a little back.​
An edit has been made to this suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread