Status
Not open for further replies.

fuwwa

Level 21
fuwwa
fuwwa
Rich
IGN (In Game Name): CrypticLyrics.
Previous bans: At this point in time, I have no bans and I intend on keeping it that way.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: I understand that I must look in the roleplay documents about any inquiries before consulting another teacher or staff member.

Describe your activity on the server: Judging from my latest span of activity, I have been coming on at least five to six days a week and each time I have been on for around 4-7 hours whether that be a solid session or broken up around the day. In the past I have always previously announced that I would be inactive before I go on holiday or anything as such.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes but I rarely use it because I am new to it and get really confused on how it works. Like really.

Do you have a microphone? Personally, I don't but if I am required one I will buy a cheap one although my laptop has a built in one which is decent- when I Skype my audio is alright.

List your current and past applications: I have two previous teacher applications on the old forums- both denied, one for grammar which I have greatly improved upon and the other the teaching role was taken. I had one application on here which was for the school council but strangely I think it was deleted as I cannot find it in my posting history or in the actual place where I posted it. Whether it was accepted, declined or nether; It will forever be a mystery.

What is your motivation for applying?: My motivation is that everyday when I go on the server I see roleplayers, staff and teachers. To see how much the staff, and teachers as well, give us roleplayers; their patience, their time, their effort. I want to be one of those people who makes school roleplay, well school roleplay. To have roleplayers beg you to start a lesson just sparks something unique about you, to give back a slither of what everyone else gave me puts a smile on my face. I think that if I become a teacher it will benefit others as they can attend classes.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yup.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? I would head on over to the school field trip sub-forum and fill it out accordingly and speak nothing of the trip until Ducks allows the trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: No foul/ vulgar language as you are in a public environment, Actions which are harmful physically or emotionally towards others or even yourself are not prohibited and finally, follow the teachers instructions.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
In general I am an extremely logical and responsible person; I have a best-friend who has frequent epilepsy fits so I am the one who lays her on the floor, removes her foot wear and runs the basic but crucial actions- I do this all on my own as I have been entrusted by her mom. Teacher wise I run a small club with nurture- I am there as a friend to all the nurture kids so they can tell me all there problems while my form teacher runs the actual club.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher [NQT]
Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills [QTLS]
Head of Department [HD]

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, going into teaching blind is extremely stupid and also effects the way roleplayers, targeting new ones, think a teacher acts.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I think at this current time the teaching system only has one flaw and this a quite common answer but more active teachers are needed because it is more a roleplay with a school rather than a school roleplay- In the old server people would hang mostly in school but now they congregate around the family-store and this takes away from the roleplay vibes.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers are the very foundations of economy- they teach generations upon generations about the fundamentals of life and more. Without teachers there would be a massive worldwide knock on effect; no teachers, no exams. No exams? No degree. No college and eventually you'll get people with no jobs. With no jobs people would be soaking up benefits like a dry sponge and not enough income to satisfy the wave. This is why teachers are so important but they aren't superheros- No, just humans that still need to have fun but with mountains of work to mark and lessons to plan that can put strain on their health. Depending on the job, their income will vary and change as they climb up the ladder of success.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: They teach the students, without teachers the server would just be a TeenRP instead of a SchoolRP. They are the ones that hold exams and lessons, run field trips and so on.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - This is where you observe other teachers to get a good idea of how teachers work, teach and deal with different scenarios. They cannot hold there own independent lessons but can help out as an assistant and can help with handing out work and setting up practical lessons.

Newly Qualified Teacher - This is the position of which you can hold your own lessons but you have to permission from your HD ( Head of Department).

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - You are now an ordinary teacher; you can hold lessons whenever you want and don't have to seek permission from HD. You can now have some creativity room with the lesson plans but you still must ensure that you included the main parts of the class.

Head of Department - This is the point where you are fully in control of your department, although it isn't possible becoming a HD when the single spot is already took however it is possible becoming a Co-HD. You follow up on other teachers making sure they are leading on the teacher CoC.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The Must have, Should have, Could Have system is the system that the school runs on.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Mr.Brooke is small man will a average muscle, he has pale skin since he is Korean but he has curly brown hair naturally but he dyes it frequently to go to cons. He usually wears baggy sweaters or branded t-shirts with skinny jeans, he has a single lip piercing and often fumbles with it to pass time. He is very free-minded and has an amazing sense of humor but he can be really stubborn and shy, he loves all kinds of movies, cartoons, anime, TVShows.

He thinks of students like his own child, they deserve respect and freedom but when they are in the wrong they will be set back on course. He considers himself a friend to the students and will often walk up and start a conversation. He is chilled with the teachers and prefers to blend in with the teachers due to his shyness. He finds it easier to communicate with students with teachers but he still can talk up a storm with a well-known teacher.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Mr.Brooke would stand there and listen to how foul the language, if it is minor swearing he would politely remind them that they are in school grounds and if they carry on it would be a detention. But, if it is excessive then he would a stern talking with them and would give them a 10 minute detention at the nearest break/ lunch or at the end of the day.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? Stay quiet then make his way over to the white board. For every minute they are still talking add a tally on. If it is longer than three minutes shout that the whole class has a 10 minute waiting period after class in silence, then he would carry on the part of class that was interrupted.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Mr.Brooke would be sat down preparing his next lesson. He would be quite chilled and make casual conversation but he would prefer just to sit and listen.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me hands out scripts of Romeo & Juliet, he then sits down on a nearby seat then starts to read to outloud.
/me walks to center-stage and places chair down.
/me eyes trail over to (Player Name) and nods, showing him to answer the question.
/me stares at the group of students who are talking and sternly tells them to split into threes once again.
/me gives (Player Name) a crown and tells them to act out the role of a king.

BACKSTORY

Orlando was a mistake, his biological mother was a drug addict while he was still in the womb and didn't care if he stayed or went. Social services had forced Orlandos mother, Maiya, to give Orlando up to them within 24 hours of him being born- and that's what happened. Surprisingly Orlando had minimal problems with him due to him being heavily drugged by doctors in the womb, a homosexual family then adopted him and he grew up with an amazing family. He remembers nothing about Mai and only of Tony and Makoto- He had a adoptive older sister called Skylar. Makoto was a drama teacher and soon inherited his passion so he grew up in school as one of 'Those drama kids'. He had watched animes like Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing and Dragon Ball Z from a kid but he developed his love for movies when his first boyfriend dumped him and he was in that teen heartbreak stage so he binged Netflix entirely. The love was born. On from there he followed his dreams, fresh out of school he began working preschools. He loved all the smiles and the childish behavior, it made him feel like he had a family of his own. He stuck with his three bestfriends since primary, they have a ritual hot-chocolate and Netflix night every Thursday. Recently, both his dads moved to Britain and left him and his sister in Japan but Skylar now has a husband so she lives in a separate family-home. Orlando then advanced onto substituting classes for middleschools, he found it a challenge at first but he stuck with it and then one of the schools he was a sub for was Taketatsu; he loved the school and everything about it so he wishes to become a Drama teacher there. Where does the road go?

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Orlando Brooke
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Orlando
Preferred Name: Mr.Brooke to students but Orlando to friends or other adults.

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: New relationship.

Nationality: Korean
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (4 of years)
Working Experience (3 of years)

Academic Degree: Arts.

Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): Drama, Biology
Minors: Maths, MFL.

Native Languages: Korean
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Drama or Performing Arts.

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread