xcarice

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes I do, I own a working microphone.

What is your time zone?:
CET, Central European Timezone.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do, I acknowledge.

Describe your activity on the server:
I consider myself to be a rather active SRP player. A solid 7.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. I hadn't been online for around two weeks due to exams OOCLY. I had to take my time and effort to ace those tests, now that the exams are over I am willing to create time to fulfill the activity needs. On school days, I'm online from about 5 p.m. to 11p.m. On the weekends and holidays, you can expect me to be more active and online for at least three to four hours longer than usual.

Links to any previous applications on the server:
Accepted
Russian Application | luvCarice
Chinese Application | luvCarice
Denied
Shop Application | luvCarice
Doctor Application | luvCarice
Russian Application | luvCarice

What are your current roles on the server?:
Camilla K. Volkonsky, Grade-12.
Arabella Munakata-Kelly, Grade-12.
Alyssa M. Rozmanova, Grade-12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Culinary

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher originates from the fact that I am into more challenging roles. Don't get me wrong, I still like playing other roles as much as those that are less challenging. I enjoy being able to give other players different roleplay opportunities and entertainment since I know that some days there are no fun activities around to roleplay for. In my roleplaying experience I've noticed that having more entertaining classes will get the boredom out of you, especially if you include classes where you work in groups. Therefor, I will do my best to create interactive classes where you will not be bored, ofcourse not every subject suits all individuals so there is an understanding if they don't enjoy the class.
I have noticed that my own self had gotten quickly bored after joining the server as I have nothing to plan things for, I also love planning which I will not mind planning the classes beforehand.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?:
I do, I understand.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand and I am totally alright with that.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs will be the method used to show Staff how many classes you have hosted that month, according to those logs you will receive the right paycheck and will they also be reviewing if you are remaining active enough.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Show no signs of cellphone usage, if caught using your cellphone without said permissions it will be taken from you and given back at the end of the lesson.

2. Do NOT shout any possible questions or answers through the class, share your thoughts after you raised your hand and given the turn to talk.

3. Food and drinks will not be found inside of the classroom to avoid making a mess. If caught eating or drinking you will be warned and with further actions minor punishments will take place.

4. Fighting will not be tolerated on both school grounds as for in class, students involved will be sent to detention and receive a warning there.

5. No foul language or swearing in the classroom, which will also include respecting the teacher and fellow peers among you. If you continue to disobey this rule after being warned, you will be kicked from the classroom.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My roleplay experience started at around 22nd of november 2021, I joined SRP around that time. Beforehand I had never played in any roleplay servers/games. In total I think I have had two breaks in between where I missed some opportunities. When I was active again, I mostly enjoyed roleplaying in family situations other than GangRP related roleplays. Although I have never played as an adult character before, there has to be a first for everything.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Being an HD means that they are the lead of a certain department shown in the School Roster. They have been a part of the faction for a (very) long time.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A QT has probably been apart of the faction for a specific amount of time and know how to handle certain scenarios.

- NQT
↳ Meaning
: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A NQT has proven themselves to be a worthy teacher and they are out of training. Promoted from the position of Unqualified Teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A Unqualified Teacher made it to the teacher faction. They will undergo trainings to learn how to act in certain situations and get to know more about the school.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general:

My knowledge about teachers is mainly general knowledge.

InGame: My knowledge about teachers ingame evolved more in a time where I have roleplayed as the daughter of professors. Eventually if you are around teachers or professors more frequently, you will catch information in certain conversations. I have joined a fair amount of classes hosted, including Culinary classes. All I have done is pay attention in those classes which helps acknowledging how teachers act. They are mostly there to host classes and entertain the students.

Out-Of-Game: Teachers are one of the main roles on SRP, since the server evolves around SchoolRP. During schooltime you don’t want players to be bored, that’s why teachers come in clutch and get to plan classes/field trips to entertain them.

If I say this correctly,
Teachers can earn a maximum of ¥500,000 per month, NQT's start with a maximum of ¥350,000 if completed 10 classes. Qualified teachers have a standard pay of ¥400,000 per month. For every 5 classes completed on top of the base amount of classes, you will receive + ¥50,000.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
WIthout teachers, the school would be fairly empty. Not only would the school be empty but there would be students fighting all over the school grounds, no one would be having the roleplay opportunities they could have in classes and school hallways will be littered with children. There is no control over students if there aren’t role models walking around the school to prevent fights, etc.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system is called MoSCoW, explained shortly: ‘’Must have, Should have, Could have & Will not have.’’

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?:

Azariah S. Costas is a Greek young man, born in Nafplion. Fitting his birthplace, he is fairly tan. To be more specific, moderate brown. Azariah’s height for a Greek man is far above average, making him 6’’2. Looking at him, the first thing you notice is his warm smile and his tattoos. The dark leafs and purple flowers adorned around his left arm and black dragon twisting around his right arm gave him character. His dark brown hair that was cut into a wavy fringe + fade haircut, matched with his dark brown eyes that looked innocent but somehow serious. A red strand of hair appears through his hair from the front following itself onto the back. Fashion wise, he mostly wears comfortable clothing including zip up hoodies, T-shirts and long pants. Sometimes a cap would be an extra accessoire used. He had a mole right above the left side of his lip and freckles loitered around his face.

Enough about appearance, onto his loving personality. Azariah is a family man, he has a daughter that he got when he was seventeen. I know what you’re thinking. ‘’How can he be a responsible role model if he had a child at such a young age?’’. Azariah never had the intention of having a kid at a young age, but he chose to leave his non-father life and started studying for teaching Culinary as soon as he could. He wanted to be able to take care of his little girl, shower her with gifts, a roof and love. Of Course his daughter isn’t the only thing he can look after, he needs to look after himself too. Azariah has had a difficult past, where he only found his daughter to be his joy and pride. He may look serious on the outside, but deep inside he is a giant teddy bear! That doesn’t mean he looks scarily serious though, he has a smile set on his face quite standardly. As a little kid he has always loved to cook and bake, the only thing that made it almost impossible to practice was money. As soon as Azariah got his child, he started looking for jobs to fund his studies. You also might be asking ‘’Why have I not heard anything about a mother of his child?’’. The mother of his child forced him to choose between her and their daughter, Azariah is no cruel man and chose to raise her on his own.
After his studies, he went looking for jobs as a teacher. He found a job in Ireland, where he raised Shoko, his daughter. For around five years he had a great time teaching, but that school was not made for him. The only option was moving to Karakura, Japan for a job at their school.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?:
Azariah is a social and humble person, he easily starts conversations with others and he tries to befriend everyone. He treats all students equally to his co-workers, no teacher is better than any student. Students have their own opinion, Azariah adores to listen and acknowledge their opinions since they matter as much as anyone else's opinion.
Even though his co-workers are more of a professional aspect, he tends to communicate very friendly towards them as well as starting conversations to ease a stressful workday.

What are their plans for the future?
Azariah isn't planning on leaving Karakura, he wants to keep working at the school and eventually maybe have more kids, either biological or adopted. The ideal picture for him is having a successful life, having enough funds to feed and take care of his family, remaining a happy family, maybe even marrying a loving woman and getting a promotion at the school faction. For the rest, Azariah doesn't know what the future holds for him.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Azariah will approach the gang of delinquents, raising his voice enough to get above of their shouting voices. ''What is happening, is there an issue?'' are the exact words coming out of his mouth. The students dont respond, they dont even look at him and they continue what they were doing. Azariah repeats what he said but more assertive this time, hoping for a response. The students look at him, one of them explains what's going on: ''These two are discussing''. Azariah tells them to go seperate ways and meet up after school to continue what they were talking about. If they walk away, nothing happens but if they keep swearing and cursing, Azariah will give both of the students detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Azariah isn't someone who gives up. He finds different ways to attract their attention towards him, he raises his voice at first and tells everyone to quiet down and look his way. If they still don't pay attention, he will tell the students that he will be kicking people out if this continues.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
On his first days, Azariah will find it challenging to communicate with strangers but he tries his best. Once he gets more familiar with his surroundings and acknowledging other individuals personalities, he will definitely get out of his shell and communicate better. Azariah likes to see others happy, he will most likely bring snacks to work to share with his fellow co-workers and hand them out in the teachers lounge. When he walks in, he greets everyone with a bright smile. Azariah likes to get things done as soon as possible, so if he has a lot of time left he will probably be found with earbuds in his ears and any assignment papers he still had to check.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me took a big breath before taking a look at his class today. “Hmm, there aren’t that much students today” he thinks, he swiftly rotates to his right as he walked towards the back of his cooking station where his bag stood on the floor. He leaned towards his bag as he started opening the zipper with his thumb and index finger of his right hand, he grabs out information sheets with his left hand. He straightened his body, now standing in the middle behind his desk. “Alright children, please make way for each-other to receive these information sheets, make a long line in front of my station.” He mumbled to himself, counting the amount of sheets in his hand. He handed out the papers, noticing he had one spare. He glanced over to the right side of his station, neatly placing the paper next to his pen holder. “As you may see, we are learning the various amount of cutting techniques. Now you might find it boring but it’s something that might come in quite handy in the future. We will begin with four basic ones, starting with the Julienne Cut.” With his hands both placed loosely on his station, he commanded the students to grab the middle sized knife to the left of them. “Now be careful! I sharpened the knives this morning.” He grabbed the middle sized knife in his right hand, showing everyone how to hold it firmly. “If I am correct, I placed a carrot down on everyones cutting boards. Let me know if I missed your station.” No response, meaning that he didn’t miss anyone. Phew, that’s a relief. “You will start by cutting off the ends, if you have done that you can go ahead and cut the carrot in half. Cut a little bit of each side off so you have a flat surface, from here you’re going to make planks. After you’ve cut your carrot into planks, you can begin slicing them into thin strokes.” He put down his knife as a signal for everyone to stop with what they were doing, he left his cooking station before walking around and checking the work. “Alright class, third period is almost over so start cleaning your stations! You all did great.”

/me stood behind his station. He was found wearing an apron, oven mitts and a chef hat messing up his hair. “Goodmorning students! I am very excited to announce that we will be doing a bake-off today! Therefor, I do expect you next period to finish baking and collecting your masterpieces.” He had a bright smile stuck to his face, taking off his oven mitts. “Now that these are off I can communicate better. Why don’t you all start gathering the information on what you want to bake? Anything is acceptable, as long as you can finish it in two periods worth of time.” He opened his laptop, searching for a basic recipe to set as an example.”Ah found it.” He raised his voice, due to the chit chat. “Everyone! Here is an example for something simple, but well presented. Now, I do not want to see fifteen of the same creations. So don’t use this recipe.” He turned his laptop towards him again, looking up a digital timer. “Everyone ready? 1,2,3, Go! Gather the ingredients needed behind me in the pantry.” Around twenty minutes flew by, he squinted his eyes due to his eyesight getting worse. Maybe he needs glasses? Glancing over at the stations he nodded at the student looking up at him. “Doing great, keep it up. Okay everyone, twenty minutes have passed. 30 more minutes until the first period ends.” He swiftly made his way back to his station, where he started preparing a kahoot for a further lesson. 25 minutes have passed, he stood up looking at the class working hard. ''Alright everyone listen up, don't worry about your cakes in the oven since we will be back third period. Please clean up as much as possible for the next period so you can start preparing any toppings.''

/me stood at the opening of the door, waiting for everyone to settle in. ''Goodafternoon children, today you will have the ability to vote what were doing in todays period.'' He held out a big paper, with on the left side the word ''Improvise'' and on the right side the word ''Cupcakes''. He started hanging it up on the whiteboard behind him, holding up a pen. ''Who wants to start? Vote for improvise if you want to make a recipe with the available ingrediënts in the pantry, vote for cupcakes if you want to make cupcakes with the ingrediënts laid out on your stations.'' He handed the chosen student the pen, waiting for everyone to be done. ''Ah, I see. Are you all lazy today? Cupcakes it is, go ahead and look at the recipe for the cupcakes that I printed out and stuck to your station. You can even choose between chocolate and vanilla!'' He took down the big paper carefully as he put his pen in his pocket, slowly but surely he made his way back to his cooking station where he had a better overview of the children.

/me put down the last of the five frying pans. ''Goodmorning students, today we will be making chips! No, not fries but chips.'' He looked over to his right, where he grabbed three potatoes and started juggling with them. ''Look, these are the main thing you're going to need.'' He dropped one potato, he soon realised he did so and chuckled. ''Well, that one is not chip-worthy.'' He shrugged, putting down the two leftover potatoes. ''You will need four potatoes in total, does everyone have that amount on their station? I hear nothing, so that must be likely. First, you can wash them if you find it more sanitary but we're peeling them so it's not mandatory.'' He began washing the potato on his station, grabbing a peeling tool to peel it. ''On your left, there will be a peeling tool you can use.'' He started peeling the potato, cutting the potato in slices to set an example. He grabbed one slice, raising his hand. ''Now that you peeled them, you can start cutting them into slices this thin. Afterwards, you can give me your unfried chips and I will put them into the frying pans to prevent anyone getting hurt.''

Backstory
[Age 0-5]
- On June 18, at 6:48 AM. Greece's tiny town of Nafplion is where Azariah began his life. He was born in a loving family, he had a sucessful father, Santiago who worked for himself and a mother, Athena who cleaned houses on the weekends. He went to a local school at the end of their street where they lived in a rather big apartment. Azariah couldn't complain about money, because they had enough of that. He had 147 stuffed animals stored in big nets that hung on his ceiling and a collection of miniature sports cars displayed on multiple shelves. Time flew by, and Azariah was already five years old. One day, Santiago and Athena gave Azariah a small box which said 'For Azzy'. ''Open it, they said together.'' Azariah opened the box, looking at a pregnancy test. ''Dad, where is my present?'' His parents laughed. ''It's in my stomach, you're getting a little sister.'' Azariah looked confused but happy. Nine months later, there she was. Theodora, his little sister. He loved her to bits.

[Age 10-16]
-
Soon enough were Azariah and Theodora 16 and 15, Theodora went out on a night with her friends for the first time. That couldn't cause any harm you'd think. That night changed everything for their family. It was 1AM and 'Dora' was supposed to be home at 12:30AM, Azariah called her multiple times. No response. He knew where she went, so he got on his bike and made his way to the city. He went searching, eventually he saw one of her earrings next to a big garbage bin... He threw his bike away, running towards the bin. Oh no, there Theodora was...she was unconcious and laying behind the bin on the floor. Azariah rushed her to the hospital four streets further. Theodora had bruises all over her body, cuts in her face and a broken ankle. Later that morning she passed away due to her internal injuries. Their father, Santiago couldn't control himself. He went crazy, asking around for camera tapes and asking if people knew the person who did this to his daughter. After multiple days, he found the person who murdered Theodora. Santiago murdered him, eventually ending up in prison getting a life sentence for first degree murder. His family fell apart, all in two weeks time.

[Age 16-36]
Azariah and his mother wanted to start somewhere fresh, choosing to move to Dublin, Ireland. The location where he met Maeve, she was a waitress at a local restaurant. Azariah and Maeve met in the restaurant itself. They started dating, from one comes another. Maeve called Azariah to come to her house, when he arrived he got the news about becoming a father. Maeve was hesitant, but Azariah was eager to keep the baby. Nine months later, their beautiful baby daughter arrived. Only one thing was wrong, Maeve didn't want to keep her and made Azariah choose between her or their baby. He named his daughter Shoko, which means "happiness," since it was evident that the only way he could find happiness was to keep the child. Maeve left them both, making Azariah a single father. He wanted the best for his little girl, it made him think about studies. Azariah has always liked cooking and baking in their kitchen at home in Greece. They had all appliances needed, tools and ingrediënts were bought quickly at their local supermarket. He hadn't thought about his future and studies, but now that he had Shoko he decided to become a Culinary Teacher. He started studying the Culinary Arts Degree once he turned 18, finishing his study at the age of 23. After he got his degree, he started looking for a job in Dublin. After a few weeks he found a job as a Culinary Teacher, for 7 years he worked there. In the end, it didn't work out for him and he is now looking for a job in Karakura, Japan.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:
''My name is Azariah Costas.''
Title:
''Mr, Costas.''
Given Name:
''Others have called me Azariah, Azzy, Mr. Costas and Riah. People are creative these days.''
Preferred Name:
''I do not mind what name you call me by, but if I had to decide what I respond more to I'd have to choose Azariah.''
''I am 36 years old, born on June 18th.''
''I am a man, I go by the pronouns He/Him''
Religious Denomination:
N/A
Marital Status:
''I am currently single''

Nationality:
''I am Greek.''
Current Location:
''Karakura, Japan.''

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
''Before moving to Karakura, I worked at a highschool in Dublin. Seven years of employment at the school, although it had never been my comfort place to teach. Now I am looking for a new school to work at and I hope I belong more there than where I used to work.''
Academic Degree:
Associates Degree in Culinary Art.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Culinary Majors, including culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, and professional cooking.

Minors:
Nutrition and Health, being abled to explain the effect of nutrition on human health and disease, etc.

Native Languages:
Greek.

Other Languages:
Japanese & Russian.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
''No, I do not.''

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application:
Thank you for taking your time and effort to review this application!

Do you have any questions?:
N/A​

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread