Level 36
━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━━

IGN:
Berttie
DATE:
3rd October 2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion for the server is that the server itself needs to start producing models for SchoolRP again. Currently, if a model is desperately needed in the server, someone has to buy it. However, the server used to produce models that were needed free of charge. For example, back when there was no water on the server; everyone complained. And so, the pack was updated and a 'water bottle' model was created - I don't remember anyone paying for that.

It is so hard to become a shop-owner now. This is because only people with money can actually be one. Most shops now have to be 'unique' and in order for it to be unique, they need models. This is a server for teenagers, not everyone will have jobs and not everyone can afford lots of different custom models. I think if someone gets accepted for a shop; then certain models that are needed should be given by the server. For example, if someone applies for an electronics store (which in my opinion is very needed as we have flip phones in 2020) then at least a few different models should be created then let the owner purchase customs ones. Like maybe an iPhone, tablet and computer - then let the owner purchase the rest of the models. That way, everyone has an equal chance of getting a store rather than only people that have access to their mum's credit card.

Finally, new models are needed anyway; the server is now just toy katanas and nerf guns. Where is the flavour? (Also, I don't agree with the toy katanas looking so real - makes it harder for the police in my opinion)

Anyway, thanks for reading,

━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━━

IGN:
Berttie
DATE:
3rd October 2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion for the server is that the server itself needs to start producing models for SchoolRP again. Currently, if a model is desperately needed in the server, someone has to buy it. However, the server used to produce models that were needed free of charge. For example, back when there was no water on the server; everyone complained. And so, the pack was updated and a 'water bottle' model was created - I don't remember anyone paying for that.

It is so hard to become a shop-owner now. This is because only people with money can actually be one. Most shops now have to be 'unique' and in order for it to be unique, they need models. This is a server for teenagers, not everyone will have jobs and not everyone can afford lots of different custom models. I think if someone gets accepted for a shop; then certain models that are needed should be given by the server. For example, if someone applies for an electronics store (which in my opinion is very needed as we have flip phones in 2020) then at least a few different models should be created then let the owner purchase customs ones. Like maybe an iPhone, tablet and computer - then let the owner purchase the rest of the models. That way, everyone has an equal chance of getting a store rather than only people that have access to their mum's credit card.

Finally, new models are needed anyway; the server is now just toy katanas and nerf guns. Where is the flavour? (Also, I don't agree with the toy katanas looking so real - makes it harder for the police in my opinion)

Anyway, thanks for reading,

━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

i like this a lot and the reason we have flip phones is bcz of flip phones in animes

qbigail

Level 77
Definitely agree, I think it would make it a little more realistic for teenagers and young adults to have touch-screen phones rather than the flip-phones we have in place as of now. As well as this, I totally agree with the custom-model purchasing. I have my own money that I can spend, but, my parents would never let me spend $20 on an item in a game. I think that some items should be added when a new Shop Application is accepted, because, then it would add to the "unique" aspect of each store. I myself, have made many shop applications, then realised that I can't really make the store unique without new models; so I just scrapped them. I wish you the best of luck with this suggestion.

eto

Level 15
I think what's forgotten here is the mere fact that the pack is very heavy now and having additional things added will kill the texture pack even more. I'm a Shop-Owner myself and due to the way my shop is in terms of style, I'm able to get food heads instead of bringing in little items that in hindsight will just use up more space. If you're willing to put the money into your shop, then that's great! I just don't believe that it will do it justice with the numerous different bugs and issues that come with all of these custom items.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
I think what's forgotten here is the mere fact that the pack is very heavy now and having additional things added will kill the texture pack even more. I'm a Shop-Owner myself and due to the way my shop is in terms of style, I'm able to get food heads instead of bringing in little items that in hindsight will just use up more space. If you're willing to put the money into your shop, then that's great! I just don't believe that it will do it justice with the numerous different bugs and issues that come with all of these custom items.
There are also a lot of older models that could be removed. Part of reasoning in raising the prices of customs and cars, many people purchase them and because of it expands the pack, but people still continue.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
There are also a lot of older models that could be removed. Part of reasoning in raising the prices of customs and cars, many people purchase them and because of it expands the pack, but people still continue.
dude who would spend 100+ dollars on a minecrat server?the price doesnt need to be raised, just make a limit for it

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
dude who would spend 100+ dollars on a minecrat server?the price doesnt need to be raised, just make a limit for it

Many people actually. They lower the prices though, but it could be because they could be backed up on models, etc. A lot of people who buy the customs are normal people with the money, eventually, you are going to need to up the price in order to slow down sales. For instance, if you up the price on a PS4 The only people who would be willing to buy it would be the people with the money, but if you lower it then sales become available to more people.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
Many people actually. They lower the prices though, but it could be because they could be backed up on models, etc. A lot of people who buy the customs are normal people with the money, eventually, you are going to need to up the price in order to slow down sales. For instance, if you up the price on a PS4 The only people who would be willing to buy it would be the people with the money, but if you lower it then sales become available to more people.
majority of the server are teenagers mind you, they have stuff like payment for college exams to worry about yada yada. rather than having a higher cost, just make that everyone has a limit for the amount of customs they can buy or there can be times when the custom shop is open or closed

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
majority of the server are teenagers mind you, they have stuff like payment for college exams to worry about yada yada. rather than having a higher cost, just make that everyone has a limit for the amount of customs they can buy or there can be times when the custom shop is open or closed
Not disagreeing with you, just saying why I think they raised the payment, and why I think they lower it. But you can't disagree with me that plenty of people including TEENAGERS, spend hundreds of dollars on Minecraft servers. I also do not believe that a limit would do much, technically raising the pricing is limiting the amount of one can purchase.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
Not disagreeing with you, just saying why I think they raised the payment, and why I think they lower it. But you can't disagree with me that plenty of people including TEENAGERS, spend hundreds of dollars on Minecraft servers. I also do not believe that a limit would do much, technically raising the pricing is limiting the amount of one can purchase.
Yeah the rich ones, as I was saying. Raising the price would of course mean less people, but would also mean less payment contribution for the server. Whenever they feel as if the purchases has reached some kind of limit they can always CLOSE the option of purchasing a custom.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
Yeah the rich ones, as I was saying. Raising the price would of course mean less people, but would also mean less payment contribution for the server. Whenever they feel as if the purchases has reached some kind of limit they can always CLOSE the option of purchasing a custom.
It's not all rich folks, you have a decent amount of people who work jobs, or as Bertie had stated use their mother(s) cards. I agree with the payment contribution subject, though they earn plenty of money on ranks and other things, not to mention they have another server within the server that has been doing a great deal lately, whether it is a different owner or not, it's all on the same hub. This 'issue' could be greater, and you could guess how, though they do have a team running it, as well as if you do not receive a model, then you can personally DM Mike, and get it sorted.

You're right they could always close it, though the chances of them doing so are low because they would just have to reopen it again. As I said money is a limiting factor, therefore it would serve no use to close it, rather than just raising the price. At least I believe so.

Totalore

Level 138

The pack is too big. I mean: WAYYYYY TOO BIG. Modeling team is already stacked with projects of trying to shorten the size of a single model. Adding more models for "free" won't be the way any of us would want just for the resource pack.

Back then it was different because of
- Small playerbase
- Small resourcepack
- No one bought customs

Now all of that is gone, it makes it a bad decision to start adding more models for free.

Users who are viewing this thread