mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Custom ownerships suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 9/8/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I want to suggest that you bring back the ability to buy and sell custom ownerships withing the community.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
To begin with i think that it would be usefull because many people like to collect customs. Therefore by being able to buy from other players they can get more unique items without having to spend a fortune of real currency money to make a collection. Also i belive it would benefit people who dont need one of their customs anymore and might be wanted by someone else. It could also be a game changer for people who may not be able to buy customs of their own to manage and aquire a few customs. I dont belive it would make the sales of custom slots drop, as people will always want to buy customs of their own, but i think that it will benefit those who are collectiong and those who want to aquire certain rare items that were made in the past. Also i'd suggest that ownerships are sold by an ic deal but with an oocly text confirmation that ownership is being sold. Also i belive that such a trade should be monitored by staff therefore have staff waching over it to avoid possible rule breaks and misscommunications​

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

it was removed because issues with item ownership started rising and there was no good way to moderate the passing of ownership as players don’t tell staff about this, and quite frankly I’m not sure they want to every time they sell something.

If players start coming to us requesting copies of items because we don’t know who owns it, don’t start crying.

On top of this, custom copies can’t be sold by the individuals that request them due to how broken the economy is already.

SapouT

Level 21

it was removed because issues with item ownership started rising and there was no good way to moderate the passing of ownership as players don’t tell staff about this, and quite frankly I’m not sure they want to every time they sell something.

If players start coming to us requesting copies of items because we don’t know who owns it, don’t start crying.

On top of this, custom copies can’t be sold by the individuals that request them due to how broken the economy is already.
if rules are strict enough to explain the proccess of ownerships being passed and that staff needs to confirm that it is passed, then no problem would occur. If players decide to not have staff moderating it, the person who wants to buy can easily call staff for themselves or report the person that is trying to scamm them by rulebreaking. It is all a matter of rules + If someone tries to log off right after getting paid without consenting oocly+ staff arent called to monito the situation then simply it will be reported like a typical ooc scamming scenario and voided+ the person may receive a blacklist from selling or buying customs. And i dont think we should judge an idea considering that players will rulebreak to take advantage of it cuz all current rules can be taken advantage off and all rules can be broken already

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

What Customable said, I'd also like to raise the fact that buying and selling customs makes absolutely zero sense ICly. . . Some characters will have 100k yen to their name and a Lamborghini (which already doesn't make sense), but now they sell it and suddenly they have millions of yen. . That is pay-to-win and against the Minecraft EULA. Buying and selling customs makes no sense, your characters usually have no reason to buy these things. . half the time they have no actual value in practice, it could be the most random item ever but "IT'S A CUSTOM!!!!" so you buy it? SRP is not a business simulator, nor is it about making money, it is a roleplay server... you don't need in-game money to roleplay.

Iphone76

Level 97
Iphone76
Iphone76
Omega

What Customable said, I'd also like to raise the fact that buying and selling customs makes absolutely zero sense ICly. . . Some characters will have 100k yen to their name and a Lamborghini (which already doesn't make sense), but now they sell it and suddenly they have millions of yen. . That is pay-to-win and against the Minecraft EULA. Buying and selling customs makes no sense, your characters usually have no reason to buy these things. . half the time they have no actual value in practice, it could be the most random item ever but "IT'S A CUSTOM!!!!" so you buy it? SRP is not a business simulator, nor is it about making money, it is a roleplay server... you don't need in-game money to roleplay.
Not gonna touch on the SRP portion because I agree this isn't a business simulator but as for the EULA part that is a complete lie in its entirety. Read the EULA standards for monetization. It states competitive servers meaning ones with prizes in the form of real money have stricter rules on things like donations while servers like this that aren't competitive have relatively relaxed rules. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/terms#commercial the rules on commercial use are found here.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Not gonna touch on the SRP portion because I agree this isn't a business simulator but as for the EULA part that is a complete lie in its entirety. Read the EULA standards for monetization. It states competitive servers meaning ones with prizes in the form of real money have stricter rules on things like donations while servers like this that aren't competitive have relatively relaxed rules. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/terms#commercial the rules on commercial use are found here.
Despite that, pay to win is pay to win. EULA breaking or not, it’s still wrong and creates a bad look for the server

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Despite that, pay to win is pay to win. EULA breaking or not, it’s still wrong and creates a bad look for the server
What do you win on this server though? Real question because I never seen this server to have any real aspects that allow you to win anything besides ic money and even then, ic money doesn’t really seem to be a huge part of the server anyway

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Saying it as a shopkeeer, it was very hard for me myself follow the ownership of items because a lot ofp eople tried to sell me their items and I couldn't actually know if they owning it or not, plus what Customable said; I totally understand ur position about that, but I still have to -1
if rules are strict enough to explain the proccess of ownerships being passed and that staff needs to confirm that it is passed
still, it will be hard to modrate it.
t, the person who wants to buy can easily call staff for themselves or report the person that is trying to scamm them by rulebreaking. It is all a matter of rules
sometimes the person who owns the item even wouldn't know.

si10k

Level 37
-1/+1

Could add a application for proof off such to talk about it with staff. But then again idrc

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+

Unless there could be a system in place to transfer ownership without using ANY IC or OOC currency, i disagree with this

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Unless there could be a system in place to transfer ownership without using ANY IC or OOC currency, i disagree with this
^^^^^^^^

If it becomes possible, it shouldn't be by any IC or OOC currency because of what Customable said about the economy.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Neutral! Main reasons with what customable said.

A plugin that specifies owners and allows you to sell item ownership would be pretty cool though, that could be implemented imo

SapouT

Level 21
Neutral! Main reasons with what customable said.

A plugin that specifies owners and allows you to sell item ownership would be pretty cool though, that could be implemented imo
Yeah it would be better this way

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Neutral
I love collecting customs, I do. (yk without paying a mil+ for them, bless the cool cats that just make me pay the copy price you guys are the real ones) and it really is upsetting to get a super cute one only to see it removed from the texture pack! Even more so when you cant get similar customs to the original as well as like. . . im sure everyone wouldnt want to pay $35 USD just to add the custom back.

I understand the staff side of it as well, being staff it was a pain in the butt to keep track of. If they DO ever come up with a system for it to keep it away from p2w and organized it will make me and other players happy but again, as someone who WAS staff, I understand it can easily just become more pointless work.

I know back in the day, they had a rule where if the custom had more than 5 copies out, it became a public item. Maybe work with that again; I don't know a solution but I just want the pretty customs I've obtained to stop being deleted I love them so much LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread