MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
IGN: MrSharkyJR
DATE: 25/11/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Hey people! I wish to talk about a small thing I noticed that could be changed, and that thing is the fact that there is no progress board or something like that shows how far a custom is, before you all start yelling at me let me explain my idea.

We all know that there is a Trello board that shows all the plugins and updates that are being made (see it here) but there is none for customs. now getting to my idea for real.

i believe that it will be a good idea if there is a Trello for customs where you can see the waiting list, what ones are being made, and those that are done and ready to be implemented. this way Mr mike himself will receive 60% fewer DMS (and other mods) and also then people know how long they would need to wait before their custom is getting made and also when it is getting made.

Now I know some of you might disagree with it bc of the fact that people then can dm you about the custom dm the ones that are making it but there is a simple solution for that.
1. don't add the modelers to the board where you can see who is making what
2. make it a warn/ban to dm the ones that ordered a custom and ask for a copy or something along the lines
3. remove all the added customs from the done and ready to be implemented board once added to the server

now coming to the next topic:

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

well, it will benefit those who are impatient and want to know what stage their custom is at, it will also help those who get dmed about it daily (cough mike cough) and it will just be nice in general and interesting to see how much work 3d modelers deliver and it can also make people have more respect to them.

Feel free to still yell at me or disagree with me and maybe try to change some stuff to make it sound more appealing. or agree with it. BUT its also fine to just don't agree with it at all so all is fine!

[IMAGES IF ANY]
wowow.PNG

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
very cool suggestion, one problem.

Modellers will never update them, LOL

now I know you probably could just remind or warn us to do so, however creating the model, updating the board, constantly DMing them, management of stacked requests on the board may become a little overwhelming for us modellers, keeping it just to DMs would be the most optimal option.

as an alternative, what us modellers SHOULD be doing is DMing the requesters the moment we receive the items, however, from some modellers points of views they prefer not to be pressured, despite the fact its our job to make these items, which i can understand considering we do have many other things usually to manage.

Kinda a half/half on this one, it will depend on how its handled.

+1/-1

Users who are viewing this thread