Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
What's your Minecraft Username?: SCP_662
What's the title of your suggestion?: Customize animal sounds in chat

What's your suggestion?:
I think that with the variety of animals on the server, the standard messages like 'chirp', 'rr', 'roar', ect. get a bit repetitive to read. I think that there should be a command to set what it says instead. For example, all birds say 'chirp' when many could make sounds like 'caw'. Alternatively to a command, the animal type is set through a command so it could reasonably be different based off which you choose.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would benefit anyone who interacts with animals on a regular basis, it adds realism and is a good touch for chatters and readers alike.

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1

I like this idea. Sometimes when I rp with animals after reading the worlds chirps several times it can be repetitive.. and it can turn the conversation/engagement boring because all you're getting from the other person is a chirp or a grr or whatever animal they're playing. Especially if you're a human interacting with the animal.

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1

As long as it's on the easier side to implement, I'd love to see this someday to add more personality to animals and roleplaying with animals

.Arkkwolf

Level 49
Community Team
Lore Team
Arkkwolf
Arkkwolf
Notable+
Neutral - I think this would be a cute idea, but honestly, it's not entirely necessary, unless it's an easy thing to sort out. You can easily put personality and expression into animal characters through detailRP.

ny00m

Level 29
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
+1 cute idea imo. You could just have sets of sounds to choose from, with a couple different but similar sounds per set. If i was a bird I'd definitely say tweet tweet instead of chirp chirp.

Oliverium

Level 62
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
Mainly because the birds are repetitive and inaccurate. I'd like to add sounds like *whistles*, Kree, Caw, Peep, etc. (And for seagulls to say "Mine" /j)
However I want it to be implemented differently because when people have toe choice to pick out what their animals say... it can get pretty crazy with the trolls. I'd rather just add more varieties of sounds, especially for the birds and the animals with only 1-2 sounds.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We can take suggestions for additional animal sounds, however we won't be adding custom animal sounds​

Users who are viewing this thread