Yes I do, my username is da_dank

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do.

How old are you? (Optional):

I am 17 years old.

What is your time zone?:

My timezone is MST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I acknowledge that I will be terminated if I am inactive, and I believe that it would be a reasonable response.

Describe your activity on the server:

Sun​
Mon​
Tus​
Wen​
Thu​
Fri​
Sat​
1-3 Hours​
2-5 Hours​
2-5 Hours​
2-5 Hours​
2-5 Hours​
1-3 Hours​
1-3 Hours​

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-romanian.56148/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-romanian-resubmission.56328/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-hope-im-not-getting-annoying.56364/ Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/ittalian-application.60046/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application.60092/ Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/dadankk23s-jsl-application.64440/ Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English, I’d specifically teach creative writing and character development.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I really enjoy writing, and when I had a friend who became a teacher on this server, I realized that this faction could be something I would have fun with. I enjoy writing and currently writing my own novel. It’s for that reason that I want to share my writing knowledge and play a new kind of character.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I understand that I will undergo training. I’d expect nothing less.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

They are needed to know the activity of the teacher, making sure they are active on the server, and ensuring they fulfill the responsibilities they have. By logging each class, SLT is able to see the teacher’s activity and allow them to evaluate their performance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No yelling, if you are proving to be a repeated disturbance to the class then you will get a detention.
No electronic devices during lectures, if you are seen with a device during class I will give you three warnings before giving detention.
No misbehaving, I expect students to act their age and to behave like the high schoolers they are. This entails no getting out of your seat till requested to, keeping hands to yourself, and the use of appropriate language.
Raise your hand before speaking, I feel as though this should be expected from all students and should be common sense.
Bullying is not tolerated under any circumstance. If a student is seen disrespecting and or harming another, it will result in an instant detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I’ve played on SRP for around 2 years now, and I have spent most of that time slowly getting involved in gangRP and crimeRP. Upon me making my own gang in the past few months. I realized that gangRP has been missing the element of roleplay that other factions have, and for that reason I want to branch out and gain as much experience as I can.
I have played DND for around 3 years. I have always been into playing characters and making stories. As said before I am writing my own novel and I primarily roleplay to help me understand how people would react to the character’s I play, and how I can improve them.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of department
↳ Description: The top position within the department, they are the highest rank that still teaches classes. The head of the department also teaches Unqualified Teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified teacher
↳ Description: They are teachers and/or professors that have been teaching longer than the Newly Qualified Teachers. Qualified teachers are, as seen here, the rank before the Head of Department.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified teacher
↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teachers are just as it says, brand new teachers out of training. They are knowledgeable in their subject, but yet aren’t well known nor as experienced as a Qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers in training, on average a new teacher is put here. They are to go through training and pass, once they have gone through training they are able to host classes.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers as a whole are a core foundation of society. If it weren’t for teachers, good or bad, we all wouldn’t know even the basics of say mathematics or language. However I think what makes a good teacher is them making a good environment for their students, and for themself. What I think I would excel at when it comes to this is English. Not only is it my strongest subject, but I feel as though I can bring some knowledge on how to write characters and how to write in general.
In character though, teachers primarily focus on making a realistic experience, and when not making a fun interaction or story with other characters. They are responsible for teaching the students the subject in, hopefully, an engaging way. Teachers make a maximum of 500,000 yen monthly salary, however you may not always reach that salary and it will look closer to a 300,000 yen salary.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are a vital piece to a school role play server, for if there are not teachers there are not classes to go to. If there are no classes to go to, people won’t have much to do during school hours, and people will get bored and log off. Not only do teachers provide additional role play, however they also provide the ability for people to rise to college and later become adults.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school works on the “moscow” method or “Must have, Should have, Can’t have, Won’t have”.
I understand “Must have” as it is the things that we have to fit into the time limit allowed to us. I also understand the “Should have” as that it is the things that can fit in if time is allowed. However, I don’t know the “Can’t have” and the “Won’t have” fully, I assume it is just going down the list of things that you would be able to accomplish during the allowed amount of time. However if I am wrong in any of this I am most certainly willing, and able, to learn!

Character Knowledge
image-22.png
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Kaito Tanaka is a 5‘11” Japanese male. He has a fairly lean and athletic build. His hair is a glistening black that’s medium length on the top, but rather short on the sides. His dark eyes hold a sense of calmness and calculatedness within, however a sense of tension and determination resides further beneath. He often wears old school clothing, often looking like he just walked out of a coffee shop in 1985 going to go play jazz at some jazz club down the road. He often wears a straight black sweater, tucked into clean black dress pants. He wears clear framed glasses, or sometimes a pair of chrome framed glasses, and smells of coffee, vanilla, and cigarettes.
Kaito Tanaka, while at most times comes off as harsh when teaching, often cares deeply for his students. He is truly passionate about writing stories, and when a student shares his same passion, he is more than willing to encourage them and help them grow to become better. While he can be cold, and often harsh at times, he is aware of this fact. He has no desire to change his behavior knowing that he’d feel like he’d only be forcing himself to act like someone else rather than himself. If there is one thing that Kaito respects more than anything else in this world, it would be genuinity. Kaito would rather people show who they truly are instead of acting like another person.
Kaito finds respect in his fellow staff and colleagues, though often he feels distant and removed. He feels as though he doesn’t belong around the other more hyper and cheerful teachers, and finds more connection with those who are much more low energy like him. Even though he feels distant around the more hyperactive teachers, he still makes attempts to connect with them. Kaito values connection to his fellow teachers and school staff.
Kaito hopes to live a happy life teaching until he physically can’t anymore. Kaito enjoys the idea of bringing his knowledge of writing and story crafting to nearly anyone who will listen. If he were to only do that for a living for the rest of his life, he’d die a happy and complete man. He doesn’t care much about getting married, rich, or famous. Kaito only cares about the people he can inspire through his job as a teacher.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I give each one of them a warning, if I find them swearing again I will hand out each of them a detention slip.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I calmly announce that any of the people who do not quiet themselves in the next 10 seconds will be kicked from the classroom, or I’ll see them in detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

He acts nearly the same as he does in the classroom, however when he isn’t working he appears to be a tad more relaxed. Though, sometimes he may be more depressed depending on the day.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d gently set an apple with “good character” written on it upon his desk, and look blankly at his students wielding a frying pan in his right hand with a death grip that made his knuckles white with desire... Allowing for some time to pass as he continued to stare at them, watching seemingly awaiting to see what they all would do.
/me In an instant he’d sharply slam the frying pan onto the apple with a loud grunt, smashing the fruit into a fine mush and splitting it to pieces as apple juice splatters all over the place.
/me With a slow gentle walk, he’d approach the window peering out at the people below. As he gazed below he’d nearly look like he was searching for something. . . His gaze fixated on finding what he was searching for.
/me He’d stand before the chalkboard wielding a piece of chalk, he’d wait patiently and silently for the majority of the students to be silent, before taking the chalk and begin to draw a cartoonish silhouette of a person. He’d proceed to write “Bob” above the figure. He’d then make a simple drawing of a store, before turning around back to the class to begin explaining.

Backstory

When Kaito was a child, roughly nine to ten years of age, his father was deep into the automotive world, and heavily impacted Kaito’s interest early on in his life. Kaito’s mother wasn't around as she had died early on in Kaito’s life. Losing his mother hurt a lot and shaped his young life, but made him and his father closer in the end.
When Kaito was a teenager he began to take part in his father’s interest, as well as beginning to take interest in some hobbies of his own, one of which was writing. Kaito excelled at Language arts and English as a teenager. He found writing stories an escape, or even a way to do things without consequence. He would spend his days studying, and going to school, then during his nights spent with his father in the driveway working on a car. Kaito’s father had always raced in any track day event he could find, and would often bring Kaito along with. But, now Kaito started to lend more of a hand in the pit lanes. He’d be switching tires, fixing mechanical issues, whatever needed to be done, Kaito was on it.
It was on a cold November day however, when it seemed all was lost. Kaito was eighteen now and helping out on the track. His father was going 156 MPH in a white Mazda FC RX-7, Kaito and his father had built that car all Kaito’s life. The RX-7 was purpose built for high speed oval tracks, and for setting the best lap time possible. But as Kaito’s father was reaching 156 MPH the car’s rotary engine blew, and his father lost all power in an instant. The driver behind him wasn’t able to react in time to avoid hitting Kaito’s father, and rear ended him sending both of them into the wall. As the driver of the vehicle that hit Kaiot’s father got out of the wreckage, the stark white RX-7 burst into flames with Kaito’s father still inside. Kaito watched the small T.V. monitor that showed the wreck as emergency services rushed to put the fire out and save his father, his arms weak and heavy as he helplessly watched. It was that day Kaito realized the risk every driver takes when he enters the car. And, it was that day he stepped away from his most long lived hobby.
Kaito graduated from Aoyama High School, and moved on. After graduating, he had the idea of teaching English and language arts. He thought that his knowledge and love for writing could be shared to the next generation. So, he went to get his masters in creative writing. Throughout his life from the point of his father’s death he had refused to drive any vehicle, and often would refuse to get in a car even as a passenger. But, come the time he began to get his teaching certificate, his fear of the automobile began to fade away. Now Kaito, though with some hesitation, can stomach being in an automobile.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kaito Tanaka
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Kaito
Preferred Name: Kaito, Tanaka,

Age (Minimum is 27): 38
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2005
Major(s): Creative writing
Minors: English

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: TESOL

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for has no open space.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread