players online

Accepted ~Daiiisyy's Art Teacher Application~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmyslxys

Level 4
IGN (In Game Name): Daiiisyy
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I do.

Describe your activity on the server: A couple of hours a day.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: History Teacher Application (Denied), Librarian Application (Accepted), Teacher's Assistant (Denied).

What is your motivation for applying?: The reason I was motivated to become an art teacher is that I have always loved art. I've had the highest average grade in my class consecutively for the past 3 years in my school so I completely understand art. Art is a powerful thing, it can change the world. I think by teaching students art it can possibly help them to make a difference in the future.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Also Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
First you would send a letter to the principal. In this letter you must write the amount of students you are bringing, Who is supervising, etc. Your request will then be approved/disapproved by the principal. But you would also have to fill out the format on the forums.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
  • Be quiet while the teacher is talking. For the information they are saying is important. Students may raise their hands if they have a question.
  • Be respectful to everyone around you, the teachers, and the school.
  • Students should stay in their seats or on the floor (If there is minor overfill) at all times.
  • Any classwork that is not done by the end of class, will result in being homework for the next day.
  • If a student were to disrupt the class, they will be warned. If this continues to happen, appropriate consequences will occur.
Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
We'll like I said before, I'm the leader of the art my club in my school. It taught me everything I know about art and how to be a great leader. I occasionally helped my art teacher with her classes, teaching me that with the right attitude and inspiration, your art can do many things to many people. She also taught me how to really run a class instead of letting it run you.
List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee | (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)
Head of Department | (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes I have read and understood it.
From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? The one thing I would change in the Teacher Group is that teachers with similar teaching subjects should be able to help each other plan lessons. For example: If the performing arts teacher is doing a lesson on music, they should be able to have the music teacher help them plan their lesson.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because they hold classes and resolve issues. Without them it wouldn't really be a SchoolRP server because in order to have school you need to have classes, and in order to have classes you need teachers.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee|(Trainee): A trainee attends classes and help the teacher. It will give you training for when your a future teacher. All of this will make you more comfortable with running a class and how a classroom works.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): A NQT can run a classroom, but you need to make sure to check with your HD to see what you should be teaching and what you should be doing in class.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): A QTLS is able to teach lessons now during regular school hours.

Head of Department (HD): A HD is in charge of all the other teachers in their department. They are responsible for training the trainee's and assisting the NQTs.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system that the school goes by is a MoSCo system (Must have, Should Have, Could Have).

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Miss Rose is 5'5 . She is pale with green eyes and a nice smile. With brunette hair and a round face she has a very welcoming appearance. She is a very optimistic and forgiving person. Her outlook on her students is that they each have a ton of potential and they will change the world as tomorrow's leaders. She thinks other teachers are great people and that they are one big happy teacher family.

Emmy thinks that when she is retired she will open up her own art studio in her home and be an artist for the rest of her life. Spreading joy and happiness through her paintings.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would warn the delinquents to stop, if this continues I would give them an appropriate consequence.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would tell my class to stop talking and say they are wasting time and might not be able to finish their paintings, pottery, etc. If they continue to do this I would count down from 5-1 trying to get their attention.
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
When in the teacher's lounge, Miss Rose will sit down at the large table reviewing her lesson plans for the day. Making any additional changes before she goes to class. She will also double check to make sure she has all the needed art supplies for her class and the project they are doing on the given day. After the important business is taken care of, she would sip her coffee and eat a pastry she got from the Cafe for her breakfast. Occasionally talking with other teachers.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me She would hand each of the students the supplies they needed for the art project in that class.
/me Demonstrates how to use the pottery wheel in front of her students, creating a small vase quickly.
/me Walks around the classroom observing her students paintings from afar, occasionally asking them questions about what they are painting.
/me Points to the color wheel poster on the wall, telling the students about what colors compliment each other and what colors don't.
/me Sits at her desk and grades the drawings they had done earlier in class, while the students were having a free draw time.

BACKSTORY
When Emmy was born she had been born into a very strict family in America. Her mother was a teacher and her father was a veteran. At about age 12 Emmy's mother died unexpectedly from a heart attack. As Emmy grew up without her mother her father got more and more depressed and didn't spend and time with Emmy. Leaving her alone. When she was older Emmy attended high school and was the leader of the art club in school. She won many of the art competitions hosted by the school and eventually got a large amount of money (from winning all the competitions) to cover her college tuition.

In college Emmy decided to study to become an art teacher. She wanted to do this to remember her mother and show the children of the world that art is a very powerful thing. Day after day she would stay after inside the school's art studio creating piece after piece of artwork. All originals of course. She submitted all her work to a local art gallery which would sell it to buyers. Earning her a little bit of money.

Emmy graduated with honors from the Academy of Art University with her degree in Art Education. She moved to Japan, trying to find a way to be better at japanese art. She began to teach small classes of students who aspired to be artists when they were older. The students loved her and came for classes weekly. Which was great for Emmy. After a couple of months of being in Japan, she met a girl named Bree at a local fair. They soon became quick friends and have been ever since. They spent every weekend together, when she wasn't teaching her classes. Bree and her were out on a walk one day and they passed a huge highschool. Taketatsu High. Emmy was excited that there was a school near her house where she could potentially teach. The following weekend she sent in her application. Hoping and praying she would get some good news. Months later, On her way home from a movie with Bree she stopped in front of her front door. There sitting on her front porch was a small white envelope, addressed to her from Taketatsu High. She bent down and slowly opened the envelope, eager to see if she was a teacher or not.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Emmy Elise Rose
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Emmy Rose
Preferred Name: Miss Rose to students and the teachers and other staff members can call me Emmy.

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Academy of Art University, Art Education degree

Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): Art Education
Minors: Photography

Native Languages: English