DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:
DarkEclipic / LightEclipic / Any of my Eclipic’s

DATE:
10/08/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a Two(2) day break from GangRP if you are in Recovery / In the Hospital at all(E.g. Needing to change characters for any Hospital situation)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
While talking with my fellow crime people(Or at least a few BMD/BMDAs), we took notice of people posting gang activity / participating in gang activities while their main gang character is in Recovery. Here is my suggestion/opinions;

If you think about it, if your character dies or is arrested(at all) you have to wait a whole 2 OOC days before you can return to fight with your gang
(For those who don’t read the rules often, here is the rule directing you to this: 7.2a If you were part of a gang in any way and have died/been arrested and lost that character, you cannot re-join or be involved with fighting with the same gang for two OOC days)

It would make sense that people being in Recovery(since the whole adding recovery into SRP), would have to stay out of GangRP for their entire recovery visit/follow the whole died/arrested 2 OOC day wait. Because people who are in gangs, with the current system, are able to get back into the fighting with their gang RIGHT AFTER they leave the RecoveryRP on their character. We have to wait in the first place to make sure people are roleplaying their Medical situations and there should be more downside to those who wish to take limbs and actually think out their movements on the server.

This would benefit the server in the fact that recovery is a semi-new thing and more can be added onto it, especially when it comes to Gang/CrimeRP, you can even throw this in when they go through Crime Clinic also(since they are basically both doing recovery). It will make people think if really taking a limb is worth it or find more fun ways to stay hidden and maybe find more clever ways of sneaking around. I want to see more pride when it comes to peoples gang characters and see more development by only using one character and not using characters that can be seen as ‘throwaways’, as making a throwaway is not allowed by the rules(4.6 Do not create throwaway characters. This is the act of creating a character with no real purpose to develop them).

Me, personally, I had never had a character die/be arrested/detained but I did have a character in recovery and I had to pay the price of waiting to play them again, it should be the same for all characters who are in organizations as normal people miss out on attending Club events / Sports events / Events in general with a certain character BECAUSE they are in Recovery. It should be the same for gangs. Sorry if this doesn’t make 100% sense since it is like 12-1 am and if I didn't type this out now, I would have forgotten might edit this when I wake up in the morning

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
+1

it doesn't quite make sense for gangs to take in random people they've never met in-roleplay.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I don't see the "You cannot gangRP two days after your character gets out of recoveryRP" being remotely useful other than slowing down GangRP. However the addition of not being able to GangRP while in recoveryRP is feasible and puts more of a halt to the creation of throwaway characters.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread