players online

Dead Internet theory on SRP...?

findouticly

Level 31
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
WARNING! TRIGGER WARNING.
IN THIS THREAD, THERE ARE MENTIONS OF RELIGION!

I've recently started noticing some weird things happening on SRP... As of recent, I've noticed a few players who are either... Always standing in place, or are moving ever-so slightly... Maybe its the new AFK money meta, or is it?

DEAD INTERNET THEORY
What is the
Dead Internet Theory?
The Dead Internet Theory suggests that a large portion of online activity is generated by bots rather than humans. People believe this shift began around 2016-2017, alleging that automated accounts are responsible for the large internet activity. A few examples of those, can be Youtube comments, which dont look like a normal human being wrote them, or the Facebook accounts, who post AI generated religious content, and other content, which may catch the attention of elders, with a large group of people liking and commenting them.
1722546925151.png
AI-Generated image on 'Shrimp Jesus'​

DEAD INTERNET THEORY ON SRP?
As you start walking across the city of Karakura, you may notice a large amount of people, scattered across the whole place, either standing in place, going in circles, or moving ever-so slightly. I may just be a little schizophrenic, or I may be onto something...? I believe that the Dead Internet Theory might be real, and that it's slowly starting to take place in our favorite games, taking the fun away. I can see the comments, which will say "It's not possible, because someone has to make them move!" There have been a few clients/mods, which allow the player to move without any input from a human being, only requiring a few client-sided tweaks and commands to be used. As I said earlier, it might just be a new AFK money meta on SRP, me being a little delusional, or the Dead Internet Theory is becoming a reality on our favorite Minecraft Roleplay server.
1722546509650.png
Example of one of those players. I've saw them standing here, moving 1/100th a pixel every second, for a week at his point. Nothing was done to get them to move, tried to talk with them in /looc, hitting them... Nothing worked.
WHAT NEXT?
Well, I don't know. Maybe staff should implement something, where you get kicked after an hour of AFKing...? Or something else to protect themselves from the

Last edited:

astri

Level 112
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
wtf did i just read
but yes i agree every person who plays SRP becomes a bot

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
Hot take: Staff members do not exist, they’re an AI who tries to control us

(don’t ban me for revealing truth pls)

Kidding of course. . . blink blink

Mialyansa

Level 78
Eveything is shit and giggles till this becomes true. Yall dont want srp to become like the bot cesspool twitter is but we should be fine as long as we keep AI away from the server.

Users who are viewing this thread