Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
Most of my time on the server is me spending time with friends or roleplaying. I spend about 4-5 hours a day on SRP, sometimes longer depending on the amount of time I have. I am in vocational school and that takes up my time sometimes. But other than that, I’m mostly free.

Do you have any previous bans?:
N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/✩-moonboops-judge-application-✩.56284/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/muffinnosombrero-hs-council-application.49699/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-application.47917/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-language-application-aoiibxtterfliess.47356/ - Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/judge-kiirobxtterflies-application.47069/ - Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
HS Council President - _astrcphile

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

P.A./Music

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I’ve wanted to become a teacher for a while. I love teaching and mentoring people. I want to be able to make positive impressions on people through education and being a role model. For the subject I am applying for, I haven’t seen many music teachers. I have a love for music and the arts. I was in band in middle school and I often mentored new members or students that were willing to learn. Teaching students about every aspect of music is something I would enjoy. Music is very important and I would love to use and share my knowledge by teaching. This would also give me the opportunity to learn new things myself that I may never have known of or learned.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are important because they ensure that teachers are active and actually teaching classes. These logs are where teachers will log any classes they did that day and what period they did it. They may also be important because if there is a discrepancy on if a teacher taught that day or who taught that day, it will be logged. It could also prove who was present that day and at what time, thus if there is a situation with a student, the teacher in question can be asked about it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
In my perspective, I don’t think you should be too strict with students but should also uphold rules that they must follow. In a classroom setting, I believe the following rules are rules students must follow/I would strongly enforce:

- Have some common sense
- Respect your classmates and peers
- Do not speak unless asked to do so
- Raise your hand if you want to speak
- Do not disrupt class
- No electronics
- And overall, the majority of school rules.

And as a teacher, I would have to follow rules myself. The following rules are things I believe are very important in following, not only as a teacher but as an employee:

- Treat all students and faculty with respect
- Keep personal matters from getting in your way at work
- Be patient with students, each one is unique and they all learn at different paces.
- Remain professional while at work
- Encourage students to learn and grow. Engage with your students. This is not a rule, however I think it's something that is very important when it comes to being a teacher.
- And of course, enforce school rules.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have a few years of experience. I started roleplaying in 2019 and got involved in a number of roleplaying communities, on Discord and on Minecraft. I then joined SRP mid 2021 and have been playing since. I used to mod a few roleplay servers on Discord. Most of them took place in a school setting.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
HD’s are the head of their department or subject matter. They help new teachers with getting started in the faction and assist with training.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Qualified teachers are teachers that have been teaching for a very long time and have a lot of experience under their belts. If the head of department were to leave, they could be chosen to be an HD.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
NQT’s are teachers that just passed training and can now teach their own classes. They must teach for a while and have some experience before they can move up.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Untrained Teacher
↳ Description:
UT’s are teachers that just got hired and/or are currently going through training. They cannot teach their own classes and have to shadow other teachers until they pass training.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

In game, I had a group of friends that taught. OOCly, I have family members that are and were involved in the education system. I haven’t taught myself, other than helping students when I was in my middle school band and helping tutor younger kids after school with homework. Teachers are very important and play a crucial role in a child's development and maturity. At young ages, they teach children the fundamentals of their native language and basic skills they will need to know as they get older. Teachers also help students develop into successful adults and teach valuable information that will help them with their lifelong goals or even their future career. Teachers are also role models and encourage a safe and healthy learning environment for all students, they are to be patient and to help ensure that every single student is learning something, regardless of the pace of which they are learning. They also encourage students to learn more about the world around them and engage in meaningful conversations with students about the topic they are teaching. Teachers are very vital to a student's success. In their spare time, they may make lesson plans if they need to, spend time with their family, or help their own children if they have any. They may also engage in afterschool activities and help students with clubs or sports. In the US, teachers make about a median annual wage of $61,000. In Japan, they earn between ¥300,000 and ¥600,000.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are vital to the server genre, school roleplay. They play a vital role in the health of the school roleplay setting and make the server more realistic. Without teachers, school roleplay would be boring and practically pointless as they are vital to the atmosphere of a school. Just like real life, they allow students to attend classes and offer a variety of roleplay in classrooms. They open an array of creativity and roleplay opportunities for players.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
From my knowledge, teachers can only teach 3-4 classes an OOC day and need about 12 classes hosted each month to stay active. So, teachers could plan to have 3-4 classes a day or they can distribute those days every week if it makes it easier to lesson plan. Also, if teachers exceed the 12 days, in other words they reach 24 classes, they get a pay raise for the month and have a chance of becoming teacher of the month.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Alice Narusaka, an older woman who stands at 5’8” (172 cm ) and weighs 135 lbs (61kg). She has long, well kept blonde hair, paired with blue eyes. Her skin was fair and she usually wore some makeup. She would seem unapproachable due to her somewhat strict nature and how she didn’t smile all that often. She had confidence in her steps and walked with diligence.

Like any other teacher, Alices’ goal is to help her students succeed. She will do everything she can to make sure her students get the education they deserve. Her ultimate goal is to see them pass milestones in their education and go on to be successful citizens of Karakura. She may not seem like she does, but she cares about every student she comes across and believes they all have the potential to do what they want in life. Alice first started substitute teaching before she got a degree and realized that this was something she wanted to do, make an impact on young lives and be not only a teacher, but a role model and mentor.

She has always had a love for music. Her parents were a big influence on her and she participated in her schools’ band growing up. She also understood the importance of music around the world and how it always brings people together. She believes that teaching music is also a way to educate students on different cultures and how it's important that music be appreciated. She finds the development of music fascinating and how it has become what it is today. She wishes to educate but also share her love of music and literature with her students and cultivate a love for music within the school and its students.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Alice would first approach them to see if there was a problem going on. If there was a fight or an argument, she would take care of that and issue the appropriate punishment if it's needed. If they are just in the hallway having a discussion or just talking, she would let them know that the language they are using is not appropriate and tell them to stop. However, if they continue after multiple warnings, she will issue a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
After trying to grab their attention, Alice would raise her voice so they could hear her. She would then tell them all to be attentive and listen to her while she is teaching. If there are students that keep disrupting her class, she will take appropriate action or have them taken out of her class for disruptive behavior.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Alice wouldn’t bud into conversations as that's not professional, she’d also try not to involve herself in drama or office politics. She would remain polite and professional around her co-workers but she wouldn’t mind talking to a co-worker about her day and any other things that have been going on. She may even ask for advice on situations.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Alice would walk into her classroom, writing her name and the plan for the day on the chalkboard. She’d then organize her desk a bit before clearing her throat before calling attention to the students in front of her.

/me While the class was doing an assignment/exam, she would be organizing her classroom a bit and making sure everything was in place. She would put away various books, like books on different genres of music and different instruments.

/me She’d chose a student raising their hand, giving them permission to speak. “What may your question be?” She’d ask, her body and head facing the student, showing she was being attentive and paying attention to what they were going to ask.

/me Looking at the time, she’d address all the students before the bell rang. “I hope you all have a splendid rest of your day. Stay safe please!!” She’d then go back to her desk, looking at what she needed to get prepared before the next period.

Backstory

Alice Narusaka, was born on July 25th, 1981 in Marseille, France. Growing up, her parents were strict. Often enforcing strict rules for her, for example, she couldn’t stay up past 8pm, or her parents take away privileges or disallow her from seeing friends. In spite of this, she was a well behaved student. She never got detention, always turned in assignments, and was never late to school. However, she always felt she wasn’t doing it for herself, but her parents, particularly her mother. Her father wasn’t too strict on her and he often shared his love of music with her and showed her how to appreciate the music of France. As she got older, she followed more and more of her fathers footsteps. Her mother didn’t approve of this and felt her academics were more important than her studying music, thus imposing sanctions and forbidding her from spending too much time with her father. When she entered middle school, she learned about the school band. Peaking her interest, she chose to join the school band and signed up for it. Her mother did everything she could to stop her from doing it, but Alice was determined. She stayed throughout middle and highschool, and realized this is what she wanted to do, that music was her passion, hoping to become a musician one day. Her father supported her all the way, and helped guide her. However, after she graduated highschool, she tried becoming a musician, but she had very little success. By the time she was in her early 20s, her mother was nagging her to get a job, so she did. Alice knew she wanted to share her love with music, but she needed to find another way. After searching for jobs, she decided she would become a substitute teacher. She felt like she could make a big impact on children with music. As the years passed, she had moved to Karakura and married a man that she would divorce a few years later and during that time, she had kids of her own. She soon realized that this is what she wanted to do, become a role model and teacher. Not only for her own kids, but students alike. She knew she could impact students in so many ways and help them become successful adults, like her father did with her and music. She then went to college and earned a bachelors in music.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Alice Narusaka

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Ms.

Given Name(s):
Ali

Preferred Name:
Alice, Ms. Narusaka

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
N/A

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
French

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
12 years

Academic Degree:
Bachelor of Music

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Music Education

Minors:
Music Theory, Literature

Native Languages:
French

Other Languages:
Japanese, Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

There was a player that previously applied with this character, they have quit the server. So from my knowledge, I can apply with this character.

Do you have any questions?:
N/A​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread