mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied derek's private tutor application

DawnLobo

Level 2
[OOC section]

In Game Name: Derek hale

School Employee Role you are Applying For: private-tutor

How often do you log onto the server?: when ever I'm back from school i pretty much always go on srp so ill be on pretty often.

Do you have discord?: yes I do its derekhale#2042 and I do reply to messages straight away when I can and I go on discord everyday after school.

Do you have a microphone?: yes I do have a mic and I have no problem going in a call with anybody.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?: I haven't been banned on the server.

Can you ensure that you will often come on: yes, due to me not having any after school activities.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?: Yes, I'm aware of me being able to get fired if I don't abide the rules, Or when I'm inactive.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: A private-tutor is an instructor who teaches specific subject or skill to the student, or the group of students.
The main purpose of a tutor is to improve the knowledge and skill than in class room setting,
And of course lead them without giving them the answers.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: I'm gonna be a newbie to tutorRP, However OOCLY i got quite some experience, I regularly help my friends with English, Since they have a hard time understanding, and most times they get to the answer themselves, All i do is give them little hints, Since our teacher doesn't help them at all.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I first started roleplaying back in 2018, Throughout the years I have discovered and experienced many ways, with different forms and rules. But ever since I joined the SchoolRP server, I've learned quite a lot, Not only in realistic roleplay, But with roleplaying in general.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: I'm somewhat familiar to what my job does as I regularly help my friends, with NOT ONLY English, I quite often also help them with other classes such as, Engineering, and Physics.
I'm aware a private tutor has to remain patient and calm through-out the process, Not only do i teach them it my way, I also listen and evaluate their way of working, and learning, Give them tips to improve, and help them in what they need the most.

[Situations]

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?: I'd remain calm, as the student is trying to achieve some form of attention, Where i would immediately ask them to stop what they're doing in a friendly manner, If they would continue i would give them a warning, if they continue and ignore my warnings, I would call for some of the other school employees, To take them to the principal office, as I'm trying to explain something to a student.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?: I'd stay calm and see if it wouldn't be better if someone, Qualified to do a job like that, could do it.
If not, for not only my own safety, but also for those around me. If there is no way someone qualified for the job could do it, I would do it, Without asking any more questions.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: I'd stay calm and approach them in a friendly manner, I would ask them what or why they're doing such a thing, Pointing out what they're doing wrong, As it could endanger not only themselves, But also those around them. If they refuse to answer me i would report it to a higher up,
Due to them not taking their job serious.

[IC section]
Applicant Name: 'Derek' X. H.
Chosen Job: private-tutor

Motivation for Joining KHS: My main motivation is my youth, As a kid I've had a hard time with learning certain things, As I quite often needed a private-tutor, and knowing the fear of failing a class, I decided to try and become a private-tutor myself, To help those who need it the most, Making sure they achieve their dreams, I listen carefully to them, explaining what they don't understand, After that giving them the best and easiest explanation for them, so they can understand me better, Giving them an explanation at their own level.
I'm aware that for the job, you need a lot of Patience, Confidence, and Honesty.

But besides me having a hard time learning for certain classes, I also had some classes where I was standing out, Such as English, and art. I would help out my friends, and other classmates as they weren't good in these certain classes.

For English: I would go home with them, As we got home we'd unpack our books, Starting immediately.
I would carefully listen to them explaining what they don't understand, After that I would immediately point out what they were doing wrong, and how to fix and prevent such problems.

For art: Since I always wanted to become an artist I was pretty good at this, I had been doing this for my whole life after all. But my friends.. Let's say, they were bad, Which is a word I don't use frequently.
I would often do little sketches with them, Getting to know their style of art, As they wasn't as good, I would instantly, point out what they were doing wrong and how they could improve it, After some while, when they figured it out, and drawed an magnificent piece. We would show our art teacher, Which admired my work in how I improved them, Take note this would mainly take about 2 to 4 days before they got the hang of it.

Besides that I have family members that motivate me to work at a school like this, since from what I've heard it is quite an amazing school.

Age (Minimum age is 25): 25

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I believe I should be accepted over other applicants as I understand the ways of a private tutor.
Due to my past I know what I should be doing to improve students way of learning, and hopefully improve their overall performance in class. I have quite the experience myself due to me tutoring my friends and classmates, as well as getting tutored myself. Because of all this I know the fear of failing a class and I can fully understand them since I've had the same as them. I'm fully aware of the fact everyone learns in a different way and has different methods to get to their answer, But I could improve their way of thinking by giving them a better method. But that's enough about me, on a more experienced, or even professional note, I understand the concept of what it takes to be a tutor and how to work with students.

D

Deleted member 5455

Denied.
- Please unbold the answers and only keep the questions bolded.
- The positions for the private tutor role are currently full.

Good luck in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread