DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
IGN:

DrainingFeeling
DATE:

05/06/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Making it unable for people to use the command /spawn within the detention room.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

As faculty, (SuitKink), there has been a few people who tend to /spawn when they are within the detention room to avoidRP. This doesn't matter if they finished their task, I believe they should be let out by a faculty member that's supervising the detention room before they are capable of using /spawn. This would benefit the server by avoiding cases of avoidRP and even failRP from happening. There's already a tone of failRP within the detention room, whether its from faculty or students. But the one main thing, is using /spawn within the detention room. I know a while ago, there were spots you weren't able to use /spawn in, so whenever you got stuck, you had to ask Staff for help to TP you out. So knowing how that was possible, if it would still be possible to do something like that, but only specifically for the detention room, would be something to consider.

If this is not at all possible, then that would be completely fine. I just thought I'd make a suggestion about it.

small example from today:
1683380232964.png

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't think this should be handled any differently from any other form of AvoidRP or FailRP, just contact staff and submit evidence of the player breaking rules. As a long time faculty member and student councilor I understand the OOC frustration of someone not properly roleplaying, but it's honestly not difficult to just report it and move on with your day (instead of seething over some random clown in a block game).

Also, common DEADMUN5 L

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1, shouldn’t be too difficult as long as they teleport into the classroom to begin with and aren’t just let in by teachers. Kinda like the jail command. However there will also probably have to be a command to “release” students from detention once they’re done. That can also assist in preventing people from trying to mingle in once you open the doors

Kasien

Level 40
F0llowGh0stface
F0llowGh0stface
Notable
+1/-1
I get it's annoying how people /spawn to get out of the detention room. But when people have to go to sleep or their getting called to do something irl. They would have to leave, when they join back they cant even leave the room?? like.. c'mon.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
A region can just be set up which disables all commands which can be used to escape, similar to how the region for the signal jammer works

+1

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
+1/-1
I get it's annoying how people /spawn to get out of the detention room. But when people have to go to sleep or their getting called to do something irl. They would have to leave, when they join back they cant even leave the room?? like.. c'mon.
they could be asked to leave the room and someone would let them out for them to log

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
Neutral/+1

Obviously, nobody should be able to /SPAWN while in detention, but then in addition there does need to be a way to leave if you are stuck. Obviously, above someone has already mentioned this. I think a fix could be once it turns a certain time in game, you recieve your /spawn command back, if thats possible. If not, just make a sign saying to make a ticket if you are stuck in the future.

DEADMUN5

Level 6
Honestly, I think that is out of context because I was still in the room and I never did /spawn or anything, and you are using me as an example for something that never happened or I did, and you just cropped it to make it look like I did /spawn out when I didn't, and like a message after that I said I was still there and I didn't /spawn out.

TrapstarRp

Level 22
neutral, shouldn't avoidrp but I've had times where all staff just leave me alone in a room and /spawn is needed, or yk, you're just locked in cause you log off at some point, disconnect, etc.

Last edited:

TrapstarRp

Level 22
Honestly, I think that is out of context because I was still in the room and I never did /spawn or anything, and you are using me as an example for something that never happened or I did, and you just cropped it to make it look like I did /spawn out when I didn't, and like a message after that I said I was still there and I didn't /spawn out.
#NOTGUILTY

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
this had nothing against you though! it was just an example

heyitsgwendy

Level 9
heyitsgwendy
heyitsgwendy
Fundraiser
+1/-1

I can see how it would be useful, but if I remember correctly, when someone is kicked from a class, they’re sent to the detention room. If this were to be implemented, it could lead to situations where someone is kicked from a class after they accidentally joined the wrong one, for example, so they get sent to the detention room, but now they’re stuck there until the end of the day, or whenever someone comes to let them out. This problem could be solved, though, by either changing where people are sent when they’re kicked from a class, or adding a command to leave a class on your own, thereby removing the need for people to be kicked like that in the first place.

(If people don’t get sent to the detention room when they’re kicked anymore, ignore this whole reply and pretend I just said +1)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Please contact staff if someone in detention just uses /spawn to avoid roleplaying. We will be adding a new system for faculty and council to report In-Character detention issues later this month.​

Users who are viewing this thread