Rich
IGN:
memerchan
DATE:

23/09/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Create a role in the academics server for a tryout ping
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I'm apart of the faculty so I can't mute the server and when I get pinged for tryouts for sports and things like that it really annoys me because I'm never interested in them and I'm unable to join any of the sport teams because of my roles. I have the college role on my main account and I don't play on grade 12's or under so whenever I get pinged for a bobcat tryout it just is a nuisance
Doing this would also keep things more organized in my opinion​

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
+1

Im in both college and hs, but i don't wanna join fucking "hs male track team" when i play female chars. If this were to happen, maybe have it split between male and female??

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
You can mute the specific channel if you are faculty, however. If you're college and don't have a HS account, maybe having a role for college tryout ping would be good. Same for the HS.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Suppress the channel, this isn’t needed
You still get pinged even if the channel is suppressed. If I'm wrong, please explain to me how you go about doing it (because muting the channel and setting notifications to "Nothing" does not achieve the desired effect).

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
You still get pinged even if the channel is suppressed. If I'm wrong, please explain to me how you go about doing it (because muting the channel and setting notifications to "Nothing" does not achieve the desired effect).

Turn both on

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable

Turn both on
Doesn't work, just as I said in my original message. I even tested this in a private server of mine by doing exactly what you said on an alt, tagged my main (with both @ everyone and the name) and it still pings. The only way to disable @ everyone pings is by doing so through the server settings, but doing so would also silence the announcements channel, something I do actually care about.

After browsing through numerous different threads on reddit or other forums, I've come to the conclusion that you cannot suppress @ everyone pings in individual channels. This thread from the discord support website (dated 5 years ago, though people have commented on it as recently as 6 months) describes the issue in full, and according to this response specifically, it was Discord's intention for it to be this way.

The end-user cannot solve this problem on their own, and if a server wants to allow players to choose whether or not they want to be pinged in specific channels, they will need to implement a way themselves. It would not be hard for SRP to add a new role selection in #roles which grants access to the #tryouts channel.

Barbie_

Level 27
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
+1
It isn't hard to implement a try-out role that would work the same as highschool or college role :D And it's definitely useful

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 Implementing this may save you 1 or 2 discord pings, but is thst really that much of an issue? Having a seperate tryout role with decrease the amount of people attending any of those tryouts that are posted and will put teams on a decline again. Everyone already gets heaps of unnecessary pings from gang discords (i got two whilst writing this), one or two a week isn't that bad for school tryout events.

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
+1 sometimes it's like 5 pings a day. If it's possible, everyone could have tryout pings enabled by default and could optionally disable them with a reaction role.. idk

Users who are viewing this thread