mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Diseases Plugin Suggestion

Soap

Level 7
IGN: Iwashmysoap
DATE: 21/07/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: So, this is probably a unique suggestion that crossed my mind since now diseases can't be applicable anymore. So now I am suggesting a plugin that would make SchoolRP unique a whole new level and gives a fun experience to every roleplayer, to increase a sense of drama and other advantages, which would be probably the best for the EMS, and other reasons since so far on SRP, it's extremely rare me finding someone dying from a natural cause or more of disease wise, or getting serious diseases in general, since my 4 years time on SRP.

Basically, this diseases plugin would be similar to the /drunk plugin which would basically give players diseases randomly. This can be diseases as simple as the common flu, or as serious as Cancer and AIDS, even though AIDS might be hard to make as a disease since the plugin would'nt notice if you blood donated or have participated in sexual intercourse. Each disease would have it's own symptoms and causes, and to make this simplified, lets go to the common flu.

The Common Flu usually is caused when you get a cold, either from not being warm at home and took a cold, or can be like swimming at a cold night then still getting exposed to water and not drying up. When you get affected, symptoms would start to occur, this would be for example:
Nausea
Coughing
Sneezing
Vomiting
Headaches.
Dizziness and Etc.

Some effects would be affected plugin, for example vomiting and nausea can be caused like having the nausea and throwing up effect like when you have drunk alot, and for example coughing and sneezing would affect chat for example: "Hello, *COUGH COUGH* Ronald *ACHOO*"

Now, these diseases should be randomly coming mostly than being affected by the environment, however the environment can be a cause of speeding up the diseases case.

Moving on to the /diseases plugin itself, the PLAYER should not know what disease he has been classified from. However he should only see the symptoms so he can visit the Hospital and get informed by the doctors themselves. In addition to that, the plugin should include three important information to the symptoms or the disease itself once its been classified by the doctors, by allowing the doctors to give the disease name to you after doing whatever they're doing. These two informations should be, is this disease LETHAL and/or INFECTIOUS and the Surivival rate If the disease is Lethal then the character would have a less survival rate, however the disease should come like 1/1000 probability, to not get your favorite character killed, or atleast the survival rate would be high once new to the disease and took medications, if the survival rate drops 0% at some point, then sooner or later your character would die. Infectious happens if someone is affected and is close to a player from a radius, however I know many people would want to infect people just to piss them off, so there should be a KPD/EMS rule of someone being quarantined, or else they'll be arrested/ home arrested/ placed in a special hospital, or an OOC rule in general.

Coming to the last point, getting cured. The doctors would prescribe you medicine and a few actions like Radiotherapy and etc. The medicine would be consumed like alcohols for example. For diseases like Common Cold you should take a few pills and the pills would give you a message on chat for example:

If cured: Congratulations! You are now cured from the Common flu!
if still carrying the disease: You have took the (Medicine name) but unfortunately still suffer from (disease name)

There should be a /disease cooldown for the medicine to be taken again, to prevent overdose, and if the player overdoses from the medicine, they would either be cured early but risk their health to a worse disease, or simply die from overdose.

Lastly, factors should affect diseases strength for example age, and such, HOWEVER diseases should be optional so people don’t get salty over their characters dying for example if they’re in a cold environment for long a message should pop up like “Seems like you’re starting to get cold, Do you wish to have the common flu? Or if you’re old you can enable and disable diseases since pretty much an old person would be weak at that age.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! and Feel free to comment and give your opinions and other suggestions regarding this!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread