mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Do y'all have any tips for joining conversations?

ErikFinster

Level 137
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Oh~ huh. I usually just act out what my character would do in their day to day life. Immerse yourself:
Simply go to school, get lost looking for specific places, sit down next to a person you don't know, ask a struggling person if they need assistance, etc... This is usually enough to aggravate people into approaching me, or asking you questions, or be thankful for helping out. When your character is extroverted, be extroverted. When your character is curious - be a snoopy little detective. When your character is always hungry, be a little hungry caterpillar. Just roleplay your characters' distinctive personality. People will find you annoying or interesting. It's up to them to decide.

DarkEclipic

Level 166
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I would say when it comes to joining conversations or making friends icly is to just be yourself as your character. Put yourself in that situation and replay how YOU would, There are families out there that are accepting more members or you can always just DM the family head and ask them questions or see if they would help you(I do this to people who are new to the server as to give them the basics and then let them run free with said knowledge)! Have a nice chat with people around school time or in the plaza to see how their day is going and things like that! This is at least how I got started on SRP.

Don't rush things either! sometimes it takes a bit to find people that you vibe with, I always tell my family that helping out new players is something that is the right thing to do as we all have been new players to the server before. We all know how it went and how bad it could get based on how the server is, stick with those who are kind and nice to you! and when it comes to like school time, TALK WITH FACULTY MEMBERS OR THE STUDENT BODY!!!! And always remind yourself, YOU GOT THIS!! don't give up just keep trying.

sskrllx

Level 3
Oh~ huh. I usually just act out what my character would do in their day to day life. Immerse yourself:
Simply go to school, get lost looking for specific places, sit down next to a person you don't know, ask a struggling person if they need assistance, etc... This is usually enough to aggravate people into approaching me, or asking you questions, or be thankful for helping out. When your character is extroverted, be extroverted. When your character is curious - be a snoopy little detective. When your character is always hungry, be a little hungry caterpillar. Just roleplay your characters' distinctive personality. People will find you annoying or interesting. It's up to them to decide.
Tysm! (: I usually try doing going up to people and asking simple questions. That or I just say how I LOVE their outfit. It's either we end up talking or I just leave because I'm not sure what else to say afterwards. My character is still developing so I'm not really sure how to go about it. And yes people will find my character annoying sometimes but then again that's fine! not every is going to like him, Am I going to force them to? no! When it comes to talking to people it's just the fact I don't know what to say unless they come talk to ME first and start a conversation. I am trying to learn how to do that though.

I would say when it comes to joining conversations or making friends icly is to just be yourself as your character. Put yourself in that situation and replay how YOU would, There are families out there that are accepting more members or you can always just DM the family head and ask them questions or see if they would help you(I do this to people who are new to the server as to give them the basics and then let them run free with said knowledge)! Have a nice chat with people around school time or in the plaza to see how their day is going and things like that! This is at least how I got started on SRP.

Don't rush things either! sometimes it takes a bit to find people that you vibe with, I always tell my family that helping out new players is something that is the right thing to do as we all have been new players to the server before. We all know how it went and how bad it could get based on how the server is, stick with those who are kind and nice to you! and when it comes to like school time, TALK WITH FACULTY MEMBERS OR THE STUDENT BODY!!!! And always remind yourself, YOU GOT THIS!! don't give up just keep trying.
Joining a family is probably the best option for me as it'll help me interact with more people OOCly and ICly. I'm a person who doesn't know how to start conversations first, both ICly and OOCly so it's kind of hard for me. I did make my first friend (ICly) though by talking to them lmao, The thing that worries me the most is actually talking with them for a really long time. Because either it can end a bit badly (if you say sth stupid and it offends them) or it can end up going good and you continue talking.

+ When it comes to talking to people. I usually try and find somebody that looks like they'd have a nice character. It's the male's that scare me honestly LMFAO like they look so badass and for what? so do the girl's but I really love talking with them a bit more. And as for faculty? I used to do that and I'll try to start again! I had an older character that would ask how their day was going, if they ate anything, telling them how much I love their outfit, etc. Newer players are my best option as far as I'm seeing it but I do see it as quite fun if you're teaching a new person how to play and giving them some knowledge on the server so they can have fun as well. but tysm <3

Users who are viewing this thread