lobsterrdog (main)
lobsterrgod (alt)

What is your discord name & tag?:
lobsterrdog
(no tag due to new update)

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
If I could describe my activity on a scale of 1-10 I would give myself a 9/10. I'm online every day after school from, roughly, 4pm-10pm. However, on non-school days, I'm on till 10am-11pm, though Sundays are tricky as I may be offline or have spotty activity due to religious reasons. Overall, I am on every single day of the week for at least a few hours if I don't have anything IRL interfering with me. Not to mention that with summer vacation coming very soon my activity will skyrocket with all my newfound free time.

What is your timezone?:
EST+1

List your current and past applications:
lobstahdawg (applying account)
Service Dog Application [Accepted]
Service Dog Application 2 [Accepted]
lobsterrdog
French Language Application [Accepted]
JSL Language Application [Accepted]
Third Language Application [Accepted]
Russian Language Application [Denied]
Russian Language Application 2 [Accepted]
lobsterrgod
JSL Language Application [Accepted]
Caretaker Application [Accepted]
Russian Language Application [Accepted]

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
A lot of my roleplay experience before SRP was limited to fantasy-style tabletop roleplay games such as Dungeons and Dragons or Call of Cthulhu that I ran with my friends and sometimes, although rarely, with random people online. I would most often not play as the dungeon master but create roleplay scenarios for my groups, leading them through my hand-crafted fantasy worlds with colorful descriptions and improving my way through another successful session.

Now, on SRP, I’ve found my way into the various kinds of roleplay that SRP has to offer. I’ve been extremely involved with FamilyRP and RomanceRP, as have most people. I've had multiple characters that have had their fair share of relationships, quarrels, and eventual breakups. With my FamilyRP experience, I was able to manage a small, closed family called the Clément Family as the family lead before I eventually disbanded it due to OOC reasons. Nevertheless, I still enjoy being able to roleplay something as simple as building a relationship, especially as characters with personalities that differ greatly from my own.

I’ve been involved with AnimalRP as a psychiatric service dog for a wonderful and informed handler. I often have to DetailRP performing Deep Pressure Therapy to calm the handler during meltdowns or episodes, preventing the handler from stimming in harmful ways, and generally just learning to deal with stressful situations when you are simply playing as a dog with swarms of people surrounding your panicked handler. My time as a service dog was unfortunately very repetitive with needing to do very similar procedures, though I can't deny the enjoyment I had been able to detail such tasks.

I’ve recently been accepted into the school faculty faction as a caretaker, so I’ve been able to experience SchoolRP from the 'other side'. I've had a plethora of experience defusing and sorting out situations with students arguing, fighting, and doing downright strange things to each other and my character. When I'm not breaking up fights, calming down students, or participating in FacultyRP on my breaks, I enjoy being able to DetailRP the other mundane tasks that caretakers are needed for, such as tidying up around the school or cleaning up messes left behind by students, no matter how strange or gross they are.

I’ve been involved with a small bit of GangRP since joining the newly reformed Anarchy, but after I left, I created and managed a small gang of my own. GangRP's fast-paced, make-it-or-break vibe was insanely stressful for me at first as someone who had next to no GangRP experience before I joined, but I can't deny how fun it was to roleplay some of the situations we found ourselves in. Attending training was the most fun when I was allowed to actually take the time to detail out my actions and properly painRP rather than something as simple as "/me punches them in the jaw" or just using the same detailed keybind over and over again. After I left Anarchy, I committed myself to my own gang, which mostly engages in DelinquentRP! For the most part, we’re a simple Hello Kitty-inspired P2L gang that focuses more on roleplaying than constantly finding activity.

And finally, I've developed and refined the bulk of my DetailRP skills within the sports faction on the swim team. The teams, such as the swim, track, or cheer, are detailRP HEAVEN! Everything the swim team does is DetailRP from stretches to swim strokes and dives. We detail every single action we do. And I love it! I can't deny that at first it was intimidating to see these large blocks of text flood my screen at the first team practice, but after that first lesson, I found myself detailing everything along with my team members. My wonderful captain makes sure to switch it up and forces some of us to do research on some specific swim-related things for mandatory practice so it's never a bore!

What is your motivation for applying?
I want to do more things and expand my horizons as a role-player, so I've been eyeing the CityRP faction a lot as my way to break free from the limited roleplay situations I have as a grade 12, a caretaker, and a service dog where most of my interactions are school related. After IC school I don’t really have much to do and the CityRP scene, especially the Hospital faction, seems to have a constant stream of things to do, so I believe it could bring a lot of fulfillment to my roleplaying experience that I have been craving.

Which role are you applying for?
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
To be frank, I have limited OOC medical knowledge, but I am going to attend college with a major in biology this fall and I’m planning on studying to get a medical degree in the future. Even with my lack of knowlege im a speedy learner, I am open and willing to learn as much as I can now from this experience and will be taking a copious amount of notes IC during training. Below is my basic IC knowledge of the different roles.

Surgeon
As the name implies a surgeon is a medical professional who performs surgical procedures for patients in need of them. They are necessary for evaluating the patient's physical health before and after the surgery, repairing or replacing organs, and replace missing limbs, and generally just performing life-altering procedures that improve patients' quality of life. They work an extremely grueling job that requires exceptional hand-to-eye coordination and exceptional motor skills. With this impressive set of skills, they need a much longer training time than the others.

Doctor
Doctors may seem to have a simple and straightforward job within the hospital compared to their medical counterparts, but their skills aren't to be underestimated. Doctors may perform simple check-ups, but they're also pivotal in diagnosing complex and dangerous diseases. Doctors are in charge of their patient's physical well-being by examining, diagnosing, and prescribing their patients accordingly. Doctors attend to the tasks that surgeons or psychiatrists don't.

Psychiatrist
They are mental health professionals that specialize in identifying, diagnosing, and supporting their patients’ mental and emotional needs. They must be knowledgeable in a plethora of mental and emotional disorders along with their own medical specialty in order to properly help their patients deal with their issues. Psychiatrists provide a safe space for their patients to allow them to freely express their emotions in order to get the best results possible. In this profession, they provide therapy and mental evaluations for their patients.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I understand and acknowledge this fact.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Affirmative, I understand the dedication that goes into being a part of the hospital staff.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Certainly, I understand this and will make sure this doesn't become an issue.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I understand this at all times while roleplaying.

Aesthetic Twitter Header-5.png
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Graig Jeff Higglebottom

Character’s Gender and Pronouns: Transman, He/him

Character’s Age (if accepted): 39

Character’s Academic Background
Doctor in Medicine
Bachelor in Biology
Minor in Visual Arts

Character’s Nationality: Scottish American

Character’s Marital Status: Divorced

Character’s Religious Denomination: Catholic

Character’s Spoken Languages: Japanese and Gaelic (will apply if accepted)

Backstory
Graig J. Higglebottom was born in the north of England, close to the border of Scotland, in a town called Berwick-upon-Tweed, on June 9th, 1984. He learned English alongside his studies at St Mary's Church of England First School — the primary school he attended. He made lots of friends since he was a social butterfly, so being around people and making friends was always his strong suit! After primary school, he attended Berwick Middle, quickly finding a passion for art and dreamed of becoming a professional painter when he grew up. He took art at GCSE and, despite his initial regret at how technical some of the language was, he eventually found himself enjoying the subject thoroughly, and ended up coming out with an A. After this, he attended Northumberland College, taking art, biology, and math, seeing as the latter two were his other highest grades at GCSE.

At college, he made friends with a Japanese transfer student, Kenzo, after finding that they were excluded due to the lack of diversity in the college at the time, despite it being the early 2000s. The two become fast friends despite their fairly clashing personalities, Graig with a permanent smile on his face, cracking jokes at every turn, and Kenzo always stoic and brooding. Despite the personality differences, the two meshed together surprisingly well! Graig got through college without too much difficulty, doing spectacularly well on his art A-level. In fact, Graig did so well to the point he got an offer from an American art school to attend there, and he took the offer without a second thought, excited to finally get the chance to pursue his dreams of fine art. He moved to America with his best friend, Kenzo, their friendship had only grown over the years becoming absolutely inseparable to the point they decided to move in together to study in America, as Kenzo also got an offer to study at a law school pretty close to the art school that Graig was going to attend.

Graig studied at the School of Art Institute of Chicago while Kenzo studied at the University of Chicago Law School. Graig studied for about a year before dropping out under the pressure of his parents, who wanted him to do something more 'useful' with his life instead of just 'drawing silly pictures'. After much deliberation with his best friend, they both eventually decided that it would be good for Graig to attend medical school, and he ended up enrolling there and studying for four years. During these four years, Graig and Kenzo began dating and got married at the end of Graig’s time at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Additionally, Graig had an internship as a doctor in a nearby nursing home, in which he became close friends with some of the residents there as he enjoyed his sunny attitude in the generally dreary and dull environment. He was sad to leave after he got his medical degree, but they all wished him well, forever missing his bright smile.

It was after Graig began working at the nearest hospital, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, for his required residency to specialize in family medicine that he started realizing that he was transgender. The lack of knowledge about the topic meant he didn’t realize that there was a word for the dysphoria he was feeling and that there were others who were just like him. During his first year of residency, he came out to Kenzo and his fellow coworkers, who thankfully accepted him and respected the frankly strange name he chose for himself: Graig. He lived happily at the start of his social transition until he accidentally came out to his parents over the phone on their bi-weekly phone calls. Unfortunately, that was the last he heard from them. They did not accept him. He fell into a depressive state for a few months, before being pressured to go to therapy by Kenzo, eventually learning how to cope with his parents cutting him off.

When Graig decided to consult one of his coworkers about potentially getting top surgery, they told him the average price of the procedure and quickly realized that the pay from his current job would not be enough to cover both the surgery and his schooling prices, so he enlisted in the army after much discussion about their finances and their future with his husband. They said their emotional farewells before Graig enlisted, promising to write letters and call as much as they possibly could. He was placed at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington where he continued his last required year of residency. The first year went well, learning about quick first aid due to his experience in medical environments, became a general technician to have something to do around the base, but also applied to be a combat medical technician, just in case he was ever deployed.

He was unfortunately deployed.

And war isn’t kind. Bombs, explosions, death, death, death. It was, in the simplest terms, the most traumatizing experience of Graig’s life. After serving for five consecutive years in this war that had nothing to do with him, he was finally honorably discharged due to his injuries. He suffered severe hearing loss and had a large burn scar that spanned across his entire left arm from a tragic encounter with a bomb. When he came home to America, he was immediately thrown back into therapy, where he was diagnosed with PTSD. Around the same time, he was reunited with Kenzo, who, while emotional and happy to see that Graig was alive, Kenzo filed for divorce within six months of Graig’s return. He claimed it was because being apart from Graig had left him to rethink his life and how he regrets getting married so young. He wanted to live a life and find others to love just as he loved Graig, which Graig (though broken-hearted) accepted and understood.

A year passed, and Graig decided instead of living life alone as a war veteran at the age of thirty-five, he wanted to become a doctor again, in a less hectic environment than the army, so he moved to Japan for a fresh start. After living with Kenzo for most of his adult life, he’d learned the basics of Japanese in order to become closer to his lover, and wanted to test these skills in the real world, instead of just in the comfort of their old home. Turns out he was absolutely terrible at speaking Japanese, and while living in one of the quieter main cities, he polished up his skills and within two years, he was fluent. During this, he ended up working at a small doctor's office and treated people with a bright smile. Most of them didn’t even care about his scars, a lot commenting on how brave he must’ve been, they all held a lot of respect for him and rarely pitied him, which was a pleasant change from living in Chicago, as everywhere he went he got pitiful looks from those around him. As much as he enjoyed the kind words he got due to his scars he didn't really enjoy seeing them with the horrific memories they held, so he made the tough decision of getting a cover-up tattoo for it. Finding a tattoo artist in his small Japanese town was even harder than deciding he wanted one in the first place, but with his connections to various people throughout the military, he was able to find the perfect artist in a city not too far away. He got a tattoo recreation of the painting that got him into art school, a beautiful unicorn with an eagle piercing through its horn.

It was only when he heard of an even smaller town that he considered moving. He loved the town he’d settled in but wanted to help out in a place that needed it most, so with a heavy heart and a head full of warnings from his friends about the crime and strangeness of Karakura, he moved there in search of a job as a doctor.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Choosing a medical specialty wasn't hard in the slightest. Graig knew since day one he wanted to focus on family medicine. Its appeal of being able to help out a single person or even a whole family, being their primary form of care, and truly improving their life one visit at a time really spoke to him. Not to mention specializing in a single body part or organ felt like he would be limiting his ability to help people.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Graig began his residency at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Illinois, Chicago for three years and finished his residency during his time in the military at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. It was a long 4 years to complete his full residency, but Graig is thankful for all the experience he learned.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Before joining the army Graig had an internship where he worked at a nursing home and cared for old people, it was mostly just making sure they got their proper dose of medicine at the right times and trying to brighten their relatively dull lives. After joining the army he was a physician during his medical residency, giving general checkups to on and off-duty soldiers to make sure they were still in the best shape to continue or start their deployment. He was also a technical medic for soldiers during his own deployment so he’s seen his fair share of gruesome injuries that needed immediate help and has worked alongside his fellow medics to be able to bring aid to those in need, soldiers and civilians alike.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No, although he did drop out after one year of art school since his parents refused to financially support his education if he didn’t go to school for something ‘useful’, which brought him to medical school. He doesn’t regret his choice though since he still finds a fulfilling life out of his career.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Graig J. Higglebottom is a tall and sturdy Scottish man standing 5'10 with a strong and sturdy figure that some might qualify as a "dad bod” despite Graig's lack of children. He would have deep, dark black hair with thick streaks of pale, almost white, gray hair. His hair would cascade down his back with any stray strands being tucked behind his ear. Behind his dark curly locks, a clear hearing aid would be almost hidden from view. His eyes would shine a deep, dark brown and hopefully bring comfort to anyone who views them. This cool brown skin bore freckles that scattered across his skin when he was in the sun too long and wrinkles which showed evidence of his age. You can practically hear the smile in his booming voice, laced with his barely contained Scottish accent when he speaks.

All down his left arm and up to his left pec would be a tattoo that he got to cover up the healed burned scars he got while on duty in a horrific accident. The tattoo would be a recreation of his own painting of a unicorn. This tattoo would be completely hidden from view during work hours for professionalism's sake, but he wouldn't be afraid to show it off outside of work hours and ramble on and on about it to anyone who would give him the time of day. Even though he was divorced he still wore his dazzling silver-banned Aventurine-encrusted wedding ring. Engraved into the band where the final words of his ex-husband's vows "I will love you till the sun stops spinning.'' He would always run his thumb across the grooves of the engraved text when he was stressed or nervous.

Graig may be an artist, but fashion isn't his forte. Most of Graig's closet consisted of button-ups with various patterns or graphics on them- he's not that creative when it comes to dressing himself up. He loved anything with a splash of color since it brought less attention to any paint splatters that may have gotten onto any of his clothes. At work, he's fine with wearing just the uniform, but still decorates his lanyard as much as he's allowed to with various pins or buttons placed on his lanyard and stickers covering the back of his ID, though placed carefully so as not to cover any important information that may need to be visible.

GRAIG HIGGLEBOTTOM.png

2023-06-22_23.45.59.jpeg
How does your character act on and off duty?
When on duty, Graig is chipper but keeps professional, always wanting to make people feel as safe and comfortable as possible. He’s often found with a huge grin on his face no matter how boring or scary the task he’s performing is, as he wants to be able to smile through every occasion to bring the people around him at ease. He would always give various stickers of cartoon characters to his patients after any check-up. However, when dealing with snippy or rude people he won't allow himself, his co-workers, or innocent patients to be pushed around. He wouldn't ever drop his smile or his cheery tone as he told off anyone who was rude or causing a ruckus.

When you catch him off duty, he’s the most excitable, flashy, flamboyant guy ever. You can see him smiling from a mile away and hear him from two. He's a lot more direct and blunt with people than he is when on duty, but he still keeps his jolly smile across his face at all times. He's just as sociable off-duty as he is on duty and still has his pockets stuffed with stickers that he loves to stick everywhere.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
He loves working with other people, he finds that being around others is always pleasant! Graig loves to be able to bounce ideas off someone else during a group project or get additional input on something. He has always been quite the people person, so even if he’s working on something on his own, he’ll still want some company to chat with or enjoy the comfortable silence of being with another person. Graig is at his best with others, co-workers, and patients alike.

What plans does your character have for the future?
This would be a pretty big question for Graig since he has such simple desires. All he wants is to help people to the best of his abilities til he’s forced to retire. After that, he may settle down in a cozy home surrounded by his paintings with a dog and family to keep him company. He dreams of growing old to be a silly grandpa that tells stories of his youth and drops random snippets of wisdom that will change the course of his grandchildren's life forever.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
At first glance, Graig may seem like an intimidating figure with his large build and seemingly gruff appearance, but even after the simplest of chats, their perception of him would rapidly shift. They would either see him as increasingly annoying for his flashy and flamboyant personality or endearingly cheerful and charismatic for all the same reasons.

Graig sees himself as just a fun-loving guy who wants to brighten people’s days! He always tries to see the best in people, so he hopes others do the same. He tries to keep a bright smile on his face at all times and stay as positive as possible despite all that he's been through. Graig doesn't think about himself much, much rather enjoys learning about others.

Additional Info (edit): On the account I am applying on I currently hold the animal whitelist and I’m fully aware that it will need to be removed if I am accepted. I would prefer if the whitelist was moved to my alternate spot on my character profile.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread