Neeryu

Level 0
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
Neeryu

What is your discord username? @neeryu

Describe your activity on the server:
I tend to play almost every day, ranging between 10am & 1am. Being in college (but it’s not taking much time), I also have multiple openings during the day to play, even on weekdays. However, I may have few days where I need to focus on work so I would log on for no more than half an hour. Hence, I’d rate my activity around 8/10.

What is your timezone?:
November – March: UTC+1
April – October: UTC+2

List your current and past applications:
Language application [French] | ACCEPTED
Language application [JSL] | ACCEPTED

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

I’m experienced with pure online roleplay for 7 years and a half, during middle and high school mostly.
What I mean by “pure roleplay” is that no rolling was involved at all, and it was based on fair-play and realism from the players. I would play on Minecraft on Creative servers where I built an entire school and its facilities (School, Dormitories, Swimming Pool, Theater, Stadium, Park, Cafeteria, and Exam/Special Class facilities), the plot is still public and accessible. I also played for a long time on Instagram group discussions, where anyone could create any character. I quickly became close with players who were roleplaying better than dodging every and any attack, or basically FailRP, Godmodding, Powergaming and Metagaming all at once. Since there weren’t any rolling, we had to make every scene in P2L. Aside from being a player for these 7 years and a half, I also began leading sessions and writing universes for players as a game master, for about 5 years up until now. I notably wrote a campaign that went on for around a year, and came to a conclusive (satisfying) end.
Here is a glimpse of one universe I proposed to players, as well as a screenshot of few characters I wrote backstories for.

Please note that:
I did not do the art; all credits belong to the artists.
The text in the screenshot is an automatic translation by Instagram from my original text written in French (my native language), please be kind regarding mistranslations.
Few words that weren’t translated: Règles = Rules, “Conscience” = Character sheet, HRP = OOC, PR = RP, RP Roman= DetailRP/3rd Person RP.

Consciences.jpg

RP_1.jpgRP_2.jpg

I then proceeded during my college years to join a roleplaying student association (from which I am currently the general secretary), where I experienced tabletop roleplaying for 2 years and a half now.
The main universe/set of rules I’m currently playing in is Call of Cthulhu, a horror/paranormal/mystery/investigation-oriented kind of roleplaying. In a nutshell, combats would be against beings that are not supposed to even exist for the players, so they have to avoid fighting as much as possible, preferring advanced strategies, reasoning, and investigating beforehand. It’s the kind of universe where we will favor roleplay interaction and puzzles rather than blind brute fighting.
I’m a player for these 2 years and a half, but also have been a full-time game master for 2 years now. I have written a full campaign consisted of 5 sub-scenarios named respectively The Night of the Archaeologists, Wheatfield, The Missing Ones from Plystone, The Lost Souls, and Puppet Lands. I mostly base my writing of the music I listen to. ^^
Most of my tabletop roleplaying sessions last for 4 hours for one-shots, but are about 10-hours sessions for campaigns (we play overnight).

Last but not least: LARP, or Live-Action RolePlaying, for about 2 years and a half as well (same association context).
If you’re not familiar with it, LARP is about roleplaying ICly but IRL as well. For a whole weekend, you and about a hundred other players wear costumes and chat, eat, sleep ICly for these ~48 hours. Fights are to be made with weapons replicas (in latex for most) and are based on technique but mostly theater, in full improvisation.
I currently train in LARP fighting for an hour and a half every week, with some additional training here and there (last was this saturday, for 4 complete hours lmao, I’m tired please help).
I’ve experienced both PC (Playable Character) and NPC LARP weekends: regarding the benefits for SRP I would say about the whole Metagaming part. In LARP, we can’t hide a lot of OOC things. For example, NPCs moving from one location to another with their fist raised (meaning that they do not exist ICly) to set up an ambuscade, you must ignore them, not tell anyone about them ICly, and eventually fall into their ambuscade since you (the player) know about it, but not your character. Basically, it requires quite a huge amount of control over metagaming/fair-play. I'm becoming quite a master at purposefully forgetting OOC intel that my character should not know, and that's actually strange to do.
The second most interesting thing about LARP is how much players' “emotional security” matters. Safe words/signs, security OOC announcements and safe zones are a basic. For that, I am also to be very considerate regarding how someone may want or not to interpret a RP scene and, if necessary, proceed to F2B. Not all subjects are for everyone.

What is your motivation for applying?
Aside from my pure obsession over roleplaying which may be kind of obvious by now, I tend in all my experiences to favor medical roleplay. I think this specific kind of roleplaying is really fulfilling because it’s the type to allow many RP interactions with any kind of people. It doesn’t matter if you’re a model student, a criminal, or living on the street, you may need one day some medical help. And it’s not some kind of basic help such as lending a pen, but rather quite a difference you can make in their character’s life.
I love variety & interactions, and that’s precisely what the Hospital working field can offer to me.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Regarding the Hospital Work on SRP, my knowledge is very limited. However, I am willing to learn, since I am aware that it is a natural process in getting accustomed to the Hospital Work.
I am aware of the existence of a hierarchy, and of multiple roles we can apply for, such as Doctor, Psychiatrist, and with further application to the Director and/or Chief Paramedics, Paramedic. As explained in the roleplay documents I went through, I also do know that some medical items are to be sold with or without prescription, and have different requirements, effects, and side effects (as it is OOCly). Some can be prescribed by Doctors only, some by Psychiatrists only, and some by both.
I know the basics of pain medication, antibiotics and such, even though I still have to get a feel of how precise I should be with prescriptions. For instance, some drugs have slighlty different functions based on my personal knowledge, but I do know that, for the well-being of the server, being too precise can sometimes be a problem as well, because it has an impact on other players’ experiences. As of today, I plan to stick only by the roleplay documents available as the 'only truth', until I get a better feeling of what are the boundaries of precision.

Most of my Hospital Work knowledge is actually based on my OOC knowledge. About half of my family is in the health field, and I believe that having suffered so many meals while listening to detailed hospital anecdotes may be of some use here! I also have worked for few months in a (real) hospital as administrative staff, even though most of the knowledge I gained there was way too specific to, either the hospital I was in (such as phone numbers), or the way French healthcare works. I do believe that it will be necessary anyway for me to learn all over the way Karakura’s hospital field works around.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, as it is necessary for the well-being of both the Hospital & SRP: I will be responsible of my actions, and comprehensive of any external circumstances involved.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Of course!

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I do.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Absolutely, it is something I’m well acquainted with throughout my long roleplaying experiences.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:
Mei Miura

Character’s Gender and Pronouns: Male, He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted): 28 years old

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
Grade -12

Character’s Nationality: Japanese

Character’s Marital Status: Single

Character’s Religious Denomination: Agnostic (one that think that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God)

Character’s Spoken Languages: Japanese (Default); French; JSL

Backstory (100+ Words)
Mei Miura was born as the third child of your typical Japanese family. Being a “surprise baby”, his parents were quite old when he was born, and both his siblings were already about 15 years old, which did not pose any problem regarding their kinship, since they were the ones to take care of Mei most of the time. In fact, his father was almost always overseas for business trips, while his mother spent most of her free time outside of the home. He never got to know what she was doing out there.

[…]
A few strands of pitch-black wet hair falling upon his shoulders, the boy was playing with a bright yellow rubber duck in the bathtub. As the water was splashing all around him way beyond the limits of the bathtub, a gentle hand swiftly grabbed the strands of hair to tie them up with yet another hairpin.
“You know, Mei, if you move around that much in the water, it won’t be long until the entire room will be flooded and made your bathtub…”
A crystal-clear giggle resonated in the bathroom.

“Pshh, you’re one mischievous child, aren’t you? Now, you still must be clean when r̸̭̃̎̅͑͑̏͛̈́̌̕è̷̡̨͚̟̦̰̹̩̘͇̱̜͚̪̭̂̈́̌͜͝ͅͅͅḓ̴̺͈̩̗̬̼͎̭̰̠̮̲̜̱͕͕̖̟̯̮̽̏̿̓͗͂̚͠ȁ̸̧̧̨̭̩͇̠̼͇̳̞͕̝̯̙͇͍͔͉̏̑͜͜͜ç̷̯̮̝̝̳͍͔̰̩̇͑̅͑̈́͆ť̶̡̨͇͚̯̰̞͉͎̲̣̲̥̳̤̈́͌͊̅̀̽̏̐̽̒̑̏͠͝͝e̷̛̙̠̮̓͑̎͐̈́́̓̌̇͋̍̌̄̏̈͘͝d̷̡̮̬͈̮̗̲̲̩̘̗̘͒͆̈̈͌̌́̀͊͐͘ will have finished preparing dinner, alright? If not, no dessert for you!”

[…]

His memories are still blurred of back then, up until one specific day that simultaneously was engraved in his mind and is the most difficult memory to grasp for him as of today. As psychiatrists had explained to him, it appears that the brain tends to try forgetting traumatic events, to facilitate acceptance. However, months after the day both of his siblings disappeared in a cave-diving incident and were never heard of afterwards, Mei never got to grasp the meaning of their deaths. As EMS and police services were reasonably not formed to go into flooded caves, the body were never retrieved.
Worried about the young boy, his caring parents finally took the decision to adopt another child, as they were no longer of age to conceive anymore. This marks a turning point in Mei’s life. Instead of focusing on the recent events, the boy had found someone else in his life to evolve along with, quickly developing a strong sense of kinship with his new brother, Kamito. At his side, he even began learning his brother’s native language, French, for the mischievous boys to slip away from their parents’ attention.

Years passed, and Mei came to his teenage years. As maturity was settling in, his memories slowly but steadily began to sink in while he would start remembering pieces of his past siblings. However, time had passed, and thanks to his positive environment, the boy had healed. Reflecting upon the situation, a deep feeling of grief began growing in his chest, along with a desperate need to protect his only brother from this cruel world. No one could ever take anything away from children like his brother, and he had the duty to protect them. While he briefly thought of joining the KPD, Mei came to understand that he was too soft-hearted to inflict violence upon other human beings. Then, he came to think about the hospital: would it be possible for him to work there? To give relief to others, to actually make a difference in their lives?

Coming close to graduation, Mei was now living on his own since his parents went overseas on a business trip. Being the only one responsible for his brother’s well-being, he slowly began obsessing over having responsibility for him, and his life quickly became a dull loop of studying and fishing to get some money to provide for them.

[…]
A damp, salty breeze swept across the faces of the two boys, sitting side by side in the sand. As Mei strained his eyes watching for the next fish to bite, fatigue began to make itself felt more and more. It had been weeks since he'd had a full night's sleep.
Mei woke up abruptly, the left side of his face decorated with a thin layer of sand sticking to his skin.
“Oh, Mei, you’re awake! Had a nice sleep?”
Mei rubbed his eyes, only to notice that his brother had stolen his fishing rod
“Uh..? Oh, don’t worry Kamito, I can fish for you.”
“Why would you?” Kamito laughed, the fishing rod trembling along “I love fishing, so I don’t even know how may time it is since I’ve began!”
Mei stared at him quietly, before sitting straight.
“…Oh, I see.”

[…]

Was he having fun? All while making some money for them? Now, that was something strange. A few weeks later, Mei thought more and more of that specific moment, as questions would come flooding his mind. Could it be possible to make money while doing something that you like? Would it really be possible for him to find his true vocation?

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Mei’s specialty is pediatric care: he focuses on the care of infants, children, teenagers, and young adults up to the age of 21.
He chose to focus on this specialty due to his strong sense of duty toward children to make the world a better place for them. As he used to fear the hospital with no reason when he was a child, he pays particular attention to the environment in which his patients find themselves in once they are in difficulty, to make it the best possible experience. He has a peculiar fondness for those who have unfortunately joined the criminal side, hoping to make them change paths.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
In order to prepare for his hospital work, Mei worked at Kyoto's morgue as an intern. He specifically took care of the administrative processes and the exchanges with families whenever the 'patient' was a minor.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
N.A.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Standing at a 5’7”, Mei blends in quite well with the masses if it weren’t for his very pale complexion for which he is used to being asked if he is sick, albino, or even a ghost. Being none of these, the young man simply spends most of his time indoors.
From behind, people have also numerously mistaken him for a young woman, as he has quite long hair, down to his waist. Aside from when he is at home, it is always tied in a low ponytail by the same old white hair tie.
One specific aspect striking others in his usual attire would be a strangely bright purple tie that he wears quite often for no other reason than liking the color itself.
"Yeah, purple's nice."

skin_back.pngskin_front.png

How does your character act on and off duty?
While working or taking care of younger fellow ones, Mei poses as a very patient, calm, and warm man. He often tries his best, even if it would mean working extra hours in his spare time, devoted to the core to what he is implied in.
In his spare time, it would not be a rare sight to encounter him hiking in the mountains or in Ochiba forest, as a nature lover. As he enjoys being involved in multiple things at once, odds are that he is helping a lost one on the street while running an errand for someone else and reading a book at the same time. He tends to keep himself busy, especially when it involves helping other people for which he could put aside all of his plans.
However, if it seems like he is searching for something – or rather someone –, it would likely be that his brother has, once again, wandered off by himself without giving any news.
“Kamito, where are you…” sigh

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
As much as Mei is quite the independent one and would rather form his very own opinion on everything, he particularly enjoys exchanging his ideas and perceptions with others as he believes it is part of the process of acting upon anything.
“One by themselves may go faster, but together we might go further!”

What plans does your character have for the future?
Over his years in Karakura, Mei truly fell in love with the city. His long-term plan would be to completely settle in, and provide a good environment for him and his brother to live in. As he currently does not have any interest in forming a relationship, he wants to find a work for which he could truly devote himself to.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

At first, Mei is perceived as a quiet person or even as “some emo guy” because of his looks, but a further conversation with him would show a warm person seeking to see humanity in everyone. The way he speaks, deeply influenced by the books he reads all night long, might make him pass as someone pompous, but he is not the kind to take himself seriously. Behind a dark room filled with bookshelves and candles, might be a bright pink bedroom filled with cushions…
Mei waved towards you while smiling warmly “Why, hello there!”

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread