★・・・★KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION★・・・★

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

simp69 [ main ]
artymoosee [ Alt, this is the account I’ll be applying for ]

What is your discord username?
artemisjk

Describe your activity on the server:
I would call my activity an 8/10 or a 9/10 on what I would consider an extremely active day. Most days I am currently spending an average time of around 7 to 8 hours a day consistently on SRP. However, If I have work the next day I would drop it to around 6 hours. Note, I am going back to college In september for my final year so in terms of my activity I would say it would drop to around a consistent 6 hours a day.

What is your timezone?:
BST

List your current and past applications:
Thread 'Artemis Hayashi | Japanese Sign Language Application'
http://schoolrp.net/threads/artemis-hayashi-japanese-sign-language-application.62257/

Thread 'Artemis Hayashi | Japanese Sign Language Application'
http://schoolrp.net/threads/artemis-hayashi-japanese-sign-language-application.62156/

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I would say to start off my roleplay journey, I first started outside of minecraft and SRP in general. I was involved in several different D&D campaigns. D&D is where I would say most of my roleplaying knowledge and skills began to develop, mainly due to the fact that I would love to not stick to only one genre of campaign. The main campaign groups I would like to play in would involve mystery [ particularly murder mystery! ] , horror, sometimes even post apocalyptic and most importantly your good old classical fantasy campaign.

Now moving onto SRP. Whilst I may not be in any city factions myself, I am quite active and involved in the schools sports faction. I am currently on the Females Bobcats volleyball team on my main account and have been for quite some time now. I feel that being a part of this team has not only allowed me to be in some pretty unique roleplay situations, still it has also allowed me to develop my normal and DetailRP skills as well.
I often interact with heavy DeatilRP teams such as track, where even through just knowing and interacting with them my skills have improved dramatically!

On my main account I am also a member of two different shops as a worker, Kirei Hana and Okinasa. Whilst these jobs may not be comparable in some sense to others such as the KPD or Government for example, I still feel they have benefited me greatly as an RP’er! You are constantly being put on the spot in different and distinctive situations, interacting with a large plethora of people at the same time.

What is your motivation for applying?
As mentioned earlier, I am currently only in the bobcats volleyball team and that Is what I spend most of my time doing on the server unless a roleplay situation or event presents itself. I have been desiring to branch out into another faction for a while now and I feel that the Hospital faction would be perfect for me to do that! Not only are you able to meet a wide range of new people and characters that you might just not find in the school, you also are able to see and be involved in unique situations that I feel you just can’t find anywhere else. In general, I am really itching to branch out into a new roleplay and faction setting that I haven’t been in before.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Whilst I have no ICCLY knowledge of hospital work or the procedures that would run in it, I have an abundance OOC knowledge due to my studies. I am currently in my final year of studying forensics science and whilst some might not think you develop medical knowledge through studying this, you do! I have quite an extensive knowledge base of biology, chemistry, the human body, its functions and mechanisms and what can go wrong with them. I would also like to add that we work with doctors closely in my course from our local hospital and due to this I would like to think I am decently well informed of their procedures when practising ( not sure if this would help ICCLY or not! )

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I acknowledge and am more than ready to dedicate myself to this role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge.
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I acknowledge.

★・・・★In-Character (IC) Section ★・・・★

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Setsuko Hirosaki

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Bachelors of Health sciences In Emergency medical care
Doctor In Emergency Medicine

Character’s Nationality:
Taiwanese
Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
N/A, she isn’t religious

Character’s Spoken Languages:
English
Japanese
Mandarin [ will apply if accepted! ]

Backstory (100+ Words)
Setsuko herself wouldn’t say she’s an extraordinary individual or even someone that possesses any exceeding talent by any means; she would consider herself to be quite odd to be honest. She was born in a quick and quiet manner in the city of Taipei, Taiwan. Where she was then swiftly given up to a small unknown adoption agency in the outskirts of the city, almost as If her birth parents wanted nothing to do with her. Despite that Setsuko managed to thrive in her newly given life and was soon adopted by recently widowed Kenta Hirosaki, it was him who she would spend the rest of her life with. With little Setsuko securely in his arms, Kenta would move them both out to the Lake district in England. He himself hoped to get away from the dark memories that haunted him from his marriage and for Setsuko; a new beginning.

Their life, of course, had its rough patches, its ups and downs, and its more what some would consider necessary house moves. However, they managed nonetheless. Some would scrutinise her childhood to be quite an unstable one. Yet, when Suko would reminisce on it now and look back at all the memories with her father. She would remember all the safe nights they had where he taught her Japanese or Mandarin, always claiming it was ‘’Important to be close to your roots’’. Sometimes she’d even think about the countless times he would take her to the circus in a desperate bid to see a sliver of one of her smiles or infectious laughs after a rough time at school. She always used to tell him she hated going there but that was never the truth, as long as her father was there; she loved it.

Suko’s High school education was rough for her, she isn’t going to lie. Not because of the so-called ‘rigorous’ curriculum that she was faced with, she thrived in that sense actually, but due to her ridiculing peers. Due to the vitiligo that was starting to form in blotch-like patterns along her skin, her peers stayed away from her like the plague. They made it abundantly clear to her they didn’t want anything to do with it or her at all. She felt like a heavy burdening pressure was constantly around her to be better or look better as a result of what she had gone through. This mindset stuck with Setsuko for a long time.
Her father never knew about her struggles at school, she never let him. He always wondered why suddenly his energetic daughter had stopped showing her blinding smile or ever so loveable laugh, he always thought it was his fault. That’s why he always took her to the circus she ‘hated’ so much in a desperate bid to see her smile.

Despite all this, she finished her highschool career with straight A’s and a straight face, now going into college to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics as her father claimed ‘’With these three subjects you can go anywhere!’’

The two years she spent at college went relatively silently. Her troubles had all moved to different colleges several towns away and her life was now a little more silent and just that bit more peaceful. When the term finally rolled around and she had to send in her university application that would decide her future, she was unsure; she hadn’t actually thought this far ahead.
With no clue what to do in her hand and the final day to send in her applications rolling around, she turned to her father for answers. For a man who would constantly pester her with hour-long talks and had provided so much comfort, support and constant entertainment he could not be found.

The hospital, he was in the hospital. . .
There's one thing you should know about Kenta that sets him far apart from Suko currently. He has always been and always will be a widely bright, radiant and helpful individual. When Kenta used to live in Japan he worked hard for what he had. He would always spew on and on to his daughter for countless hours with stories from his job as a surgeon at a place called kakulla? Kumpara?, she didn’t know, before he became her father. He’d talk about the countless cases he’d seen, the unique individuals he’d meet and his late wife. He did always try and encourage his daughter to be like him but to no avail. He wanted her to live for herself, not for him or some highschool sweetheart he hoped she had; just for herself.
So when he was attacked miles away from his home, all he could think about was her; his daughter.
And all she could think about was him.
She wailed hysterically at his bedside when she arrived at the hospital. Crying out his name, praying desperately to any god that would hear her to let her father live; screaming out to the doctors. But there wasn’t much they could do. He was found too late and had lost too much blood, his time was ending.

“Live for yourself Suko- I love yo. . .”

She was in shock when he died. She stayed for what felt like hours at his bedside holding his slowing freezing hand, thinking to herself. What could’ve been done differently?

Suko didn’t go to university or even carry on her regular life straight away, instead she spent two years mourning her fathers death and celebrating his life; he was an incredible man after all.
So, at the age of 21, Suko decided to try and find what her father found so special about life. She was accepted into Taiwan's National Yang Ming Chiao Tung’s university program for Medicine, being close to your roots right? Where she stayed before becoming one of the top students in her class and she began to embrace who she was. The students she met there had made her feel more comfortable in her own skin than she had felt in years. She started to talk more, smile more and laugh more even when normally she wouldn’t, despite this change she was beginning to love who she was becoming.
With medical school just in front of her grasp she vowed to her late father to do things differently, be the sort of doctor who would try and save lives till the very end.
She went to medical school at Taipeis medical university for 5 years and then followed swiftly through to NTUH. It was here that she completed her medical residency in Emergency medicine. It was tough, extremely tough just as any residency should be. But she excelled in her rotations and began her specialty training for , you guessed it , Emergency medicine.
At the age of 38 she has finally finished her medical training and is now trained and classified as an emergency doctor!

Whilst given the opportunity NTUH had offered Setsuko a full time position on their staffing rotation however, it didn’t feel right. So here she is, on a plane to the place her late father talked about most, Kakura! Hoping to find what he apparently found so special about those towering mountains or those never ending beaches and most importantly. That hospital.

She guesses, now she really is living for herself.

★・・・★SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY★・・・★

What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)
When it became time to choose Setsuko's medical specialty, it wasn’t a hard choice at all for her. She knew what she wanted to do and major in since the day her father died, that was Emergency medicine.
She had a special talent when it came to this field. Being able to accurately asses the situation, base the patients treatment plan off of that and precisely deal with any situation that arises is what she was best at; she thrived in that high pressure environment you could say
She hoped by putting all her effort into this field, she could give those around her the best possible chance at life and let them walk out of the hospital happy.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Suko took up her medical residency at NTUH, The National Taiwan University Hospital, where she took up an Emergency medicine focus and completed it after two years as required in the country.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
It’s only right that she should! Suko was actively working in the University hospital after completing medical school and whilst she was doing her speciality in EM. Whilst she did have a preference to the Emergency department if she was needed somewhere else, she would be at their call!

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Whilst back in the United Kingdom Setsuko undertook the local A level exams that were required for her age. She finished the college she attended with three A levels under her name, all being Biology A*, Chemistry A* and Physics A, her father was right! These subjects can take you anywhere.
You will also find that due to the extra time she spent carrying out her university education she now has a Bachelors in Health sciences In Emergency medical care.

★・・・★SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE★・・・★

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
Setsuko is what you would describe as your average middle aged woman in terms of build. She currently stands at 5 '5'’ and can be seen having a confident posture to her.
More times than not, when she isn’t working you’ll find that Suko’s light brown hair would fall down to her shoulders and frame her face in a nice compliment, highlighting her chestnut brown eyes. When she is however, it would often be found to be held up in a loose bun.
Unlike her childhood, Suko now wears her skin with pride and isn’t afraid to show off her vitiligo. It has progressed a considerable amount since she was younger and can be mainly found on her arms, legs and neck.

1692306942405.png

How does your character act on and off duty?
Suko has taken what her father said to her in his last moments to heart and now lives for herself, making the most of every opportunity on and off duty. Both on and off you’ll find Suko to be a compassionate individual to everyone she comes across, not just patients. Making sure she has said hello to everyone or asked how their day has been; living with the mindset that you should always ask. On duty, Suko is a calm and level headed individual who rarely flails under pressure. Coming from the NTUH she has learnt that it is always vital to be constantly aware of not only your surroundings and new intakes but also current situations that could go wrong.
Off duty Suko likes to relax just a little bit more. Whilst she still smiles and laughs at the workplace, she knows the appropriate timing for it. Unlike off duty where it’s rare that she can hold back a laugh now. She’d be constantly trying to find new ways to have fun or relax and just be herself.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Unlike the past Suko now thrives in the presence of others, often preferring to be with someone than alone. She finds the constant conversation that would be brought in a group to be comforting, you just can’t find that alone you know?

What plans does your character have for the future?
Currently, Setsuko Is planning to settle down in Kakura for the foreseeable future. Hoping to find all the unique places her late father talked about. Seeing what he loved about them and this town is making her bounce with excitement. She hopes that whilst here she can make her own memories, friends and possibly even a career for herself at the hospital. Being able to tell her own stories about what she's seen and done to someone special to her one day is what she looks forward to.
She only hopes she can tell them just as great as her father.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
When most citizens would look at Setsuko, they would see her confident posture and airy clothing which makes sure to show off her beautiful skin. She is often perceived as a kind, genuine and friendly individual with those she interacts with and she just passes by in general. You could often find her just having a lengthy conversation with someone that would go on for hours if it could.

She’d like to think that she has become quite the approachable individual. She’s worked hard on herself and thinks that the confident, radiant and friendly person she’d become is someone her late father would've been extremely proud of.
Whilst she may struggle with herself every year around the time her father died, she is sure to bounce back soon enough! Suko likes to think that she has progressed extremely far in herself since she lived in the UK and she’d like to keep it that way.
In her eyes the only way is up.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread