loresaint
loresaint
Notable

KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN
(In-Game Name):
doglover768
(Alts - kaawaii (ems) / jalang (col-vb))

Discord Name & Tag:
jalang
(It doesn't have a # anymore with the new Discord tag update)

Previous bans:
My last received ban was for toxicity 9-10 months ago in August of 2022. The duration of the ban was a month, at which I hadn't appealed.

I truly wish I was able to say I have a spotless record, however that'd be a lie. I've made sincerely regrettable decisions during my few years on SRP, all of which were caused by the lack of regard I had for the server at the time – I just didn't take it seriously. I had many phases, during that I did things I'm ashamed of even now. I've maintained a clean record and reputation for myself since with substantial personal growth. I've taken each experience as a lesson as to what should not be repeated during my time on the server.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server has been a complete rollercoaster over the course of the last three years – On a scale based on recent activity, it's a solid 9/10. I stay on top of my activity and log on daily for the most part, taking two to three day gaps at max. My hours of availability range drastically, depending upon my plans for the day. Generally speaking, I'll always prioritise my real life over the server, so whenever something comes up that draws me away from SRP, I'll of course follow the basic necessities, ergo logging inactivity for the sake of awareness and to sway from potential removal.

Which timezone are you in?
CST (GMT-5)
I'm only an hour behind EST time

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

EMS Application - Accepted (March 10th, 2023)

What is your motivation for applying?:
CrimeRP, as we all know it, is such a large factor within the roleplay aspect of SRP. Everyone partakes in it at least once from what I’ve seen and heard about from other peoples’ experiences joining the server – I even did so myself. Being a part of the emergency factions requires a lot of patience and referencing the rules of the server, which I’m not shy of elaborating or contacting staff for any confusion. I refrained from applying due to my history on the server in terms of punishments, only ever entertaining the idea of it. The reason I bring this up is because I enjoy being involved – KPD seems like it shares a great deal of roleplay and excitement, however requires quick thinking and typing for more heated situations. It’s a thriller being a part of the action, as well as provides a great opportunity to expand on my writing and potential friendships or bonds. I see this faction being something I enjoy greatly, especially as EMS has been such a joy in itself. Of course, the two are different in terms of operation in some ways.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
My knowledge of what KPD does and has on the server will be noted down in their corresponding lists. While my knowledge is not the most detailed aspect of my advancement towards applying for KPD, I am, by all means, completely open to learning more and expanding on what I know. All that I’ve listed is what has been observed during my time in EMS as of late and undergone ICly through other means.

Main Division
Detective Division
CAPTAIN
This person, the captain, is the respective ‘leader’ of the main division of KPD, just below the commissioner. They get a major say in what goes on for the main department and they are a respective higher-up.
DETECTIVE SUPERINTENDANT
Pretty much the same as a captain, except for detectives. They're revered for the position they hold, as they decide who joins this branch of police work.
LIEUTENANT
Within the main division, lieutenant is the highest rank you can achieve without ascending to the DC/DI department.
DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR
A chief inspector, the next step after being promoted to a detective inspector and right under a superintendent. Detective chief inspectors are a higher-up position.

SERGEANT
Sergeants are on the board just below lieutenants. They help evaluate the work ethic and activity of their subordinates.

DETECTIVE INSPECTOR
Upon passing exams as a detective constable, next up is this position; detective inspector. Basically an official detective.

CORPORAL
Generally, corporals oversee and organise activities for patrol officers and cadets alike From this rank and up, they train cadets on either informational topics or physical training. The choice is theirs.

DETECTIVE CONSTABLE
Detective constables – A lot of work has to be put in to be promoted to this division, of course by your own choice.

PATROL OFFICER
After passing training and exams, the next step is a promotion to a patrol officer. At this point, you're allowed to go off duty and patrol with another officer or cadet.
-

CADET
Finally, last but not least, the trainees, the new recruits - Cadets. This is the position you are put in upon being accepted into the police force. Cadets can’t go on patrol without an official or go off duty and your ability to perform your duties is very restricted based upon your level of training.
-
Equipment
Protocols
RADIO
While EMS have a ‘Hospital Radio,’ KPD also have a radio that’s clipped onto their vest, as seen when held in hand. There are different channels (commands) to communicate amongst just your fellow officers and the hospital when needed.
CCTV
One of the newest plugins - This allows officers to peep into any area with a camera, excluding the school, hospital, and town hall - If an officer requires CCTV from either of those locations, then they’d have to contact a higher-up of the faction.

BODY CAMERA
This piece of equipment serves to protect citizens rights, as well as record any situation an officer may be in. It can be used to capture evidence or just general footage that may need to be saved for whatever reason (via taking screenshots). Officers, regardless of rank, should always keep their body camera on - Obviously this does not apply if off duty.
PATROL
From what I’ve observed, I have yet to see an officer go on patrol alone. This leads me to believe that patrols are meant to be paired, at which officers keep their radio and taser accessible. I’m not too sure about the taser part, but I do know they keep something else in hand besides their radio. Anyways, patrols normally last 15 OOC minutes (1 IC hour), and fluctuate depending on if they’ve run into a situation.

LUMINOL SPRAY
How much a simple can of spray can reveal. It puts any dents or blood stains on full display for the officer to inspect.

WARRANTS
These are permitted when solid evidence of suspicion is provided to a governor. Warrants are generally used for raids, detainment for interrogations, and other uses an officer may need it for – Of course within reason. These do not allow officers to break the law.

HANDCUFFS
Handcuffs, the most essential piece of equipment for any officer. Making an arrest? Always want to handcuff them first. It can also be used for more general purposes, such as temporarily setting an aggressive person aside while handling the rest.

RAIDS
I don’t have much knowledge on this, but I do know it requires a warrant. Each officer will only be called by their chosen alias and unidentifiable in riot gear. It's notable that cadets are not allowed to attend raids without special permission.

BATON
- 2B range, 2H K.O
Batons are hand-held, mugable, and made of metal. They’re considered to be a police officer’s second line of defense / firearm and typically seen used to unarm an individual in the most non-lethal manner.

QUESTIONING & INTERROGATIONS
Questioning is the term more so used for the victim, as opposed to an interrogation towards a potential co-conspirator, assailant, etcetera. In both of these, an officer asks a series of questions, sometimes even jabbing at the person in question in the case of an interrogation - Just to see their reaction or if they budge. However, in order to detain someone for an interrogation, a warrant will have to be issued via a judge.

TASER
- 7B range, no K.O.
These are more commonly used as opposed to a baton. With the electrical shock that they send throughout a person’s body via prongs, you can expect it to potentially knock someone out! At least if they’re a bit.. weaker, otherwise it'll definitely incapacitated them. Tasers are held in a holster on the corresponding officer’s belt.

TRAINING
There are three types of training in KPD – Physical, informational, and glock safety. Corporal+ choose between physical and informational training for the new cadets. The names are pretty straightforward - Physical training goes over scenarios as to how cadets should apply themselves to certain situations. On the other hand, informationals go over what should be done and all the equipment they'll be needing to familiarise themselves with. These are all a necessity and MUST be attended if online.

CRUISER / BIKE
These are a good means of transportation, but only accessible when on duty, of course. It could be revoked if you’re caught using it prematurely.
-

Radio Signs & Colour Codes

There are universal codes, number and colour alike, that are used to signal different types of emergencies, questions, etcetera. Some are more commonly used as opposed to others, so I'll only be listing the most frequent ones.

10-10
Off duty

10-4
Understood

10-19
Returning

10-20
Location?

10-23
Standby

Moving on to colour codes, I'm only including ones that would enlist KPD to the scene.

Code Red
Code Red signals a fire within the building.

Code Orange
Code Orange is used when there is a hazardous spill. KPD is contacted to inspect this when this happens.

Code Yellow
Code yellow is typically used to address a bomb threat, and can be used to signal other threats.

Code Green
Code green is alerted when the building requires evacuation as a result of internal threats like fires, chemicals, and other means of unsafety.

Code Purple
Code purple indicates an abduction or hostage situation.

Code Brown
Code brown signals severe weather, and the police are to provide the necessary services.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The police force, in more realistic terms, is a necessity to society to play a major supporting role in the justice system. While they don't always particularly get to decide who is guilty and who is not, they are certainly in charge of keeping them detained and in check. SRP would simply not be the same without the emergency faction altogether – If the police force wasn’t implicated on the server, then there’d be no real need for fearRP outside of school grounds, excluding when being threatened with a present weapon of course. Police generally just add a far more realistic touch to the server that would completely ruin the RP aspect without it. How could gang/crimeRP be conducted without a counteractive force?

Contrary to common IC belief, KPD does a great amount of work, it’s sadly limited due to police protocols which imply that officers aren’t allowed to go to scenes alone. This leads people to saying things such as, “KPD do nothing, they’re never available,” and many other things. Beyond just the crime aspect, the police play a major role with any event, really – Weather events, sewer events, government/town events. They bring a firm hand to chaotic situations and provide some sense of order.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Absolutely

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Kiki van Vuren

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Cisgender female - She/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Masters in Law & Justice

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Dutch
French

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Sharp blue eyes, so attentive to detail and even the subtlest of changes, they're hardly human - Entertainment was something Kiki longed for, stimulation of any kind is enough to satiate her, but only for a short while. In fact, her endeavours to get such stimuli resulted in numerous scars that still litter her skin to this day. Fluffy ginger hair consumes her face, serving to provide coverage for a nasty burn scar on the left of her forehead - All the while, a stutter masked behind a thick Dutch accent and a light-hearted tone. She seemed almost warm, welcoming… how misleading.

body.png

A naturally infuriating lady is a way to describe Kiki. She finds all the right buttons to press and she crushes them. Her attitude and disposition can be labelled as bratty, but for reasons contrary to common belief. It’s mostly just fun for her. She’s an extremist - She hops from belief to belief, philosophy to philosophy. The world is like an oyster to her, a playground for her own selfish exploration. It’s almost as if she’s always on some crazy adventure or quest, temporary small tasks that she sets out for herself, typically resulting in someone being annoyed… She’s a jaded and cynical empiricist, however fearless. Put her in the centre of a group or make her the topic of a conversation and Kiki will weave through it, twisting your words to create some form of joke or ease the tension – The spotlight is not something she often shies away from. While focus is something she struggles with, once she really sets her sights on something or challenges herself to achieve something, she’ll stop at nothing to get it. It consumes her.

Kiki is both a poet and a warrior, or that’s how she likes to think of herself. If she’s feeling daring, then sometimes she’ll even see herself as an empress. The world she builds around her is what she considers to be her empire, meanwhile her heart is protected behind metal walls. “You can’t be untouchable if you’re wearing your heart on your sleeve,” a lesson Kiki learned all too young. Despite this, she yearns for the next big breakthrough and actively seeks it out, thirsting, aching, hungry for more.

A simple way to put it? Kiki is morally grey. She lacks empathy by all means, but when the situation calls for it, she is dependable and efficient beyond all else. When she cares about someone, such as her co-workers, she would never leave them behind. If they need someone, Kiki is a very viable option to go! She makes herself available for all, as long as they know what they're getting themselves into with her.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Kiki's personality doesn't differentiate much between settings. Everything's a joke to her, facetiousness is in her nature – There's never a dull, or serious, moment when speaking to Kiki. She has manners, absolutely… at least when it comes to responding with, "Yes, sir," and "Yes, ma'am." It was something she was raised very strictly on - Whenever she didn't respond with ma'am and/or sir? A bar of soap right in her mouth.

As humour is the key characteristic of Kiki, she can't just not joke! She has had to learn how to adjust her humour according to who she is around, e.g. who's on duty at the same time as her. Off duty? The difference is only hardly notable. It's hard to tell what's a joke and what isn't with Kiki in the first place, but she gets far more brazen off duty.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Teamwork? Kiki? You'd never see it coming, but it sure does come. She's flexible, her entire being moulds about who she is with and around – If she works good one way with someone, then she won't expect it to be the exact same with someone else. Working together is not her preferred method in any sense of the term, but of course she has to come to terms with it at some point.

"I can work so much more efficiently by myself! Why add an extra to an already full parade? …I guess it wouldn't be half bad to not be alone, though."

Co-workers, the people you work side-by-side with – If you don't get along with them, it's not going to be the easiest joyride for you. Kiki, as complicated as she is, isn't hard to befriend; She doesn't really know how to respond when people don't react to her jokes and mischief. Just indulge her a bit and she's a happy cat - She's determined to get your attention one way or another, at least if you're someone interesting in her eyes.
"C'monnn.. you know you want toooo! Play patty cake with me, just this once. It'll be silly!" - Meanwhile she's plotting to crack an egg over their head mid-game.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
"A good leader needs to know when to be a follower, right? - I know it's likely a cliché answer, but I do see myself as more of a leader as opposed to a follower; I'm not afraid to take the lead or direct someone when they're confused, I don't crack under pressure, nor do I struggle to put my foot down. Being a leader isn't just about taking charge, though - You can have all the soldiers in the world, but none of them will be loyal if you don't know how to listen either. Earning people's loyalty requires a level of patience and compromise. 'Bend, so we don't break,' is a phrase I grew up on.

I can be a follower, I can listen and follow orders - Give me a task and I'll get it done accordingly. I won't act like somet. . -thing,"
her stutter spiked, but she continued on, "I'm not, like a higher up or whatever, but I won't sit still in a situation, twiddling my thumbs just 'cause we're confused! We don't have the time for that. In our field of work, we need to be fast or we're screwed. No room for hesitation."

While my IC response to the question also applies OOCly to my perspective of a "follower and leader" relationship, I see myself as better of a follower than a leader. I get flustered easily, but I can make thoroughly thought out decisions in the end – I work better when given very clear instructions. I may ask questions about little details just for the sake of clarification, but I can work just as well using common sense and going based off what I see others do / have done in the same or similar situations.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

This story begins on August 2nd, 1996
Amsterdam, Netherlands…
1:09 AM on a Monday

-

A Dutch babe, born crying and wailing at the top of her little lungs, soon to be named Kiki. She was the embodiment of the joy of her little family. Only for a short period of time.

Before Kiki was even old enough to remember, her mother had left their family behind in France – No complexity behind it, at least to the knowledge of the toddler that was Kiki, she just up and left one night. This left her father, Sebastian, to raise what he wanted to mould into a brave girl. For the most part? He was successful. Kiki was indeed brave, but also beyond rebellious and even entitled in her early teens. Money was something the two struggled with, so everything they had, they earned with hard labour. When you're in Kiki's position, of course you're going to have to act a bit egotistical to get people to take you seriously. She put the work into it in the end, so maybe it was even deserved.

Kiki's humour stemmed from the hoodlums she called friends and classmates, on top of her father who always kept it real with her.

"Little vuur,* laughter is the one thing that'll keep you pushing through the droughts."
*Vuur translates to, "Fire," in Dutch

That was the first most memorable lesson Sebastian ever taught his daughter when she was thirteen. Something about it just resonated with Kiki and the woman she was to grow to be. Her first ever part-time job was at a manufacturing company, £9 an hour with few weekly hours, since she was still a student after all. It was hardly enough to make ends meet, but at least the neighbourhood was small enough for her to not require a car to top it off. Kiki, as much as she refuses to admit it, did underhanded things as a means of obtaining just a smidge more money to help out her old man. Alas, her father enlisted in the army when she was seventeen, leaving her in the care of a nanny that. . she all but ignored as he constantly left for deployment.

His absence only fueled her rebellious arc. Her attitude and willfulness- no, forcefulness, made up her entire personality. It was fun for her, to constantly put others down and subject them to her tyranny. What a horrible teenager she grew to be. Who could blame her? The discrimination due to her foreign descent was like tossing gasoline into an already lit and raging bonfire.

When the time came for Kiki to enrol in college, it wasn’t difficult for her to decide what she was going for – To be a cop! While others may think her reasoning for such was more selfless, it was actually merely to spite her father. Sebastian hated the idea of sending his daughter off to the police force, but it was ultimately her decision. What could he do to stop her? She was nineteen, legal and independent. It was surprisingly something Kiki stuck to for years and years to come, eventually snatching up a degree in law and justice.

Twenty-one.. How far Kiki had come. A masters in college, a son on the way, of course out of wedlock. Settling down was something Kiki didn’t particularly have on her bucket list. It happened on a late night with someone, a particular Jean Boucher, whom she considered to be her best friend – Of course their baby completely shattered any possibility of even a remnant of their friendship. And no, their son, Santiago, did not provide a ‘bridge’ for the two. If anything, it fueled the arguments and yelling about who does what, what they need, etcetera. Kiki's heart was never in it for Jean, but only for Santiago, as her eyes were set on someone from her high school years and stayed that way.

Once Kiki was accepted to the Tokyo police force, she just.. Left. Jean got full custody over their son anyway, so what was keeping her in France? Her father was gone on deployment for a year at a time, she just had nothing to attach her to . Her hopes that Japan could propose more opportunities for her were high.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

“Well if you’d actually apply a brain cell to read the laws of Karakura before moving to Karakura, you’d know it’s NOT legal to own one!”

-

As stated in my IC response, you cannot legally own a pocket knife. If caught with one, you will be patted down accordingly and arrested for possession of illegal weaponry – It gets worse if there’s blood on the weapon. From my knowledge, your character will be held in jail for 5 OOC days and after that timeframe, your bail will be posted. If it’s not paid, then your character will remain in jail ICly and unplayable for a number of OOC months.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol
Max of 3 - ¥1,500
(This is according to the updated legality max)
“Paracetamol, Tylenol, tomato tomato. I buy these wheneva’ I get a bad headache or a cold. Pretty handy during the winter! You just need to go down to the hospital ‘n politely ask one of the on-duty workers for some. I’m sure they’ll be glad to give it to ya.”

Iron Supplements
Max of 3 - ¥2,500
"If you have iron deficiency or not a varied diet, you should try these out, work wonders. Still improve on ya diet, though, these won't cure anythin'!"

Unbranded Bandage
Max of 5 - ¥1,000
“Aww.. de baby has a booboo? Slap a bandaid on it and call it a day."

Eyepatch (Left/Right)
Max of 2 - ¥5,000
“Did you hurt your eye or. . are you wearing that to be ‘swag’? I don’t know why people turned that ugly bandage into some sort of fashionable accessory, but whatever.. People’s poor sense of taste isn’t my business, that’s why I chose my line of work as opposed to a beauty critic! Hmph.”

Cough Syrup
Max of 2 - ¥6,000
“I also get this if I have a cold or a bad cough. Might need to stock up a bit before November.”

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
“Now, now, what do you think you’re doing?! I know it’s hard to contain your anger sometimes, but that doesn’t justify breaking the law, joch. They’re already detained and in a cell, what more justice can we give them besides execution? Relaaax a bit.”

If a coworker is physically abusing an inmate, I would start by trying to de-escalate the situation – If they continue even in my presence or the presence of others? Follow the appropriate protocol. I’d assume after separating the two, I’d put the inmate back into their appropriate cell or take the officer out of the cell along with me, and report it to a higher-up. Of course, my body camera would be on in those scenarios to capture the appropriate footage.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
“Yiiikes.. You really letting them get the upper hand on you like that? Whatever, I guess I'll help. BACK UP, NOW!”

After a series of verbal warnings to the assailant, I’d threaten to use my taser, furthermore unholstering it if they don’t comply. Regardless of whether or not I end up needing to use the taser, I would accordingly detain them in the end, or try. They’d be kept in a cell for the appropriate duration with a posted bail after a number of OOC days. The specific amount of time, I do not know.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organisations?
“Dang.. You're living the dangerous life! I respect it.”
(Sarcasm)

If I were to find this out, presumably through IC means, I’d develop a solid base of evidence to take to a higher-up for further investigation. Of course this would require a lot of personal study and observation, but I wouldn’t make any advancements on my own without a higher-up. That’s to assume I do not encounter them causing harm to another, at which I’d request immediate back-up and follow the appropriate protocol to bring order to the situation.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
“Do the crime, pay the time! … Or whatever those old coots say."

"If someone was trying to bribe me, I don’t think I’d be able to contain my laughter. Not to be inappropriate, of course! I just don’t know what kind of criminology movie they have to be watchin’ in which that’d effectively work on an officer. This is real life, y’all, get it together. Anyway.. I’d say a simple no and fine them for bribery."

Edit(s):
I've corrected grammar mistakes and made minor changes to the layout of my tables, including a skin I made for my character – If I've missed any grammatical errors, please do let me know!

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETITIVITY
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread