Dompiedom

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, I do. My discord is Dompiedom#2400

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
GMT+1

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m reasonably active on here, some days more than others. Recently I’ve been a little unmotivated to get on and start roleplaying, but I’ve always found ways around that. I’m building my activity up more, and whenever I’m on, I’m on for at least a few hours. Mostly to roleplay with friends, but also to connect with the community. Which really helps me to remain active.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No, I’ve never been banned before. I have been warned once for speaking a different language in OOC. Which was almost a year ago.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely acknowledge the fact if I do go inactive, that I’ll be demoted.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
School chef.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The chef is tasked with preparing food for breakfast and lunch, and handing them out to any hungry students everyday with most care. Although they aren’t limited to that, they’re expected to also keep the school grounds as safe as possible for all the students, mostly by patrolling around the grounds and making sure everyones behaving well and following the rules. But also help grow the school itself, by for example help with ideas, and keep the faculty peaceful.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve always done little bits of pieces of roleplay here and there with friends, either in real life or through any communication platforms. But for the past year I’ve really been getting into roleplaying. SchoolRP really helped me find this passion I now hold with roleplaying, and I’ve been doing it everyday through Discord, Minecraft, etc. I’m always looking for improvement, trying to learn from others and I’d say I’m not doing too bad.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
Well since I joined SRP, the school factions always stood out for me. Mostly because I joined for the school roleplay. But I never really thought too much about it. Like I mentioned before, I’ve been trying to improve my roleplaying and I’ve done exactly that. And now I want to expand my knowledge a bit further, so I thought “What better place than the school faction?” I’ve applied before, but that got rejected, so now after a while I’m trying again!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Dutch Language Application - Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.44712/
Ukrainian Language Application - Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/ukrainian-language-application.45705/

Receptionist Application - Denied - https://schoolrp.net/threads/receptionist-application.45789/
EMS Doctor Application - Accepted - https://schoolrp.net/threads/ems-application-doctor.46706/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
On the account I’m applying for, I currently have the College Bachelor's degree.
On my alt account, (Dompiedoem) I have the Dog role.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

My character would react calmly to the student, and warn the student that such language and disrespect is not allowed on school grounds, or should be used anywhere in general. If the student continues, he’d warn them again. If at some point necessary, he’d give them a detention.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
My character wouldn’t waste any time and immediately go to where the situation is happening. He’d try to break the two apart. If they continue trying to pursue each other he’d try to stand in-between them to stop any physical contact from happening. He’d ask them about the situation, and give them a detention / warning (Depending on the situation). And also bring them to the nurse to check up on any serious injuries.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
My character would go to the employee and try to correct their behavior and talk it out. If the employee reacts negatively he would probably go seek help from another trusted employee. If even that doesn’t work out, he’d sadly have to go and notify SLT about what’s happening.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
My character always tries to act friendly and keep respect for his fellow employees, he’d help them out with any situation that might be bothering them. And if my character is close to the people with him, he’d be very talkative and always trying to make the others happy. If he’s alone, he’d probably write in his notepad or read a book. Depending on the mood.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
/me
Looked over to the huge group of students lining up for the usual monday lunch. He felt a bit nervous seeing them all wait, some more patient than the other. He’d grab what he had prepared for them, approaching the line. Handing out food to them all one by one. When all the students have had their lunch, he’d go sit down to take a breather.

/me Tapped the floor with his foot as every second passed. Trying to prepare food for breakfast. He looked to his side to see two students who are close to fighting each other. He’d drop everything he was doing to stop the situation from escalating any further.

/me Walked through the halls, keeping watch of everything that was going on, it all seemed peaceful for now. He checked every corner he could, not trusting the fact that nothing seems to be wrong. He’s used to students constantly causing mischief that he had to resolve all the time. But no, all he could see were students studying, talking and getting ready for their next class.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Tim Hunluan.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:
Hunluan, Tim.

Religious Denomination:
Atheist.

Marital Status:
Single.

Academic Degree:
Masters.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Culinary Arts, Professional Cooking

Minors:
Baking and pastry arts

Nationality:
Dutch.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

Native Languages:
Dutch.

Other languages:
Ukrainian.

Backstory

From a young age Tim has always had an interest in cooking. He’d always watch his family cook, often asking if he could help. His parents would explain what they’re doing, teaching him all kinds of recipes. Tim would always recreate these recipes with his fake cooking set his parents had bought him, his brother; Tom, often helping. Tim loved doing this so much, he’d even make up his own little recipes. Once he got a little bit older, his parents allowed him to help in the actual kitchen, often cutting ingredients. His parents didn’t trust him with anything more yet, as Tim has always had his own chaotic ways of doing things, without really thinking properly. His parents wanted to help him expand this skill, as it could be useful for his future. They wanted to start off small, so they thought baking cookies would be a good start, seeing it’s simple and best for Tim, to teach him that you need to be careful with what you do, especially in the kitchen. This didn’t go smoothly at first though, Tim made a lot of mistakes in doing so. But he never gave up, he’d try more every time, slowly learning from his mistakes. His parents were very old school, so Tim never had access to anything online, he had to learn all on his own and from his parents, this had its advantages though, Tim learned his own strategies this way and knew multiple solutions to any problem because of this. As a few years passed, Tim kept on learning more about the wonders that came from the kitchen.

During this though, Tim also had to go to school like anyone else, he never had any issues with consuming knowledge and was often seen as a nerd by others. He loved going to classes but there was one class that stood out for him; the cooking class. He was a bit more advanced compared to the rest because of how much time he spends learning in his free time. Most teachers loved him, but his classmates didn’t like it. They saw Tim as an arrogant classmate who thinks he’s better than everyone else. This wasn’t the case however, Tim never looked down upon anyone, he loved trying to help the rest improve. But he was misunderstood. This didn’t bother him, as long as he could keep learning, he was happy. The first thing he’d do after coming home was go to the kitchen, always wanting to prepare something small. His brother wasn’t as obsessed with this, but always wanted to be with Tim, so they’d make their own little things in the kitchen just having fun. This was very expensive for his parents though, but they always made sure there were ingredients for Tim to use. They were very supportive towards their kids, always making sure they could follow their dreams. In Tim’s case this was cooking. Tim’s dream was to be a chef one day, preparing food for someone else other than his family was like a dream for him, he wanted others to enjoy and recognize his work. Everyday before bedtime, he’d always read cooking books for at least 20 minutes to learn even more, he loved it.

A few years later he had to move to Japan, specifically to Karakura. He still held his passion for cooking here, often preparing food for some of his friends. But he was unable to hold his passion as much as he did when he was younger, slowly losing more motivation to keep going as the days passed by. Until one day he saw the kitchen of someone else who still held a passion for cooking, this made something click in his head, remembering the times he spent in the kitchen, how much he enjoyed it, how much he studied to improve. After that, he’d often stop by this person to cook together. They'd help return his passion he once had, and it was working. Everytime he stopped by, he felt like small pieces that he lost had returned. He slowly regained his skill and started learning more once again, Tim was feeling fulfilled, back to his old loving self. He decided he still wanted to be a chef after all these years, he’s worked towards this goal since he was a child. He went to a school specialized to cooking, getting a masters degree reasonably fast. He wasn’t sure what to do next after getting his degree, he’s never thought this far ahead. Until he realised that the Highschool / College in Karakura required chefs, it was perfect for him. Most of his now friends lived here, and he held so many memories here.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
KHS was probably the best option for me, I’ve been to school here before and I’ve grown familiar to the surroundings. This was also my closest option if I wished to stay here in Karakura, where everyone I know lived here. A lot of my younger friends tell me about their experience here on the daily, I’ve grown a bit of an understanding of what it’s like inside the school grounds. But something that really convinced me to go here was how my younger friends spoke of the other faculty, they sound like such positive, hard working people. And I admire that, I hope to become exactly that. I’ve always wanted to expand my cooking to more than just for friends or family, I want to make myself more useful. And a school is perfect for that.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Not much, I used to help teachers a bit when I was younger. But that doesn’t really count.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I don’t think I’d be much better than others, everyone has their own strong points. But if I had to specify, I’d say because I usually have a lot more dedication than someone, I don’t really give up that easily. I’m also easy to work with, and I respect others. I also listen and consume knowledge pretty well.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I took a while making this, so if anything is outdated let me know!

Do you have any questions?:
Nope! No further questions.​

Users who are viewing this thread