mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Dorms, Bookbags, Quests, and other suggestions!

Ramen_Noodiles

Level 5
Community Team
Media Team
Ramen_Noodiles
Ramen_Noodiles
Omega+
IGN: Ramen_Noodiles
DATE: 1/29/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION/HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I had multiple ideas in mind which I will sort in an organized manner.

Functional Bookbags over Shulker boxes.
From my experience being in multiple servers and messing with servers myself, I have observed that there is a specific plugin/data pack around which allows the shulker box to be opened in the inventory by shift right-clicking on it to avoid placing it down. To a vanilla server this is OP but since item placement isn't obviously allowed in the server, it'll be a functional way for students to place their items as functional bookbags. However, the flaws to this is replacing existing bookbags as (from what I know of) are just retextured normal items which may be an issue for those who have previously bought cosmetic bookbags, but it would be a cool idea for inventory management for students. There could also be an added minibag cosmetic that could be a retextured bundle that the recent Minecraft updated provided for smaller items like pencils or small clutter for inventory management and functionality for roleplaying. Also BAG GIFTS!! Giving your friends gift boxes or stuff with items in them would be fun for birthday events or upcoming Valentine's day.

Dorm Rooms
Something I've noticed playing the game for the past week is the major "homeless problem" for students who have no homes. Truly what I do at night waiting for hours before school begins is fish but most newbies would wish to at least have a living/sleeping space to call their places home. Dorm rooms that cannot be customized that don't require payment would be nice to have either on school grounds or nearby school grounds for anyone to have access to if they're a student of the high school so they won't have to be sleeping on the streets or getting into possible criminal activity in order to make quick cash to afford a home from a slightly messy economy the server has. Again, the dorms don't NEED to be customizable as it isn't to the extent of apartments or homes but at least it gives new students some rooms to sleep in or stay in temporarily so they can at least be safe somewhere without sleeping in the streets.

More quests for Yen
Fishing is one of the few things that I know of that I could easily do to obtain cash without using outside methods of others paying me money as gifts, afking for yen, or scalping on the auction house with unthinkable prices which may or may not be bought which ruins the whole fun of the game for me and some others newbie players that I've noticed that drives some people away from playing that I've anonymously spoken to. Imagine waiting so many hours living as an underage student with no home, possibly no family, and having to ONLY FISH for 1-5k per fishing rod which 2k goes to buying a new one. True, the excuse could be "hurrdurr just keep playing" but not everyone is that lucky, especially to players who cannot afford higher ranks to get noticed by other players by having fancy colors/cosmetics. Since Fishing is currently the only NPC-oriented task of obtaining items to sell them other than auctioning items, I'd suggest maybe some other quests to be added in the game. Maybe cooking, farming, or other NPC-oriented tasks of collecting items that can easily be sold. As much as jobs are convenient and roleplay-certified what makes the fishing NPC so different on having to be the ONLY npc that gives you cash? What about mi****mes or gaming competitions of getting high scores on in-game games that win you tokens that could be useful for the arcade. I'm throwing ideas out here but it gets kinda dull having to sit in the pond all day as much as I love fish.

Speaking of fish.
Fish Textures
Since the server runs on specific NBT datas that I know of, it would be fun to have the fish that you've caught to have different textures depending on which fish it is. For example, if you caught a jellyfish the texture is an actual jellyfish instead of a cod. I'm unsure how complicated the cod's NBT data is currently, but it would be cool to see different custom fish textures similar to Stardew Valley's unique fish for example. (NOT SAYING TO STEAL THE GAME'S TEXTURES BUT SOMETHING SIMILAR TO STARDEW'S FISH.) It'll be an interesting take to visually showing what you've caught or if you're giving a specific fish to another player without having to see the cod all the time. No offense to the Minecraft Cod.
stardewfish.PNG

Use for Crafting for cooking!
If I recall I remember there would be datapacks that would disable/enable certain crafting recipes or allowing custom crafting recipes to be made. What if there'd be an option to "cook" food with actual ingredients you buy or find. Wouldn't it be nice to have your mom make you a home-made dinner for the family instead of having to just buy pre-made food ALL the time at the store? Natural ingredients baybee~ Plus it'll encourage some home-made food to be given to other players and would provide maybe more unique aspects of obtaining food so if you don't have a donor rank you don't HAVE to be addicted to apples or marshmallows all the time. FOOD DIVERSITY!! Everytime I would fish and accidentally get seaweed, I would imagine possibly using it to craft some sushi or making some bento boxes for someone which my character would admire. Wouldn't you think it'd be cute for a student to make a bento for someone they absolutely love that they made themselves? But I'm unsure how the NBT data would work with this stuff, I just do resource packs myself but I'm no datapack maker. Or a possibility to have furnaces as a way to cook ramen or something I don't know. Again, throwing ideas out there!

sushicraft.PNG

BONUS!
Aprons!!!! Just,, replace a type of chest-piece armor to make an apron texture for cooking or for a teacher to provide students with for culinary class. I think it'd be sick and gives a more immersive feeling for upcoming chefs. Like if leather armor wasn't retextured yet that'd be cool for colorable aprons.

Again, I'm no expert, if things can't be done that's okay, I'm unsure what was suggested already or not because 61 pages of reviewed suggestions leads me overwhelmed so I just dumped a bunch of ideas in my brain. I like this game and I wanna see it improve overtime so yeah. c:

DarkEclipic

Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

Yessss! Idk to the dorms since there isnt really an area to put a building like that

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I love all these idea and the idea of custom fish textures could definitely be implemented into cooking with the plugin upcoming on the trello board which would make cooking more interesting and rewarding, book bags would also solve the spacing issues some players have which is sort of the main cause of the housing problem however, there have been incidents of duping with plugins like this.

I have some grievances with adding things like quests and aprons, however, his at the end of the day is a roleplay server, creating specific set situations and outcomes for reward takes away from the main purpose and turns this less into a free range roleplays server and more into a an RPG which I’m not much of a fan of.

aprons would be a neat idea but they feel like something that could be more kept to skin design.

As for dorm rooms, I’m not sure we have the sufficient space on the map for them, nor do I think the higher ups are willing to expand the map for them unfortunately, though it is a cool idea in retrospect.

Overall a +1

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 great ideas, all of these seem pretty feasible!

Maybe except for the shulker box one and the dorms one (bcs space), but I'm fairly sure we could find another plugin to replace the shulker boxes.

Iris.fi

Level 32
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
+1 because everyone else is saying it and i agree, everything would be pretty nice even if not possible

robinzee

Level 21
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I think this suggestion is pretty solid, but I'm unsure if all of these will be able to be accommodated. I'll take a look at 'em one-by-one and give my opinion, but if you're here for the +1/-1 rating, overall, I'm leaning toward +1.

FUNCTIONAL BOOK BAGS
As far as I know, and I may be wrong, but functional bags were a thing, but they were unfortunately used for duping. If there's any way to prevent a duping glitch, yeah, sure, but knowing some players on the server will use it to make incredible amounts of cashola/moolah with very little effort...

DORMITORIES
There already is something akin to a dormitory or "free housing area", that being the Public Housing at 1947 17 1107. The problem with this location is that it's hardly (read: not) mentioned in all the beginner's guides I've read so far and it's kinda tucked away from most social hotspots, there aren't any characters to interact with, no factions reside there. BUT, it is a nice build and word should definitely be spread about it - it's even next to a cool garden!

FISH TEXTURES
Yes. Please.

MORE QUESTS FOR YEN
I know that the opportunities for new players to make money are really scarce, and that's why I do think there should be something akin to the fishing job that anybody can do at any time they're free. I've seen suggestions where they want it to be a delivery job which... I don't really agree with, since it requires spawning of NPCs and whatnot, but keeping it constrained to a single area like an industrial kitchen could work. That being said, if none of these do get added, I strongly suggest you look into some legal businesses that are hiring - there's usually at least one or two.

COOKING
A cooking mechanic is in the works, but I'm not sure if it will work how you imagine it to.

Thanks for joining the server, hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

Users who are viewing this thread