mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Drama. . .Teacher?

slimester

Level 79

What is your Minecraft Username?: Doltiah.

How old are you?: 15, birthday March 8th.

Do you have any previous bans?: I’ve been banned only once, and that was for hacking near when I first joined the server, I apologize sincerely.

What Country are you from?: The United States.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, it’s Akin#8198.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I do understand that.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: yes, I know I will be demoted if I am inactive. I will try my best to host as many classes as possible.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I understand that all activity should be recorded on the teacher roster.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I am on the server for at least 7+ hours a day. I can check the forums at any time, and I do check the forums at least three times a day.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
( Weapon License | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/weapon-license-slimester.19310/
( Spanish Application | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/spanish-application.19208/
( Staff Application | Denied )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/akins-staff-app.18867/
( Staff Application | Denied )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/staff-application.22179/
( Korean Application | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/akins-korean-language-app.18732/
( German Application | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/redo-lang-app-akxn.16861/
( Thai Application | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/thai-lang-app.16880/
( School Mentor Application | Denied )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/school-mentor-app.17228/
( Spanish Application | Accepted )
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/switching-out-thai-for-spanish-lang.17235/
( Police Application | Accepted )
Done in a conversation.
( Judge Application | Accepted )
Done in a conversation.
( College Application | Accepted )
Done over discord.
( News Reporter Application | Accepted )
Done over discord.
( BMD Application | Denied )
Done in a conversation.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My motivation for becoming a teacher is because I want to again, try something new. I do know that there are many new players that attend classes as well, so I thought it would be a good way to help new people on the server. I think I would do a great job as a teacher mainly because I know that I’ll have entertaining classes and do things that other teachers don’t do often. I’ll make sure to stand out from all the other teachers, meaning I’ll try my best to be different and more interesting so more people would attend my classes. Also, I’m applying to be a Drama Teacher, which makes me even more interested in applying. I have many ideas in mind that I can do whilst being a Drama teacher.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Yes, I have plenty of experience in roleplaying. My biggest change in roleplay was becoming a police officer. I roleplay pretty often as well, I’ve been to classes and I know how they usually playoff. I roleplay as a normal player on the server every single day, and I’m trying to do bigger things such as having bigger roles and being involved with different types of roleplay situations, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to have a different roleplay experience.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: It doesn’t exist. I read throughout the code of conduct at least twice though.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are very important because it’s something that you need to document the activity of a class you hosted. This is useful because there may not always be someone with higher authority available, so you can then log the activity of that student on the document.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: You have to propose the field trip idea to one of the VP’s or the Principal. Make sure the idea and the place of the field trip are planned out beforehand or make sure the overall idea of the field trip is planned out. I would also make sure that the field trip is somewhat educational and has some type of learning experience involved with it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

The strict rules in my classroom would be:

1. No eating nor drinking in the classroom. Eating and drinking could cause major distractions and isn’t the best for the environment.

2. Be prepared. If you aren’t prepared it could cause a lot of stalling and waiting for things to play out as they normally should.

3. Be on time. No one wants to teach a student that’s always late to class. If you show up late, you could miss out on many things, such as warm-ups and reviews.

4. Be nice to others. If you want someone to treat you with respect, you must, treat them with respect as well. Also, don’t disturb anyone’s’ personal space.

5. Clean up after your selves. If you don’t clean up after yourselves, the next class period won’t be so fun for the next group of people.

Summarize your previous RP experience (both in general and on SchoolRP): Some previous RP experience I’ve had is RPing as a police officer and handling various amounts of GangRPers. I’ve been an officer for at least 6 months and I made it all the way up to Head LT. Another scenario of previous RP experience is RPing as a jock. On my main account, I RP every day with anyone that comes across me. I haven’t really RP’d anywhere else besides SchoolRP and PrisonRP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD is the (Head of Department). The Head of Department is responsible for being in charge of NQTS and watching them teach whenever they want. An HD is a role that is hard-earned by a very good and respected teacher. The HD is also in charge of all teachers that teach the same subject as them.

- QTLS: QTLS stands for (Qualified Teaching and Learning Skills). This is the second rank you get after mastering the NQT rank, this rank shows that you’ve proven you’re suitable enough to be an official teacher.

- NQT: NQT is an acronym for (Newly Qualified Teacher). An NQT is a teacher that has been recently hired, in a way, they’re on trial. A new teacher is expected to do good and prove themselves worthy enough to become an official Qualified Teacher.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers serve such a good role in-game and IRL. Their job is to teach and show students how to do things the correct way. Teachers also make SchoolRP’s roleplay experience very fun for the players. Teachers are supposed to get students involved with the lessons and activities as well. Teachers get paid around ¥250,000 and ¥200,000 yen per month. A teacher can teach their class by keeping a calm manner whilst introducing and explaining lessons, another way they can be effective with teaching is getting the students involved in the lessons, instead of them just sitting in their desk all day doing nothing. Teachers usually plan out lessons in their spare time or grade work.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are very important to the SchoolRP people server, the name says it all. Without teachers there wouldn’t be a purpose of SchoolRP nor would it be SchoolRP. Teachers play a very important role when it comes to RP, many new players join the server to roleplay as a student so, therefore, teachers are severely needed every day. Without teachers, I think the server wouldn’t own up to its name that well, or at all.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Must have, Should have, Could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Somta Masayoshi stood at 5’10 and weighed around 151lbs. He always wore an outfit that stands out from the rest of the people, most un-formal clothes. He has black hair, maintaining a few gray hairs as well. He’s a pale old man with dry and wrinkly skin.

Somta stands out from the rest of the crowd mainly because of the way he acts around students. Instead of being so serious all the time, he’s only aggressive when it’s utterly needed. He’s usually very enthusiastic around kids as well. He gets along with kids often and looks forward to teaching kids.

He sees his students as his little kids. He wouldn’t want to disrespect them nor yell at them. However, Somta has a mean side. He can get very rude to some kids if they decide to disrespect him all the time.

Somta loves to get along and collaborate with other teachers as well. He makes sure to avoid saying anything that may upset another teacher and he’s very aware of his actions whilst being around one. Somta overall gives off great energy when around other teachers.

He has a very passive-aggressive personality. Somta will always be generous and nice to those who deserve and earns it. If you don’t show him any respect, he won’t show you any back.

Somta’s plans for the future is to have his students be very intelligent before they graduate school. He’s been a police officer before, and now he wants to be a teacher. He enjoys teaching people how to do right in the world.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would approach the group of students in a calm manner and make sure to tell them that their foul language isn’t accepted here. If they comply and stop cursing I’d let them live their life, if not, I’d report them to a VP or the Principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I’d stop teaching the class completely. If they don’t comply with me and be quiet, they clearly don’t deserve to learn. Another way I could resolve this problem is by calling down the vice-principal down to the classroom and maybe that’ll resolve some problems.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Upon being inside the teacher’s lounge, I’d keep a respectful and calm manner. I will be sure of my surroundings and will not disturb anyone else’s peace whilst being in there.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would enter the classroom silently, walking up to the front of the classroom. he’d clear his throat whilst looking towards the students and address the classroom rules with them briefly.

/me would raise his tone of voice, hopefully intriguing the audience to focus on him more.

/me he’d erase the previous text on the chalkboard and replace it with another text stating all 5 of the classroom rules.

/me he’d rumble throughout the stacks of papers sitting ontop his desk. He started to grade all of the students’ previous assignments as the class worked on their current classwork.

/me he walked up to Johnathan and in a very calm manner, he asked for his phone.

Backstory

1989: Somta grew up in Karakura, Japan. he knew all about the place. Throughout his time being there, he realized that it was such a terrible town to live in, he didn’t quite understand how people could live there. He decided he wanted better and wanted people to do better, but obviously, that wouldn’t work out if no one listens, which no one did.

1999: The best thing Somta could think to get people involved was to, of course, make friends, and maybe have a family, but that wasn’t a must at the time. Hence Somta was a very patient person, he wouldn’t mind taking the long route of having a family. How are they gonna change things? Somta had a good idea, and that was to create some type of organization or joining an organization involving helping people out. He tried his hardest to make his own org. workout, but unfortunately it didn’t work. Somta decided to then, join the police force.

2010: As Somta grew older, he suddenly got tired of running around catching criminals all day. Whilst being in the police force, he met someone he loved, someone he could trust and talk to about problems. They then fell in love, both resigned from the police force and created a family! They, of course, wanted their kids to have the same route as them, which was being a police officer when growing up.

2020: Somta and his newly married wife, raised their kids to become police officers. Since Somta was a very helpful person and wanted to help out kids as much as he can, he resigned from fighting the bad and started to focus on teaching kids, which is why and when he thought being a teacher was a great opportunity for him.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Somta Masayoshi.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Somta Masayoshi.
Preferred Name: Somta.

Religious Denomination: Buddhism.
Marital Status: Married.

Nationality: Japanese.
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 4 years.
Working Experience (# of years): 30 years.

Academic Degree: Associate’s, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree.

Year of Graduation: 1987.
Major(s): Drama and History.
Minors: Math and Science.

Native Languages: Japanese.
Other Languages: None.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Drama.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): None.

Do you have any questions?: No.

D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted.
- I have no doubt that you'll do a fine job with this position, welcome to the team.

Please DM me on Discord to have your role sorted out - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread