mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

DrKatzz uhh.. slightly weird suggestion?

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Read some of replys to the thread, particularly mine that combats this mindset. Having babies be exclusive to adult tags would practically make this next to a 0% chance of occuring as Adult tags worked hard to recieve their roles and would fear losing it over something as silly as abusing a baby oocly
Yes however it would be unfair in my opinion as it would make it pointless for college to be allowed to have children don't you think? Like if college can have kids, why can't they RP with the item?

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Yes however it would be unfair in my opinion as it would make it pointless for college to be allowed to have children don't you think? Like if college can have kids, why can't they RP with the item?
Also I did read the replies to the thread, ALL of them

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I would say that college people can't have kids entirely

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I would say that college people can't have kids entirely
Okay, but in this case most people on the server would have to completely void having children, for example my friend Jess.innit has a kid on the server, but is college role, meaning she would have to void everything to do with her kid.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+

Let's not increase the amount of 20-year-olds with babies, it's already weird...

opp

Level 50
of 20-year-olds with babies, it's already weird...
Reason why most of us here want this option to just be for the Adult tag, personally. I think the rule should be set higher when it comes to having children.

opp

Level 50
role, meaning she would have to void everything to do with her kid
Let’s be honest, if someone is playing her kid.. it will never really make sense to how College students have children since it’s a weird age and realistically, they would of had to have those kids when they were in there mid teens. Personally, I feel having children should be higher than 20 or changed to just those with Adult roles (people who have adult roles can be in their early twenties)

opp

Level 50
would say that college people can't have kids entirely
Which I think around these times pregnancy is easy for college students, it will just NEVER make sense in the age construct. College role should be able to adopt at most but I am agreeing with Toto here

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
i remember when i was hosting a class way back whenever i was a professor and someone just like had a baby and it started crying in class and for that reason i am strongly against this

opp

Level 50
remember when i was hosting a class way back whenever i was a professor and someone just like had a baby and it started crying in class and for that reason i am strongly against this
Which is one of the reason most of us here wants it to be the adult role only, and onto that on my thread I said “Babies are not allowed on school grounds, hospital or any work related grounds. When people step into work or school they will be put into “daycare”.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
while it’s an odd suggestion i do give it a +1. as mentioned it IS restricted, hence restricting the weird amount of lore-lacking pregnancies due to introducing that you actually have to go to the ems/fill out a form, tediously follow instructions and more to get the item (therefore eliminating the odd amount of lazy *gasp* “suddenly, a child” scenarios, as well as probably killing any weird intentions people have if they’re going thorough all this effort for a weird joke ykwim????) ((im very sleep deprived while writing this so i do apologize))
aannnddd people are gonna rp babies anyways, no matter where this thread goes. if anything this restricts the weird amount of stuff people will do surrounding it.. giving them something concrete to use is something far more preferable over the awkward /it baby description scenarios, it’s awkward to realize oocly someone has a child theyre holding like 10 minutes oocly into conversation lol. honestly think this would help prevent weird roleplaying relating to children than feed it, but i suppose i can see the other perspective. otherwise, far more positive benefits imo. i’d prefer a baby model item anyday over the current awkwardness of itemrping a baby. LOL.
(extra note: ~under the potential we roll with toto’s idea and limit it to adult roles- people that are not adult role and are likely college students (and don’t have the model available to them,) will be far LESS inclined to roleplay out children since they don’t have the model. i’m just saying, two in one solutions that are being ignored here..~)

Last edited:

opp

Level 50
what the fuck..........
-1 from me
I find some of the opinions like this pretty weird, considering they already ALLOW people to have babies. Why are y’all acting as if this is some sort of suggestion that’s allowing babies to be added into rp like it’s already not? Confusing ..

opp

Level 50
aannnddd people are gonna rp babies anyways, no matter where this thread goes.
People already do but I assume the fact that it can be awkward like you said .. people tend to just .. skiprp it and the whole being like early 20’s with a Biological 13-15 yr old is just .. WEIRD.

i’d prefer a baby model item anyday over the current awkwardness of itemrping a baby. LOL.
Someone finally understands :,)

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
It’s just not a good idea. Not necessary. It’s been denied twice in the past so it will be denied a third time and that’s that. You have to itemRP many things in SRP because there’s just not enough resources or even proper reasoning to cram another public item onto the list of hundreds of items you can already have. If you can already rp having a child then do so. There’s genuinely no need to make an entire item out of it that’ll realistically only be effective for 2 OOC months (1/2 IC year as that’s when babies tend to start walking and not need to be swaddled in a blanket.) I advise the use of more perishable (food) or permanent items (instruments, canes, phones, etc) on the server rather than something that will grow in excess and end up seeing people selling and buying the “baby” item on the auction house.

opp

Level 50
I’m gonna put this out here cause a lot seem very either confused about the thread, or just not really seeing both sides at all or just don’t want to read it in general

A lot of us on this suggestion, want to have this baby item to only ADULT roles(Personally if it could be adult, also 23-25+. It would make it so much better) cutting out the whole College students that are 20+ having the availability to still adopt but cannot have a biological baby of their own.. because like I already said LETS BE REAL HERE. The whole skiprp is very weird to see especially seeing a 20yr old College student and a Greenie calling them mom (and considering them to be their biological parent/s) so it would be better to push college out the situation already.

I already set various of suggested rules for the baby, especially with the auction house situation. Though, I CAN see my suggestion being denied just cause Mike did ban baby custom items to be made (No worries I just found that out, otherwise I wouldn’t have made this suggestion) This is still able to bring a open cracked door to this being possibly added in one day.

A lot of these situations, can be dealt with. But a lot of these situations would need to take a step forward with also, by all means no one has to exactly agree with me or others but it would be nice to see both point of views ..

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
Okay sure, but...
What becomes of the baby once they are in between ages 2-12? Do they just randomly disappear, or...?

(-1 for reasons that I will not disclose.)

Users who are viewing this thread