DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder

DivingBlues' Duck Whitelist Suggestion
IGN: DivingBlues
DATE: 2/09/2022 (1/09/2022)
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I would like to suggest and also mention / or point out the ability of ducks and what they can and can’t do. Realistically you’d see a duck flying around and while it's quite common the ones on SRP can’t. Now, this doesn't bother me as much but I think as a substitute to this ducks should have the ability to have their character have 50 swim speed.

Why? 50 swim speed allows one to glide / or swim in water faster than normal. I think being realistic ducks commonly settle on the water paddling around with their webbed feet and waiting for food or prey. Having ducks in SRP have these abilities will one mean that if spooked or a human happens to pass around the duck, it can paddle away quickly from the player as in real life. And gives them a unique ability that can be used with this animal whitelist.

I secondly want to mention the fact that ducks cannot enter school grounds. While I don't take much interest in this one as it isn’t as important, it came to my attention that ducks are birds. Birds and snails are the only two animals that can come and go on school grounds if I’m correct. Yet if a duck is a bird shouldn’t it too be allowed to wander the school grounds? I can understand that this may be a distraction to students and may interfere with them doing set standards in school. And also the fact ducks are quite shy unless raised by a human from being a hatchling. At my school face to face, we have a few wild ducks who tend to spend their time on the ovals and grassy areas. I think giving the ducks this ability to enter the school grounds would be more realistic as they waddle around the less crowded areas and gardens snacking or padding around in the small pools of water away from the populated spaces.

I want to mention the ability of ducks to fly. While this does not have to happen the first two are more important. But currently, ducks on SRP cannot fly, why? I have no idea, however, ducks are in real-life skilled flyers. They are taking on huge journeys to fly great distances because of migration. Yet on SRP ducks can’t actually fly, instead they’re only allowed to waddle around and can't do much at all. If ducks were given the flying ability it would be a lot more realistic and would encourage people to want to roleplay a duck character. While I understand this is a game and not everything is meant to be realistic I still would like to see some encouragement for some of the forgotten animals of SRP. These are all my suggestions and ideas that don't need to be taken seriously. These are thoughts and I wanted to throw them out there because some people may be on the same page as me.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Ducks will be more of an interesting animal whitelist to buy and roleplay around. It’ll allow players to become interested and want to get involved with these shy and mysterious little feathered friends who wander around karakura. Not only that it’ll make roleplay more realistic and allow for people to see these animals more often and in hopes raise the number of current people who have the duck whitelist.

These animals will also have more of a purpose and have people wanting to be around these creatures and say hi or try to interact with the local ducks who may be somewhat neutral or run away scared by the presence of a human. Making RP more interesting knowing that ducks will commonly hang around the grassy areas of karakura and on the ponds swimming around.

‧̍̊°。˚ .° 。˚ °。˚ °。˚ . ° 。˚ °。˚‧̍̊
Discord - Diving#5539

In Game Accounts -

DivingBlues
[L.T] - [Teacher] [28] Rini Y. Kōraru

Quillstontavius
[F+] - [Fox] [1] Raven / Nokoribi

DrivingCrazy
[F+] - [Duck] [1] Quillsontavius ‘Quill’ / Aflac

_CreditCardInfo
[F+] - [Grade-12] [18] Madoka 'Doka' Noruma | Viya Miyazaki | Hotaru 'Yōko' Kōraru

"If we can learn to hate, we can learn to love"

‧̍̊°。˚ .° 。˚ °。˚ °。˚ . ° 。˚ °。˚‧̍̊

Prizebox

Level 9
I agree with ducks having a swim speed boost and allowing them to enter school grounds, however not all ducks can fly but then again I don't know what type of ducks are in srp, it would be cool for them to fly though.

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
I secondly want to mention the fact that ducks cannot enter school grounds. While I don't take much interest in this one as it isn’t as important, it came to my attention that ducks are birds. Birds and snails are the only two animals that can come and go on school grounds if I’m correct. Yet if a duck is a bird shouldn’t it too be allowed to wander the school grounds? I can understand that this may be a distraction to students and may interfere with them doing set standards in school. And also the fact ducks are quite shy unless raised by a human from being a hatchling. At my school face to face, we have a few wild ducks who tend to spend their time on the ovals and grassy areas. I think giving the ducks this ability to enter the school grounds would be more realistic as they waddle around the less crowded areas and gardens snacking or padding around in the small pools of water away from the populated spaces.
+1 (And, everything else)

I agree, within my school, we have a courtyard in which baby ducks live for housing, care and etc. The ducks should just chill towards the back where the small ponds are located or, something

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1 / -1
In general, I do agree with the swimming speed; but about the fly I assume its bc of how chicken is built in minecraft; there's no actual way for the model itself fly which will be very weird to see a flying duck(because of the model itself)

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Swim speed 50 grants you the same swim speed as swim speed 100 as dolphins grace 1 & 2 have no difference in effect. I don't believe they can manually increase /decrease attributes currently, but it could be cool in the future. I'm -1 for them having /fly & entering school grounds as in my opinion they're both unnecessary.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I assume its bc of how chicken is built in minecraft; there's no actual way for the model itself fly which will be very weird to see a flying duck(because of the model itself)
When a chicken is air born, it just does its falling animation. It looks a little funky, but it would probably work just fine.

Swim speed 50 grants you the same swim speed as swim speed 100 as dolphins grace 1 & 2 have no difference in effect. I don't believe they can manually increase /decrease attributes currently, but it could be cool in the future.
We could just give them depth strider boots instead of dolphin's grace. I'm pretty sure ds2 is faster than dolphin's on it's own, so there would be a noticeable difference compared to normal players. And since ducks would be a disguise, nobody would see the boots; we could even enchant them with curse of binding, so that ducks wouldn't be able to take them off (and give them to other players.)

The only issue this would present would be if the duck already has swim speed 50, because when both the enchant and effect are combined, you'll swim at mach8. If a way to block attribute gain for specific players or roles was implemented, this would definitely be a viable alternative. But yeah, as it stands this probably isn't something that can quickly be implemented on its own.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

Lemme be a duck and qauck at Liz and attack mins hair

Users who are viewing this thread