Denied duuster | Shine Maiden Application

duuster

Level 5
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
duuster,
is the account I'm applying on, however I have alternative accounts!

[College][B] Ink2maze
[College][B] Yetujik

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
rue#4225

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GMT
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
'Stealing Server Assets' - I was banned falsely, & had to clear it up with KimiNoUso in DMs.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
My microphone works, as well as it being clear!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm an active player & role-player as a whole, I partake in many forms of roleplay such as jockRP & YakuzaRP. (GangRP), I'm more so known as a tailor for various tailoring skin discord(s), though. I play SRP almost every other day, for a couple of hours!

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
My current knowledge from my person research; is that Torii are a scared gateway into Shintoism, Shintoism is the indigenous religious practice of Japan. Shinto has it's own shrines, priests & Gods. Shintoism is an optimistic faith in itself, humans are thought to be good creatures, and evil is to believed to be caused by evil 'sprits', not ghosts, spirits. The purpose of most Shinto rituals is to keep evil spirits' away, by their purification, prayers and offerings to the Kami. I already know a fair amount about their religion, & am willing to learn more as time goes on!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
As repeated, I already have a hefty amount of knowledge about Shintoism, their rituals, and their history, accepting someone who is already aware of these could benefit the roleplay that partakes in the Shrine a lot more, as well as the Monastery in general. I'm open to learning more about Shintoism, & am willing to spend time doing so.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I do in fact acknowledge I am to attend trainings & be taught more about Shinto, and their according procedures.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Io Tsuchimikado

CHARACTERS TITLE (
E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss. Tsuchimikado

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Widowed

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-107-2682

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
As a child, I was disturbed & I am not opposed to admit that. I was believed to be bothered by evil spirits, and was encouraged to visit Kumano shrine. I had visited a few times over the course of 5 years, and finally felt at peace. The word felt quiet for once in my life, so I had became dedicated to educate myself on Shintoism as a whole. I had applied to work for a small shrine in Kyoto, but got denied due to lack of experience. Years have passed now, and I believe this is a second shot. I want to spend my time learning more, meeting new Maidens & Priests. I am dedicated to this role, and wish to continue living my peaceful life.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
'To my personal research on the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, it's come to my attention that there was a previous shrine, that was constructed on June 6th, 774 BC. And finally finished construction in 762 BC. It was a place of the Buddha, however that changed later when the Monastery caught alight when the previous priest, decided to burn it to the ground. Later on, the Shinei Seinaru Shrine was rebuilt in 2004. To this day, remains of the old shrine still remain undug, beneath the current one. I did more digging to find that there was a Kami, who surmount the name 'Chiharu Yamatsumi', but that was all my research I had stumbled upon when researching about the Monastery, hopefully, upon visiting, I'll learn more.'

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery lead Inari Kyohanashima,

My name is Io Tsuchimikado, and I am writing a formal letter to you about the in-progress application I am writing in order to alter the role of becoming a Maiden, I am a thirty-one year old Japanese woman, who is currently housed in Karakura. I have been eyeing the position for awhile, and have finally found the courage to apply in hopes I am accepted as one of your Maidens in Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. As aforementioned in my application, as a child I struggled with evil spirits, and found comfort and peace within Shintoism. Since then, learning and working close with other Maidens has been my goals. I was once turned down for lack of experience, and believe I am correct to say I have gained experience, not as an official Maiden, but working close with them, and Priestesses. I pray this application, and letter reaches you in once piece,

Yours sincerely,
Miss. Tsuchimikado.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
A young, Japanese girl who was born and raised in Kyoto, Japan as with her her parents, Ishii and Nasu Tsuchimikado. Io was an only child. Her parents, funny enough, were not religious, they were not fond of the idea of Shintoism at all. They believed it to be a bunch of nonsense, however Io was always a very open-minded kid, she'd always given things a chance, whether it was food, or new opportunities, to religions. Io started experiencing paranormal activity from a young age. . Call it 6, 7? At first it was the usual "Mom there's a monster under my bed!", to things moving, being thrown, and whispers. She was quiet, kept it to herself, until about 15, something happened, life-changing, character-transformative, she never spoke about it, not a word uttered. She did her own research on Shintoism, and brought the idea of it to the dinner table; her parent's weren't very supportive, but let Io do whatever she wanted to do. In the end, it was her choice, not their. She set off, and visited the Kumano shrine, and spoke with the priestess about her troubles and concerns, Io was being targeted by a Yōkai, it had turned out. The priestess recommended Io return to their shrine for a couple of months, until things' started to clear up; and to her surprise, they did.

Fast forward a couple of years, Io was about . . 18 now? Her life had changed, she'd forgotten about the hauntings, the Shintoism, she was more rebellious at this age, getting into fights, causing drama, smashing things up, indulging in various substances, wearing provocative clothing and such, even meeting her first love; and her now dead, husband, who unfortunately partook in a nasty car-crash when he was 25, and was put in a coma for 2 years, and died peacefully in his sleep. Shortly after, Io made her move to an entirely different place; Currently know as Karakura. Io surmount a small house, offside of the beach, she spent most of her time there, hidden away. . Until. . Thing's started happening again, whispers, sudden movements of inanimate objects, and strange noises. This came to Io exploring the city, and doing her research. She was always very knowledgeable, she had to know everything. She came across the shrine, and visited, snooped around, and got a good feel of the layout and familiarized herself with her surroundings. This was an occurring and continuous thing Io participated in, she even sparred up in the Dojo with a few of the regulars, and worked on her prayers alongside her rituals and her tea ceremonies.

It took a lot of self-encouragement & convincing for Io to give it another shot, she knew from a young age she was destined to be a Maiden, her young-adult years distracted her from what was important, she lost track of herself, who she was. She was lost after her husband passed away, and felt there was no general meaning anymore. She was bored, and her days were repetitive. Shintoism, in Io's eyes, was a type of savior for her. On a Monday night, around 2:40am, she made the spontaneous decision to apply for one of the open spots she'd spotted on the roster, she was up for the rest of the night, typing away. Careful not to pay mind to the doubtful thought's in the back of her mind. . She wondered what her dad would say about her choices, not that it mattered now. She was older, and independent. Io had a lot of respect, she carried herself well; and to this day is a hard-working, spontaneous, individual, who's mind is set on working alongside Monastery lead, Inari Kyohanashima.
SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
A priest who serves at a Japanese Shinto shrine is known as a Miko, or shrine maiden. Young female priests are referred to as 'Miko' in most cases. Miko have entertained and appeased Shinto deities for millennia by performing kagura (holy dances), performing exorcisms, engaging in divination, and acting as oracles.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Tsukubai's are often found near the entrance of a shrine. They are to perform a purification ritual before entering the religious space. Originally, water from natural springs was used, but running water in these water basins known as 'Chouzuya' or 'Temizuya', have been adapted to areas without a natural spring. This ritual is to purify the mind and body and is not only for religious followers, but for everyone who wishes to visit the shrine or temple.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
As soon as you interact with the shrine workers or priest, you should present your offering. They'll notify Kami that you made an offering and put it on the offering table. Following the 'gokitoh' or service, they observe numerous persons presenting the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea bowl is positioned on the tatami mat in front of you, with its front facing you. With your right hand, pick it up and put it on your left palm. Turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise with your right hand so that its front is no longer towards you. Take a few sips of the tea, then pour it back onto the tatami.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi, a type of Shinto offering, is created from a branch of a Sakaki tree and is embellished with shide strips made of washi paper, silk, or cotton. Tamagushi are ritually offered to the kami at Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi, and other events at Shinto shrines by parishioners, shrine maidens, or kannushi priests.

An ofuda is a talisman used in Shinto and Buddhism in Japan. It can be created from a variety of materials, including paper, wood, fabric, or metal. Ofuda are frequently seen in Buddhist and Shinto temples and are thought to possess the power of the gods or Buddhist figures worshipped there.

Kagura suzu are a set of twelve bells used in kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle: two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells on the bottom tier.

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Thank you for applying to become a shrine maiden, however, today you are being denied due to your recent history.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread